Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
But will that delta to hit 500 this year include Marriott stays this year? Information is conflicting online
Legacy properties means pre-merger SPG properties. If you want to qualify that way, the 29 nights should be at those properties only.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Legacy properties means pre-merger SPG properties. If you want to qualify that way, the 29 nights should be at those properties only.
Is that true though? Another blog says otherwise https://thepointsguy.com/guide/lifet...riott-program/
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by BobbySteel

Is that true though? Another blog says otherwise https://thepointsguy.com/guide/lifet...riott-program/
That blog was written in May. Marriott was still clarifying their intent in June. See the wiki in this thread:

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
drron likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Although made SPG LTP before August 1 neither account shows me having any life time stus now.Marriott had me at LTG at one stage but that has now gone.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:46 am
JBD

How can I find out how many years I held Elite Status?

I know I was Gold for a few years in the aughts, and I'm thinking I might very well have been Gold for 5 years. Unfortunately my personal records are a mess -

On the new SPG website I can see activity going back to 2015, but I can't see any place online where Elite Status years are recorded.

Thanks for any info.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JBD
How can I find out how many years I held Elite Status?

I know I was Gold for a few years in the aughts, and I'm thinking I might very well have been Gold for 5 years. Unfortunately my personal records are a mess -

On the new SPG website I can see activity going back to 2015, but I can't see any place online where Elite Status years are recorded.

Thanks for any info.
Try checking the app. When you reach the MY ACCOUNT page, swipe left and a lifetime screen will appear.

Not sure if that will give you only Elite years. Sadly, dashboard no longer works.

Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
New SPG Lifetime Platinum

In 2 weeks I will become a LTP with 500 SPG nights. Do I receive a new card?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 360guy
In 2 weeks I will become a LTP with 500 SPG nights. Do I receive a new card?
You'll be lucky if Marriott's IT can even figure out to send you a "congrats" email...I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
My money says you won’t receive anything before 2020. By then IGH will have bough Marriott.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
There's no longer an SPG program. Meeting the qualifications for the old SPG LTP program is a criterion that qualifies you for LTP status in the new combined MR program.

I don't believe Marriott has provided physical cards for a few years now. It would be nice to receive a card with the new program information as a a keepsake/merger celebration, but I'm not counting on it.

In December/January, you should be moved to LTP in the new program. In theory. There are skeptics as to whether this will work as promised.

If you have a substantial number of MR nights, Lifetime Platinum Premiere is available as a one-time only opportunity this year - 750 nights between the two program (assuming you already have the 10 years combined PLTm as you have met the legacy SPG LTP metrics).
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Let's hope this works as promised. January 2019 is the next and last sweep w/ the old rules. No cards from Marriott; you used to be able to call and request one ... not sure this is still possible.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:19 pm

I've recently noted that as a legacy SPG member, my Lifetime Gold status has been properly updated in the new program. It was incorrectly showing Lifetime SIlver for the past few weeks.

That said, when looking at the details I see that my "Member Since" status reflect my years as a Marriott member (2013) but not as an SPG member (2010). I don't remember reading if this was normal or not (I dont't think it is...)

Has anyone else noticed this?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Guess I should frame my metal card !
margarita girl and uxb like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Guess I should frame my metal card !
Or take a sharpie and scribble your new number on it.
uxb and forumpersona999 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Or take a sharpie and scribble your new number on it.
I.... actually went and did that now :P
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.