Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Platinum upgrade Successes 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:13 pm

Sheraton On The Park , Sydney

Booked a one night stay last week on points (12,000) upgraded to a Terrace Suite on the 17th Floor (1722) with twin balconies. Very interesting layout, comfortable and quiet.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
The Chatwal, New York

Booked a Superior, upgraded to a king size one bedroom suite!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by tlott
Booked cheapest room, upgraded to 1 of 3 suites. Previous guest did late checkout, so I was given another room for the day when I checked in at 10 AM. Great 4P property.
i really like this four points....i've got a suite here on every single one of my 20+ stays....^^
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok

Prepaid low rate, upgraded to Exec Suite. Great hotel.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 9:51 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Sheraton Los Angeles

Booked standard. Upgraded to Junior Suite. (On their own, while I was doing check-in, they offered me about 5 different options for upgrade - this was due in part to high effort and in part due to the fact that there were good/bad about each option - for example, junior suites in this particular hotel are "wrapped around" the elevator shaft - I don't mind, but some people are bothered by the noise of the elevator -- and rooms on the 23rd floor are exposed to the sun and don't cool down well -- and some of the best upgrades (in room size) were "roll-in shower" which I don't ever accept -- and I know all of this because they discussed each option, in detail, which I really appreciated)
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Westin Buckhead (Atlanta) - pre-upgraded to Club Floor, then upon request at check-in, upgraded to full suite.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
W Barcelona - booked Cozy Room; upgraded to Cool Corner Suite - stunning room
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Four Points Galveston, TX - Booked Traditional Room; upgraded to Studio Suite.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Westin Tokyo, upgraded to one bedroom suite for a two nights stay in mid Jan, 12. Nice spacious suite with good open city view.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
Westin Excelsior Roma, Italy

Westin Excelsior Roma, January 2012.
Booked Deluxe Single. Upgraded to Grand Luxe Suite King (with giant living room).
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by pieterde
Westin Excelsior Roma, January 2012.
Booked Deluxe Single. Upgraded to Grand Luxe Suite King (with giant living room).
Corner Suite 6th floor?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Corner Suite 6th floor?
No, that was last time

This time I was on the 4th floor on the back. Sans balcony, sans view on Via Veneto, but probably a bit quieter. Still very nice ^
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:14 pm

Westin St. Francis - San Francisco

Booked a standard room. Upgraded to the Bridgeview Suite AND they gave me the adjoining room as well.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Big suite at the South Beach W this week And a good thing, as I waited at check-in for 15 minutes to "make sure the room was ready" - at 9pm!

I counted seating for 25, two bathrooms, and a shower on the balcony along with lounge chairs and a table for 4. I'm not sure why I'd be washing off beach sand on the 6th floor. But I did test it, and it did work.

I spent a total of maybe 15 minutes outside of the bed/bathroom/shower.

We could have save the entire rental in the conference center and just met in my room
Old Jan 25, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: Spg
upgrade

i has my upgrade on my 35 stay our of 41 stay last year from deluxe room to suite room and the hotel staff in VIP lounge are able to memorize my nmae..that cool..
i still have 520000 points balanced;_0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.