Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I finally have the bookings to nail down 500 nights this year. Initially I had planned to divert to somewhere like Phoenix and hit the Sheraton there for how ever many cash+pts nights I needed to cross 500. But then work trips came a calling and those combined with a late Dec trip to ski in Montana (and a few extra nights nearby) means I will cross the LTP threshold the Element Bozeman. For all the exotic SPG stays I have under my belt, it sure is funny that I will hit LTP there! Thought about saving #500 and going somewhere more special for New Years but I just want to be home doing some more skiing so Element Bozeman get me a bottle of Champers chilled for Dec 27!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by yosithezet
What is taking you so long?
Have a couple of stays already booked, but I know a 7 night stay over Christmas will push me over several thresholds..
1) Will have gotten 25 paid nights booked for the 10,000 points bonus
2) Will get SPG75 status
3) Will get LTP status
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
finally made it....the le méridien abu dhabi was where i ended up spending my 500th night....

i was not expecting anything special & was afraid my suite nights won't clear as the hotel was sold out for a special event but 4 days before my stay the suite nights got confirmed....i was further upgraded to a larger suite when i checked in & found the following presentation waiting for me in my room:

my kids loved the chocolates & sweets while my wife was impressed with the presentation so it all worked out well....

thanks to my ambassador & the property for making this stay special....

Last edited by Keyser; Nov 29, 2017 at 2:08 am
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:31 am

Hi -

So it looks like the programs will not merge until 2019. I will be about 90 nights shy at year-end. I am going to try to get LTP. I sometime feels like the guy in "Man vs. Food" as he sits down to eat some huge portions of meat. Any words of wisdom to help someone get to the finish line?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:03 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

So it looks like the programs will not merge until 2019. I will be about 90 nights shy at year-end. I am going to try to get LTP. I sometime feels like the guy in "Man vs. Food" as he sits down to eat some huge portions of meat. Any words of wisdom to help someone get to the finish line?
Find a cheap property like the Aloft Bangkok and check in for 3 rooms.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Originally Posted by damon88
Per my calculations I should hit LTP in March during a stay at the St. Regis New York. For those of you who have already attained LTP, did you alert the hotel you were staying at or did they already know? Just curious.

Thanks in advance !
I didn't alert the hotel but my Ambassador had been keeping track and when I hit LTP, she alerted the hotel I was staying at which was a Four Points and they went out of their way to make it a special stay. I know my Ambassador was involved as I received a card from both the property GM and my Ambassador. When I hit 1,000 nights, I was at a Sheraton and there again my Ambassador kept track and made it a special stay.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Canada101
I didn't alert the hotel but my Ambassador had been keeping track and when I hit LTP, she alerted the hotel I was staying at which was a Four Points and they went out of their way to make it a special stay. I know my Ambassador was involved as I received a card from both the property GM and my Ambassador. When I hit 1,000 nights, I was at a Sheraton and there again my Ambassador kept track and made it a special stay.
Very nice! My ambassador contacted me a few weeks after I became LT Plat, so I sent her pics of the fantastic welcome and recognition I got from the St Regis Florence to celebrate the occasion.

She also contacted me a week after my milestone birthday in October to ask what was taking me to the St Regis Langkawi (while I was at the Andaman). But that's OK, I'll have another one in 9 years and 11 months.

Congratulations Keyser on your LT achievement! (Aren't you glad you weren't in some cheap airport hotel?)
damon88 and Keyser like this.

Last edited by margarita girl; Nov 30, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Award at cat 1 place on weekends is prob more cost effective (if you have one nearby)
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
Be careful - I vaguely remember something in the T&Cs about 30 day and longer stays not getting spg credit.

So get three rooms for 29 nights each.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:40 pm

Hi -

Thanks for the info about multiple rooms. Funny that there are now a grand total of (2) Cat 1 properties in the US
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Congratulations Keyser on your LT achievement! (Aren't you glad you weren't in some cheap airport hotel?)
thanks....very glad....
Old Dec 1, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by VPescado
Be careful - I vaguely remember something in the T&Cs about 30 day and longer stays not getting spg credit.

So get three rooms for 29 nights each.
The limit is 90 nights now.
VPescado likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I received an email on Dec. 3 re: SPG Program Updates.

ACHIEVE TODAY. ENJOY FOREVER.

For our members with SPG Lifetime™ status: We’ll always recognize your lifetime achievement. And starting now, your Starpoints will never expire.

Is this confirmation that current SPG Lifetime status will be recognized in the merged MR/SPG/RC program? Starpoints never expire for lifetime status is new.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
End of 2018 I will be a 9 year SPG Plat with approx 540 nights.
Any idea how people like myself will be handled if LT status is merged and is more like the Marriott side?
(I also have approx 150 lifetime Marriott nights)

edit: Just realized I would be only 50 nights away from a combined 750. So if they went that route, 50 nights in what would be my 10th SPG platinum year would get me to the original Marriott standard. (not sure how the points part would work)
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:28 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by shawneve
End of 2018 I will be a 9 year SPG Plat with approx 540 nights.
Any idea how people like myself will be handled if LT status is merged and is more like the Marriott side?
Nobody has any idea how they will handle this. We are all just guessing at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.