Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Platinum upgrade Successes 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP-6MM; Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Always have booked the lowest priced room....

Westin Palace Madrid- huge two room corner suite

Le Meridian Barcelona- two room corner suite with balcony overlooking Las Ramblas

Westin Diplomat- two room corner suite 31st floor

W New Orleans- marvelous suite

Hoping for the same kind of love in 2013 with trips planned to St. Regis Florence and Hotel Eden in Rome!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Le Meridien Taipei - got upgraded to Junior Suite With 101 view for a two-night stay in Jan. Nice property with good service.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
One-bedroom premium suite at Westin Napa on a Monday in January. The agent stressed that it was a premium one-bedroom, which apparently is slightly larger than the one-bedroom suite we've been upgraded to before...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng

Sheraton Beijing Dongcheng - One bedroom executive suite in this relatively new property with access to the Club Lounge on the 25th floor. Included a welcome letter, fruit plate and teddy bear. ^ Location notwithstanding, it's going to be hard to pry me out of this room for the sake of hotel hopping!

Edited to add pics of the suite:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e04/PEK108.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e04/PEK109.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e04/PEK112.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e04/PEK113.jpg

Last edited by N751PR; Feb 6, 2012 at 1:00 am
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Sheraton City Centre Indianapolis

Not the most aspirational property, but nonetheless...

Booked 2 rooms on points, both upgraded to suites. Separate living room with pull-out sofa and kitchenette.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Sheraton Pasadena. Upgraded to Junior Suite with separate sitting room and a view of old people doing tai chi in the morning.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:54 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by azeckel
Sheraton Pasadena. Upgraded to Junior Suite with separate sitting room and a view of old people doing tai chi in the morning.
Glad someone else finally got one of these! I was told pretty definitively by another FT'er that they did not exist and I was beginning to think maybe I WAS crazy...
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:10 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
So it is true, then there might be only one.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
Upgrade

Presidential suite at Westin Columbus
Large executive suite at westin STL
1 bedroom suite with balcony at Westin Imagine Orlando
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
So it is true, then there might be only one.
FWIW I will be requesting a room on the "club floor" (which is strangely only half an actually floor..) on subsequent stays here. The jr suite I was in was 272 clear at the end of the 2nd floor. I found it to be extremely noisy from traffic outside and people inside, including someone banging on the door at the end of the hall from the outside at 4am. The room is unnecessarily large, and the love seat and chairs in the sitting area aren't worth that much to me. The bathroom is proportionally very small.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Sheraton Imperial, KL

Booked Deluxe room on a promo rate, upgraded to a high & club floor Deluxe Suite. 1 bedroom with a living room.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
booked cheap corporate rate at the four points by sheraton, pune & got an upgrade to a one bedroom suite....
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
booked an aloft room at the aloft bengaluru & got an upgrade to a splash room....not quite sure though if there is any difference between the 2 but the room is spacious & nice so no complaints....
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Sheraton Cerritos

Junior Suite - corner of the hotel, most oddly-shaped room I think I've ever stayed in (but spacious)
Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

back at the four points by sheraton, pune for one more night....booked cheap corporate rate & got an upgrade to a one bedroom apartment....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.