Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by drron
Well have made my 500 nights.My dashboard looks like this-
How long has it been since the 500th night has posted? Unfortunately, my guess is there are several places that carry different data points and it will take a few days to a week to get them all sync'd up. If it was me, I'd wait until after the holidays to see how it looks and then contact SPG/Lurkers to see where things stand. The upcoming merger may cause some projects to be put on hold or cancelled pending review if needed post merger.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RogerD408
How long has it been since the 500th night has posted? Unfortunately, my guess is there are several places that carry different data points and it will take a few days to a week to get them all sync'd up. If it was me, I'd wait until after the holidays to see how it looks and then contact SPG/Lurkers to see where things stand. The upcoming merger may cause some projects to be put on hold or cancelled pending review if needed post merger.
actually it seems drron is still shy 2 years as platinum before being eligible for lifetime platinum status....
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
I have 10 years plat but the first comped.So in 2018 it should rollover to 1 year left.I have just checked out for my 50th night this year so even if I dont stay at an SPG hotel in 2018 I would be LTP in 2019.
The question is will it come earlier as it is inevitable.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Not sure you are right. If you have enough years of earning diamond already then you'd be LT now. If you are not then you must be short a year of earning diamond. So just "being" diamond throughout 2018 won't get you to LT - you'll still need to earn diamond one more time. It is easier to think about the 10 year requirement as the number of times you have earned diamond rather than some notion of years you were one. Thinking this way gets rid of all the confusion about earning diamond in some year by March and holding it through the entire next year and thinking that's 2 years of diamond - it is only one.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by pdx1M
Not sure you are right. If you have enough years of earning diamond already then you'd be LT now. If you are not then you must be short a year of earning diamond. So just "being" diamond throughout 2018 won't get you to LT - you'll still need to earn diamond one more time. It is easier to think about the 10 year requirement as the number of times you have earned diamond rather than some notion of years you were one. Thinking this way gets rid of all the confusion about earning diamond in some year by March and holding it through the entire next year and thinking that's 2 years of diamond - it is only one.
"Diamond"??? Yes, it can be confusing keeping track of all the programs.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I have 10 years plat but the first comped.So in 2018 it should rollover to 1 year left.I have just checked out for my 50th night this year so even if I dont stay at an SPG hotel in 2018 I would be LTP in 2019.
The question is will it come earlier as it is inevitable.
Define "10 years plat". You need to earn Platinum status through 25 stays or 50 nights in 10 separate years to qualify for lifetime status. As soon as you do that, your LT status will be updated (within a week or two).

If you don't stay in any property in 2018, and don't have LTP status now/shortly, you won't suddenly be LTP in 2019. You will not have earned any more LT annual status than you have right now.

You don't accrue a new year at PLT on Feb 28/March 1, or Dec 31/Jan 1, or any date other than when you hit the 25/50 number for that year. There is nothing to "roll over" at the start of a calendar or program year.

If 2018 will be your 11th year at PLT, less 1 year comped, then you have just hit your 10th year and status should come along in a few days, not a year.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by RogerD408
"Diamond"??? Yes, it can be confusing keeping track of all the programs.
Especially, when the thread title says "Platinum".
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
What is the chance the criteria for SPG lifetime status remain untouched by Marriott?

I am only two years into earning and redeeming with SPG, and am on track to earn lifetime gold in three years. I fear, however, it maybe too late already.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
No one knows the answer to that, but if I were to hazard a guess, it's that Marriott will have rolled both programs into one by 2019 at the latest. No idea if the Marriott LT program will remain the same, or whether a new program will be rolled out.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Repooc17
What is the chance the criteria for SPG lifetime status remain untouched by Marriott?

I am only two years into earning and redeeming with SPG, and am on track to earn lifetime gold in three years. I fear, however, it maybe too late already.
I'd say 0.0% (unfortunately)?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:42 pm

Some people seem a little confused.@017 was my 10th year of being plat.The first year comped,9 years earn't.However it was the 10th year that I have earn't plat.Meaning 2018 becomes my 10th year of earn't plat.So even if I dont have 1 SPG stay this year I will at the end have 502 nights and 10 years of earn't plat therefore LTP.
So on the first day of 2018 my dashboard says this-

Only 1 year to go.This will be my 11th year of plat.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Don't think we are confused (other then me calling it diamond - duh!). If you have indeed earned Platinum status 10 times at this point then you should now be LT since you have the 500 nights. That chart you show suggests that you need to earn Platinum once more to get to LT. As I suggested before don't think about years being Platinum - that just confuses things. Think purely in terms of times your have earned Plat which according to the chart you show is now 9 times. If you don't stay enough in 2018 then 1 year from now that chart will look just like it does now. SPG may have your records wrong or you may be miscounting but either way if you had actually earned Platinum 10 times to date then you would be LT right now.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pdx1M
Don't think we are confused (other then me calling it diamond - duh!). If you have indeed earned Platinum status 10 times at this point then you should now be LT since you have the 500 nights. That chart you show suggests that you need to earn Platinum once more to get to LT. As I suggested before don't think about years being Platinum - that just confuses things. Think purely in terms of times your have earned Plat which according to the chart you show is now 9 times. If you don't stay enough in 2018 then 1 year from now that chart will look just like it does now. SPG may have your records wrong or you may be miscounting but either way if you had actually earned Platinum 10 times to date then you would be LT right now.
Agreed that's how I read it - 10 total years elite but only 9 of those being Platinum
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
So even if I dont have 1 SPG stay this year I will at the end have 502 nights and 10 years of earn't plat therefore LTP.
i don't think that is correct....as per your dashboard you are still short one year platinum status so you will need either 25 stays or 50 nights this year in order to complete the criteria for lifetime platinum status....
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:55 am

2017 was my 10th year that I earnt platinum but 2008 I had been comped.The next 9 years were earnt plat.This will be the 10th year of earnt plat.@017 was my 9th year of earnt plat.On Jan 1 my years to complete dropped from 2 to 1.So I am presuming my 10th earnt year finishes on Dec 31 2018.
PS before being comped in 2008 I had no status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.