Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG 'Better by the Night' Promotion - pre-launch discussion and speculation thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG 'Better by the Night' Promotion - pre-launch discussion and speculation thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:43 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by chillinthemost
Good choice!
What? You didn't like my snarky comment in the post above that one?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
This promo doesn't work for me, I will four weeks in SIN in Feb. I will moved those nights to Hilton.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uxb
What? You didn't like my snarky comment in the post above that one?
I gotta ask...is the link live yet?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 4:57 pm
uxb

You're asking now after I had the mod change the thread title?

Well, to answer your question:

The link should be live, but this depends on tidal forces, the existence of Santa Claus and/or the presence of snow in Dubai.

Lemme know how that works out for you.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Trying to sign up but is still dead. What the heck
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:59 am
uxb

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Captain Obvious here to report that today is only 2 January. Seven more days until you can officially sign up.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
FYI:
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
For those of you who have not registered yet, check back on January 9, 2012 when registration officially opens. SPG.com/bythenight.

And, until January 9, we ask that you please avoid reposting the link to the registration page on any other communication channels (blogs, twitter, etc.). The page has been temporarily pulled down; thus, it will be a poor experience for those that you do send there that do try to register now but can’t because they are clicking on a re-posted, not live link.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by craigdv
I'm hoping Starwood would revise this promotion to include quadruple points for four-night stays...
And I'm hoping Starwood would revise this promotion to include something, anything, for single-night stays.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:32 pm

I have a 10 night stay coming up in SING, and 2 3 week stays coming up in Japan, A coworker also has the same schedule. We are both SPG Platinum members and have averaged about 100 nights over the past 6 years. Since this promo excludes all Asia properties and is even less appealing than last quarters promo, we have decided to move on and stay at the Marriott.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by BigEcho
I have a 10 night stay coming up in SING, and 2 3 week stays coming up in Japan, A coworker also has the same schedule. We are both SPG Platinum members and have averaged about 100 nights over the past 6 years. Since this promo excludes all Asia properties and is even less appealing than last quarters promo, we have decided to move on and stay at the Marriott.
i have a week long stay coming up in singapore as well....guess i won't have to compete with you & your coworker for an upgrade....so good for me....
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Originally Posted by Keyser
i have a week long stay coming up in singapore as well....guess i won't have to compete with you & your coworker for an upgrade....so good for me....
Despite your/mine/other's disappointment with lack of Asia/Pac participation in this promo; *You're keepin' it positive Keyser!

*Hopefully a pacesetter for the new year for all FT Starwood posters
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Barefootdr
Despite your/mine/other's disappointment with lack of Asia/Pac participation in this promo; *You're keepin' it positive Keyser!

*Hopefully a pacesetter for the new year for all FT Starwood posters
i'm definitely disappointed but at the end of the day i'll continue to stay at properties that treat me well & that are convenient to me in terms of location & price....promos are great but for me they have never been nor will ever be the deciding factor on where i stay....
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:16 pm

I also enjoy staying at the same properties that treat me well, which is why I will come back to SPG if they have a better promo during the second quarter, in the mean time I hope to enjoy my upgrades at the Marriott, as well as the free nights I will be earning
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by beltway
FYI:
I wish I had seen this post earlier! Just spent 15 minutes trying to register for something that doesn't exist right now.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:57 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by MDefl
I wish I had seen this post earlier! Just spent 15 minutes trying to register for something that doesn't exist right now.
So you missed the title of the thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.