Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Just made LTP this past weekend, but not showing on my account as of yet. Still showing LTG. On my 501st night I went to one of my usual SPG hotels in MSP and had called the Plat Ambo. to let confirm the number of stays to see if I for sure was LTP. They confirmed I was so I asked them to call the hotel and let them know as I was traveling w/ my son to see if they could do something special for us. Still hoping for a St. Regis robe w/ my name on it, but just was hoping for a welcome gift or the manager coming out and telling me congrats on achievement, but upon arrival there was nothing. I don't think their system had updated to show it yet, but I wish it was more of a big deal. Yes, I think that SPG has the best hotel loyalty program in the world, but hitting LTP is a huge thing, I am just selfishly wishing a bigger deal was made over it.

No, I am not looking to be on a float full of SPG LTP in the next Macy Parade, just the robe and Priority Upgrades for Suites!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
Just made LTP this past weekend, but not showing on my account as of yet. Still showing LTG. On my 501st night I went to one of my usual SPG hotels in MSP and had called the Plat Ambo. to let confirm the number of stays to see if I for sure was LTP. They confirmed I was so I asked them to call the hotel and let them know as I was traveling w/ my son to see if they could do something special for us. Still hoping for a St. Regis robe w/ my name on it, but just was hoping for a welcome gift or the manager coming out and telling me congrats on achievement, but upon arrival there was nothing. I don't think their system had updated to show it yet, but I wish it was more of a big deal. Yes, I think that SPG has the best hotel loyalty program in the world, but hitting LTP is a huge thing, I am just selfishly wishing a bigger deal was made over it.

No, I am not looking to be on a float full of SPG LTP in the next Macy Parade, just the robe and Priority Upgrades for Suites!
- A St. Regis robe? I only got a metal card in the mail after ca. 40 days since the congratulatory e-mail. Nothing special for this LT PLT and PLT75 from hotels either... I will be hitting 75 nights SPG again this Dec.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- A St. Regis robe? I only got a metal card in the mail after ca. 40 days since the congratulatory e-mail. Nothing special for this LT PLT and PLT75 from hotels either... I will be hitting 75 nights SPG again this Dec.
Ditto. My ambassador didn't even know I hit LT Plat! But maybe NWAsilvELITE will get lucky. One can only hope!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Ditto. My ambassador didn't even know I hit LT Plat! But maybe NWAsilvELITE will get lucky. One can only hope!
I am not expecting anything, I had seen that some LTP had been sent a St. Regis robe (or some sort of gift) w/ their name on it and thought it was a nice gesture. I would wish that or a choice of options for anyone that hit LTP along w/ the metal card for achieving that milestone. Just about to hit Plat 100 at the end of the week due to the 2x stay/night elite credit promo I received, so that will be a 1st for me.

Good luck to the rest of you that are close to LTP!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:56 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
I am not expecting anything, I had seen that some LTP had been sent a St. Regis robe (or some sort of gift) w/ their name on it and thought it was a nice gesture. I would wish that or a choice of options for anyone that hit LTP along w/ the metal card for achieving that milestone. Just about to hit Plat 100 at the end of the week due to the 2x stay/night elite credit promo I received, so that will be a 1st for me.

Good luck to the rest of you that are close to LTP!

I got my St. Regis robe about a year ago. (link to earlier post in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27526330-post1259.html ) I'm still not LTP, but will be with a few more nights this month. Already have my 500 nights, but need to finish qualifying this year for my 10th year as platinum.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE

Ha. All I received was an email after they did the sweep, and then the metal card in the mail about 3 weeks later.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:50 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I think this milestone may be one of the casualties of the merger. If it had happened two years ago, then it might have been a bigger deal than it is now. Maybe they will make a big deal when the programmes are merged. I'm not holding my breath though.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by shawneve
End of 2018 I will be a 9 year SPG Plat with approx 540 nights.
Any idea how people like myself will be handled if LT status is merged and is more like the Marriott side?
(I also have approx 150 lifetime Marriott nights)

edit: Just realized I would be only 50 nights away from a combined 750. So if they went that route, 50 nights in what would be my 10th SPG platinum year would get me to the original Marriott standard. (not sure how the points part would work)
I am waiting with baited breath as well.

I am LT SPG Gold...no lifetime with MR but I actually have more nights with MR than with SPG. But no where near close on points....I got rid of the MR Visa a few years ago and that has hurt me.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy

I am LT SPG Gold...no lifetime with MR but I actually have more nights with MR than with SPG. But no where near close on points....I got rid of the MR Visa a few years ago and that has hurt me.
Do you have the SPG AmEx? If so, have you put a decent amount of spend on it?

Should be easy for Marriwood to look at CC spend by year (and associated points earned) and multiply x 3 to equalize.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy

Either you meant with bated breath, or you just ate a worm
margarita girl and JordanYVR like this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Do you have the SPG AmEx? If so, have you put a decent amount of spend on it?

Should be easy for Marriwood to look at CC spend by year (and associated points earned) and multiply x 3 to equalize.
No, I used to have both, got rid of both. Chase MR I got rid of because the free night could not get me the hotel I wanted any longer.....SPG AX I got rid of because, well it was not worth much. I did not need either to maintain status.

Trying to juggle too many programs and too many credit cards. I have to hit $50K on DL AX........

I have to have the Chase IHG to keep Plat because I moved my International IHG stays to SPG so will lose Spire/Plat next year without it. But the free night pays for the annual fee; unlike MR free night IHG free night is actually worth something.

I have the HH AX as it is automatic Gold...worth it for free breakfast alone. And starting next year 10 PP per year; not bad...not sure I will use it based on my travel patterns but nice to have it in case.

Once the dust settles I will get probably whichever card is better for the combined SPG/MR program.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I sure hope the combined lifetime is good.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
Either you meant with bated breath, or you just ate a worm
Very funny. Chill out, go get a Primanti Bros and an IC, and get ready for Pats to stomp the Steelers in AFC Champ.

(for the record I will be pulling for PIT but we all know what will happen)

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; Dec 21, 2017 at 8:35 am
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Well have made my 500 nights.My dashboard looks like this-
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I just rolled past 499 to 500, still showing LTG though

Old Dec 30, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stephem
I just rolled past 499 to 500, still showing LTG though

give it a few days....mine changed about 4-5 days later....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.