Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Open Business vs SPG Personal.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, MileagePlus Silver & Others.
SPG Open Business vs SPG Personal.

I have both the SPG Open Business and SPG Personal. While in general, I keep expenses on both separate, I don't have a problem merging the spending I'd do on both onto a single card--I'm fairly good at accounting.

So my question is: Is there any advantage to the SPG Personal? The Open Business version has various cash back opportunities with specific partners, which the SPG Personal does not.

Does the Open Business version offer the Preferred Guest Plus status (not that it matters too much, since I'm Gold, but I may drop out of Gold next year)?

I know having both helps with Stays towards status, but the difference between Preferred Guest Plus and Gold status is minimal for me (I just don't do enough SPG spends to care about the bonus points).

I do know that business cards have less consumer protections, but beyond that, are there any bonuses to the SPG Personal card I am missing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.