Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae - SFO), CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft San Francisco Airport (Millbrae - SFO), CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some people prefer high floors and/or airport views. There are also differences in distance to elevators and distance from vending and ice machine noise.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by betterbydesign
Just had a 1 night stay and have to echo the earlier review:
-Not exactly a typical aloft buildout, but still looks/feels like one
-Extremely welcoming/responsive staff
-Surprisingly good bar/lounge for a "budget" hotel (halfway decent live music on a Wednesday evening!
-Very convenient shuttle service to SFO
-InNOut burgers, Panera across the freeway

Overall, decent for the price, and a nice alternative to the somewhat tired out Westin next door.
Similar for me though I wasn't traveling by air, I had stuff to do in SF earlier in the day and then Palo Alto in the morning so the price was right for Aloft.
It was my first time staying at one of these, I had stayed at The Westin next door before.

I opted for Keyless Check In because I wanted to request an early check in and I figured if I could get in early it would notify me. It did at 1:30pm. Some of my plans changed so I ended up not going midday and just getting there around 8pm.
I noticed on the app that my key had been deactivated and to see the front desk. I thought maybe since it was the stay I turned Gold there was something with that? Wasn't the case, the guy had no idea why either.

-Pretty good sized room
-Big and very comfortable bed
-Shower only, no tub
-Was on the side facing the road/airport so you could hear the comings and goings of SFO
-The morning cafe thing downstairs had one person making the hot food for people so I opted for some cereal and fruit.
-Will probably stay here again vs. The Westin next door
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Can anyone with recent stays here comment on the Plat breakfast offering? No info on the Plat breakfast thread...
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Staying here one night this month. I've request a garden facing room. Any other suggestions on specific room locations to ask for? And I've seen references to taking an overpass when walking to In 'n Out. Any directions on the best walking route? Is it just a matter of walking down Millbrae or is there a back way?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Finkface
And I've seen references to taking an overpass when walking to In 'n Out. Any directions on the best walking route? Is it just a matter of walking down Millbrae or is there a back way?
You'll cross over 101 but it's just on the other side of the highway, pretty much a straight line. Just be watchful for cars when crossing the on/off-ramps.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Zorak
You'll cross over 101 but it's just on the other side of the highway, pretty much a straight line. Just be watchful for cars when crossing the on/off-ramps.
Great, thanks.
Old May 4, 2017, 6:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
I've stay coming up here in August, but my incoming flight lands stupid early (~6am). Has anyone without Your24 had any luck with a morning check-in here?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:09 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Stayed here a week ago Friday. Shuttle from airport was right on time and we were first in line to checkin. Check in was painless, and the clerk gave us b'fast vouchers since "it was our first time at an Aloft", which was very nice. He also confirmed the shuttle wouldn't take us anywhere but the airport, but that we should ask the morning desk clerk for directions to the Millbrae BART station.

B'fast was good, decent menu to order items from, and the morning desk clerk gave us easy to follow walking directions to the BART station. About a 12-15 minute walk on paved sidewalks with one big street to cross (with a crosswalk and lights). Saved $4-5/person on BART fare by not getting on at the airport stop.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:54 pm

Stayed for a night over the weekend before a flight out of SFO. Check in was very quick - there wasn't any line and it took less than 3 minutes to get our keys and head up to the room. Status was recognized at check in. I booked a base level king room and was upgraded at check in to a suite. I think suites are a new thing at this property - I don't remember there being suites before. The suite was pretty decently sized, with a seating area with a chair and a large sofa. Not a separated living room with a wall or anything, but still nice to have some extra space. Even with the parking fee, I like this hotel more than the Westin and Four Points that is in the area. In-N-Out is about .3 miles away across the overpass, which was nice for a quick bite before flying out.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
He also confirmed the shuttle wouldn't take us anywhere but the airport
We were there in September, and they had a shuttle to Millbrae BART, though with very limited hours and frequency.

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
I like this hotel more than the Westin and Four Points that is in the area.
Neither the Aloft nor the Westin are anything special, but the Four Points SFO is probably the worst hotel in the system.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The BART/Caltrain station is very walkable too (just a smidge over half a mile) depending on conditions, bags etc.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Neither the Aloft nor the Westin are anything special, but the Four Points SFO is probably the worst hotel in the system.
4P LEX should at least be in that conversation
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Stayed there 2 weeks ago and couldn’t find a pen nor note pad in the room.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:51 pm

Nothing special, but it is the best Starwood option near SFO. Four Points was my least favorite out of the three. It had some strange odor from the AC when I stayed there and the doors had issues shutting without a tug to shut them.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Stayed there 2 weeks ago and couldn’t find a pen nor note pad in the room.
I seem to recall that they have pencils (unless I'm mixing it up with another hotel).

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Nothing special, but it is the best Starwood option near SFO.
Certainly the most affordable. We'll be back in June.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Certainly the most affordable.
It's often priced very similarly to the Westin next door, and sometimes a little more expensive. Given the latter's better Plat breakfast amenity (and being nearer to New England Lobster), I tend to prefer it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.