Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Just got my Master Spreadsheet from my Ambassador.
how long did it take you to receive the master spreadsheet from the time you requested it????
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Keyser
how long did it take you to receive the master spreadsheet from the time you requested it????
mine was just a couple days btw
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
mine was just a couple days btw
thanks....i was told it could take up to a week...
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:06 am
Suspended

thanks....i was told it could take up to a week...
i got it in less than 24 hours, asked for it through the webchat
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Stupid question but can any SPG member get their Master Statement? Or is it only the P100s through their Ambassadors? If non-P100s can obtain their statements, how do we go about getting them?

Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by dannybhoy
Stupid question but can any SPG member get their Master Statement? Or is it only the P100s through their Ambassadors? If non-P100s can obtain their statements, how do we go about getting them?

Thanks!
I was told that one can email [email protected] to request the lifetime SPG master activity statement. I requested mine two days ago and am awaiting a response.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:47 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Two days. I asked for my spend record and was told they didn’t have that. Then I asked for the “Master Statement” and that took two days.

Just a reminder we are organizing 750+ night LTPs at https://t.co/GsOKpzTKpT to request they change and give us LTPPE.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by X-ON
If I can extend my suggestion to a solution I mentioned earlier in this thread:
Consider the following:
LT account SPG/MR with 750+ LT nights => LTPP
What's your justification for lowering existing standards and giving LTPP status to someone who never even earned LTP status at MR?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
...so we have one vote yes, one vote no. CSRs are NOT a good source for data, unfortunately may be our only source at times. I'm betting on changes coming out as soon as MPG staff patches up their wounds.
And William has confirmed that the CSR was wrong and what has been actually published in the program definition, and already clarified on FT, was indeed correct.

Stunning, eh?

(I assume you realized the sarcasm in my post - I wasn't saying that the CSR must be right. If not, then it was 2 votes for what turned out to be accurate)
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Canada101
Based on the answer provided by the Starwood Lurker just now in the Wiki in the Official Announcement thread, the Marriott CSR responses that have been provided to several members on this forum are incorrect.
Now the question is how many more times will the answer need to be posted, and how many more times will we get "but I heard through a blog about a guy why read a story about a guy married to a CSR who said it was August."

Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by CPRich
And William has confirmed that the CSR was wrong and what has been actually published in the program definition, and already clarified on FT, was indeed correct.

Stunning, eh?

(I assume you realized the sarcasm in my post - I wasn't saying that the CSR must be right. If not, then it was 2 votes for what turned out to be accurate)
Yes, as William has stated he can only pontificate what has been released by the powers at be. And the CSRs are saying there are changes coming down. So, currently the rules are what has been published (William), but changes (CSR) appear to be in the process. A lot of FT data is based upon interpretation of the rules and what is expected to become rules. My point was hang in there and expect to see things change, or not.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
What's your justification for lowering existing standards and giving LTPP status to someone who never even earned LTP status at MR?
The objective was to create a common denominator that could be employed in order merge LT tiers between two different loyalty programs without creating hostile emotions within any of the two groups of customers. Judging from the tone evident in how you formulate your question I obviously failed in this endeavor, that is in not creating any hostile emotions.
​​​​​​
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:18 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I do hope Marriott will clarify this sooner rather than later.

if they decide to grant LTPPE to Members with over 750 nights and 2M combined by 12/31/18 I can easily make it.

If they decide it must be by August it is doable for me but would take some work.

Fingers crossed that one of these happens.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by damon88
I do hope Marriott will clarify this sooner rather than later.

if they decide to grant LTPPE to Members with over 750 nights and 2M combined by 12/31/18 I can easily make it.

If they decide it must be by August it is doable for me but would take some work.

Fingers crossed that one of these happens.
​​​​​​This matching procedure should, if logic prevails, be applied on all tiers i.e. if a LT SPG GLD has 550 nights and equivalent 1.7M MR points he or she would be matched to LT MR GLD and subsequently LT PLT MPG....
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Did you skip the rest of the thread? .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.