FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1319116-post-how-properties-handle-spg-platinum-breakfast-benefit-introduced-2012-a.html)

barelyelite Feb 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Post How Properties handle the SPG Platinum Breakfast Benefit introduced in 2012

With reports of what properties will be providing as part of the new "continental breakfast" benefit for Platinum members beginning to surface, I thought it would be a good idea to consolidate posts on how hotels are handling this benefit. For me, the way in which hotels interpret this new benefit will influence where I stay in the future.

Salient details may include what the breakfast consists of, where it is served, whether it is applied to more than 2 people or more than 1 room. For those properties that previously provided a breakfast, note whether the breakfast offering has changed and/or whether the 500-point amenity is still provided in addition to the breakfast.

I'm interpreting the breakfast benefit and upgrade fees posted in this thread to be per person and per day, unless stated otherwise. If anything in this list is missing or incorrect after having been posted in the thread, please PM me so that I can fix it. Thanks!

jpdx Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Great idea! It would also be helpful to list whether the property specifies a $ value (that can be applied to a full breakfast), and whether an upgrade option is given (or if the property is silent, check the menu and do the math). Also, any terms that are "above and beyond" the requirements (e.g., option for in-room dining) would be appreciated. I suspect we would also like to know which properties cut corners and give only a voucher valid at the coffee store instead of the restaurant, or perhaps define an excessively limited continental breakfast. Something along the lines of:

Property: XYZ
Voucher valid for: ABC items, $X at restaurant Y
Buy up to full breakfast: $X
Comments:
Gives free full breakfast / gives breakfast and points / allows room service / only a muffin shoved into an envelope, pick up at concierge desk / etc etc

SCPigskinPrep Feb 29, 2012 1:37 pm

Myrtle Beach Sherarton

The lounge is always open for breakfast now and they have upped their offering. The manager said they started on Feb 17th to meet the new policies.

Open 6:30 to 9:00 and 10:00 on Weekends

Juices, Coffees, Teas
Fruits, Cereal Box, Croissants, Bagels, Blue Berry Muffins, Eggs and Bacon (once) Oatmeal and Grits, Biscuits and Gravy (once) Pastries.

SCPigskinPrep Feb 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Sheraton Raleigh NC

One of the best club lounges in the country.......

Open 5 to 9 on weekdays

Last week they had a full buffet in the lounge. Eggs, Bacon, Ham, Waffle Maker, Fruits, Pastries, Breads, Juice,

Leumas Feb 29, 2012 2:03 pm

I was thinking about starting this thread when I was on the way to work this morning...! :)

Anyway, I'd add that if the poster posts what the property used to do before this started would be useful too. (Assuming the poster knows, of course...)

sfozrhfco Feb 29, 2012 4:12 pm

Westin SFO gave me vouchers for the buffet in the restaurant.

sbtinme Feb 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco (Post 18106317)

Which is precisely what I wish all of them would do.

barelyelite Feb 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by sbtinme (Post 18106452)
Which is precisely what I wish all of them would do.

+1

grlittle Feb 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Aloft Phoenix Airport, 1 from each line
Breakfast sandwich, cereal, muffin, etc.
Drink: bottled juice, soda, fancy water
Piece of fruit

Previously, noting complimentary for Plats

MSPeconomist Feb 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Westin Edina Galleria in Minnesota told me that they will continue to provide breakfast through lounge access. Plats will be able to get the 500 amenity points in addition to this.

mikeyyz Mar 1, 2012 12:22 am

W Seattle

Is giving buffet breakfast until they re-open their lobby next week from construction, at least!

ucce Mar 1, 2012 5:02 am

Westin Market Street or St. Francis?

ehud Mar 1, 2012 5:05 am

Originally Posted by ucce (Post 18109268)
Westin Market Street or St. Francis?

SFO - San Francisco airport Westin

UA-NYC Mar 1, 2012 6:12 am

For the full buffet or just the continental part? When I was there last year I thought I had access to the continental side as a Plat benefit.

iloveipods Mar 1, 2012 6:57 am

Westin Kuala Lumpur

Property: Westin Kual Lumpur
Voucher valid for: Continental bfast downstairs (will revise after tomorrow)
Buy up to full breakfast: ??
Comments: Points plus bfast either in lounge or continental downstairs (previously was full buffet downstairs)