Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:03 pm

So as expected my SNA for my one night stay at Four Points Brisbane was denied. 2 of the 3 suites are available to book less than 24hrs before what was to be my check in.

I decided to cancel and booked the Hilton I’ve started my Hhonors Diamond challenge so will credit 1 night towards the 8.

Its a shame to miss out on some Starpoints but Hilton Diamond will open up so much more possibilities on an upcoming Europe trip.

Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Croupier
So as expected my SNA for my one night stay at Four Points Brisbane was denied. 2 of the 3 suites are available to book less than 24hrs before what was to be my check in.

I decided to cancel and booked the Hilton I’ve started my Hhonors Diamond challenge so will credit 1 night towards the 8.

Its a shame to miss out on some Starpoints but Hilton Diamond will open up so much more possibilities on an upcoming Europe trip.

Unfortunately the web does not show what is in the SNA pool AND does not even represent what the property actually has available. It does show what they are willing to sell and may very well be expecting some will cancel or no show. If they are good at their revenue management, the risk of having to walk/downgrade someone is minimal. Only the property knows what they actually have to give out as upgrades. Short of out-right lying, I want to believe they will deal honestly with me. If I feel differently then they won't be getting my business and suffer the wrath of my reviews! hehehe
Old Dec 21, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I'd assume that you will lose 3 SNAs from bucket A and 1 SNA from bucket B...but I would be interested to learn if that's true.

It would be a very nice gesture if SPG allowed you to use all 4 of your 6 SNAs from bucket A, but I assume that might require you to have at least SPG Plat100 status to get that pushed through (and even then it might not be allowed).

Do tell what you learn! Here's hoping the Lurkers will share what happens.

Have a great stay and happy NYE!

3 SNAs were removed from the 2016 bucket.

1 SNA was removed from the 2017 bucket.

SNA already confirmed at the Westin New Orleans for a River suite, which is a 1,600 Sqft room!!

this is super cool given the dates Dec 29 - Jan 2 in NOLA!
bhrubin and Croupier like this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
Having trouble applying SNAs online for the past two days - keep getting looped through the sign in page, despite already being signed in.

I know this has been an issue in the past, but was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as well. Worst case (I know) I'll call in.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I will be sitting at 49 nights when I check out of my current stay, and could easily do a 50th stay for cheap on cash and points. My question is whether I really care about getting the suite nights certs.

I’ve been platinum since I joined SPG, and once had access to these sweet night upgrades via a relative who owned a Starwood property and my experience was I usually made out any better than whatever upgrade I would get at check-in. I also was a diamond with the Hyatt program for a number of years and was really impressed with my experiences using sweet upgrades in that program.

Is the strategy here to use these at highly targeted properties, where you know there is a more impressive suite and you want to bank on availability of that as opposed to waiting until check-in?

Last edited by stephem; Dec 24, 2017 at 8:52 am
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
If you can get a room cheaply then yes it is worth it. You can also select a free night certificate which Im sure you could use next year at less than the cost of one nights stay. Suite nights are obviously best on a holiday but the success depends on where you travel to and what is the time of year and only you can determine whether they will benefit you or not.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Have a quick question using SNAs.

I am booked at the Westin Phoenix - decided to use SNAs since I have 10 and noticed that this property requires 2 SNAs to get upgraded.
Is this a recent policy change across SPG or is the use of 2x SNAs just specific to this property?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:59 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by kxc262
Have a quick question using SNAs.

I am booked at the Westin Phoenix - decided to use SNAs since I have 10 and noticed that this property requires 2 SNAs to get upgraded.
Is this a recent policy change across SPG or is the use of 2x SNAs just specific to this property?
You need one SNA for every night of your stay. You must have a 2 night stay.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bhrubin
You need one SNA for every night of your stay. You must have a 2 night stay.
Okay that makes sense. Yep I have a 2 night stay. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Any chance of extending 5 expiring upgrades by a few months? Tried using them repeatedly but to no avail.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
No...
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:55 pm

Hi -

I just hit SPG50. I got the email. Do I have to make a selection by year-end? Can SNAs be used with free night stays or C+P stays?

Many thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:12 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I just hit SPG50. I got the email. Do I have to make a selection by year-end? Can SNAs be used with free night stays or C+P stays?

Many thanks.
Yes, SNAs can be used with award nights and with C+P stays, too.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Hi -

Many thanks.
SNAs can be used with free nights and C&Ps.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I just hit SPG50. I got the email. Do I have to make a selection by year-end?
I just hit 50 nights and got the email too. If you click the link in the email and sign in:

https://www.spgpromos.com/50nightsbenefit/benefits/

The Terms and Conditions block notes: "If a Platinum 50 Nights Benefit earned during the 2017 Qualifying Period is not selected by January 15, 2018, 10 Suite Night Awards™ will automatically be deposited into the applicable Platinum Preferred Guest SPG Member account as the Member’s Platinum 50 Nights Benefit"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.