Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
It can take up to 7 business days from the day you qualified for your Lifetime Platinum status to be picked up by the system.

Starwood / Marriott merger
Q : What will happen to my Lifetime Status when the programs merge together in the future?
A : Rest assured we will always recognize your Lifetime Status, whether it is today in your earned program or in the future with a new, combined program.
http://members.marriott.com/faq/#what-will-happen-to-my-lifetime-status-when-the-programs-merge-together-in-the-future
Print Wikipost

Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status

Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
LOL!! Same here, got a card, but that was all..
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist,
To be fair, I do have to report that my first stay after making Lifetime Plat included a nice suite upgrade and a handwritten welcome note that mentioned my status, along with two bottles of beer on ice and some very tasty maple popcorn (it was the Sheraton at YUL, after all!). Have stayed there before but this was the first recognition or upgrade like that.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by InHouseCounsel
To be fair, I do have to report that my first stay after making Lifetime Plat included a nice suite upgrade and a handwritten welcome note that mentioned my status, along with two bottles of beer on ice and some very tasty maple popcorn (it was the Sheraton at YUL, after all!). Have stayed there before but this was the first recognition or upgrade like that.
I would have expected a big bucket of poutine - especially tasty if it had been sitting out for an extended length of time
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, SQ Gold, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Plat Amb, ALL Plus Plat
Qualified late April for LT Plat, got an e-mail within days. The metal card arrived this week, via FedEx, along with a map showing the places I have stayed over the years. Funny how many hotels I had stayed are no longer Starwoods (Malta, Norway, Finland, Cameroon, Yemen...), so no dot on the map.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by TheIcon
Qualified late April for LT Plat, got an e-mail within days. The metal card arrived this week, via FedEx, along with a map showing the places I have stayed over the years. Funny how many hotels I had stayed are no longer Starwoods (Malta, Norway, Finland, Cameroon, Yemen...), so no dot on the map.
Funny you mention that... My stays in Sydney don't show up on the map, even though the Westin and the Sheraton are still there... I wonder if they were award stays before they started counting for night credit.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:48 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Also got my card yesterday.

Originally Posted by InHouseCounsel
I'm still waiting to be recognised.

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I would have expected a big bucket of poutine - especially tasty if it had been sitting out for an extended length of time
Even if they left the can of poutine sauce at this point...

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Funny you mention that... My stays in Sydney don't show up on the map, even though the Westin and the Sheraton are still there... I wonder if they were award stays before they started counting for night credit.
I think you may be on to something. I had an award stay in Egypt. The property is still there, but no dot for me. Other properties like Arabella Western Cape and LM Grand Pacific are but a memory.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: UA GS MM SPG Platinum (Lifetime Platinum)
Any concerns that the LT Plat will go away with the full loyalty program merger? I hit LT Plat next year. I'm well over the nights but need my 10th year...
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CashN
Any concerns that the LT Plat will go away with the full loyalty program merger? I hit LT Plat next year. I'm well over the nights but need my 10th year...
No - but I could see them making 1,000 nights the new standard going forward for those of us not yet there.

I'm in the same boat - next year will be my 9th year. If I were you, I'd do 25 stays in in Jan 2018 to try and beat this ever-delayed program merge announcement
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Yes. Go away completely, probably not. Change the requirement parameter, probably yes. No one knows what Marriott is planning to do.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I'm in the same boat - next year will be my 9th year. If I were you, I'd do 25 stays in in Jan 2018 to try and beat this ever-delayed program merge announcement
I'm 9 years Plat and next year should be my 10th. And this is exactly what I plan to do, triple up on stays per night. 3 stays × 8 nights, alternating properities in Bogota where it is easy to find cheap BRG rates
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA GS MM SPG Platinum (Lifetime Platinum)
No - but I could see them making 1,000 nights the new standard going forward for those of us not yet there.

Man if they doubled it to 1K nights I'd be pissed. Doesn't Marriott give like 13 stays a night with the CC plus all the dilluted promitions?

Im scared, my whole goal in life was to hit lifetime Plat. Kinda sorta
Old Jul 1, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Also my 10th year in 2018.In January staying in Bangkok.Usually always at the SGS but then SGS/Westin/SGS etc so 6 stays.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Absolutely. They could announce any time that the merge will honor their SPG LTP obligations. But they haven't.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Man if they doubled it to 1K nights I'd be pissed. Doesn't Marriott give like 13 stays a night with the CC plus all the dilluted promitions?
Marriott LTP is 750 nights currently
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Marriott LTP is 750 nights currently
Hmmm I wonder the percentage of MR LT nights that are "butt in bed" nights among their LT PLTs ....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.