Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:36 am

I agree that FHR is usually excellent value for money, and I would always try to book it as long as the rate difference is not excessive, especially if I don't hold a top tier with the program. When I lose my Hyatt status next year, I would imagine that any Hyatt stay will be booked through FHR/Virtuoso, for example.

But for an SPG Plat, I do wonder how much additional benefits you will get through FHR at this property, as the benefits are equal or better other than the spa credit. 500 points are "worth" about 10-15USD so it's a no-brainer to take breakfast if not otherwise included. One thing I guess is that 4pm check-out is not guaranteed for SPG Plats at resort properties, but is a guaranteed benefit through FHR.

PS. Looks like Abu Dhabi hit a home run with the Louvre! Looking forward to visiting soon.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I am thinking to stay here and visit the just opened Abu Dhabi Louvre after seeing @JohnRain's beautiful pictures of the museum. I am a plat. Can I expect a water view on a mid week stay (not during the yearend holidays)? What does the hotel offer plats if breakfast is chosen as the amenity?

We are great fans of the Avasa Indian Kitchen in the adjacent shopping complex. It has probably been two years since we have eaten there. Is it still good?
IME it depends a bit. I have been 3 times to this resort. First stay was shortly after opening and I was not really impressed. I was Gold at the time.

Second stay was 5 nights in February 2016. Platinum upgrade to a gorgeous 1 BR-suite, sea front. IIRC they call this "ocean suites" and there are only 4 if I am not mistaken. Butler service was fantastic and we got all sort of extra amenities (welcome gift, extra cookies and chocolates and my children even got a farewell gift from the butler team). Fantastic stay and even if the size of this resort is not what some would call true luxurious, our stay definitely was top notch.

Last time was a short 1 night, because of an overnight layover. Platinum upgrade to a junior suite with limited sea view. The stay was just ok, nothing special.

What I really liked about this property: butler service can be extremely good and they use Whatsapp. There's an adults only pool. The beach is gorgeous and very different from most UAE 5 star hotels (even the O&O's in Dubai and the likes).

I still have a contact e-mail from a senior front office agent. Send me a PM if you like me to look it up for you .
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:05 am

Oh and now that I think of it - since you mention "mid week stay": keep in mind that busy weekend nights in UAE are Thursday and Friday!

Last edited by Epicura; Nov 12, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by stargold
I agree that FHR is usually excellent value for money, and I would always try to book it as long as the rate difference is not excessive, especially if I don't hold a top tier with the program. When I lose my Hyatt status next year, I would imagine that any Hyatt stay will be booked through FHR/Virtuoso, for example.

But for an SPG Plat, I do wonder how much additional benefits you will get through FHR at this property, as the benefits are equal or better other than the spa credit. 500 points are "worth" about 10-15USD so it's a no-brainer to take breakfast if not otherwise included. One thing I guess is that 4pm check-out is not guaranteed for SPG Plats at resort properties, but is a guaranteed benefit through FHR.

PS. Looks like Abu Dhabi hit a home run with the Louvre! Looking forward to visiting soon.
I booked through FHR (Amex Cent) and I got the following (on every stay):
-200$ Food credit
-100$ Spa credit
-Guaranteed 4PM Check-out
-Upgrade at booking
-Full breakfast

I can highly recommend the Ocean Suites as they’re really gorgeous.
And of course the Louvre is amazing.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
I booked through FHR (Amex Cent) and I got the following (on every stay):
-200$ Food credit
-100$ Spa credit
-Guaranteed 4PM Check-out
-Upgrade at booking
-Full breakfast

I can highly recommend the Ocean Suites as they’re really gorgeous.
And of course the Louvre is amazing.
Seriously good benefits it seems .

I did not book through FHR and I don't think I missed much. My BRG discount was more than 300 USD resort credit .

IIRC I got the late check out without issues.

For a short stay (1-2 nights) the FHR is very tempting. Otherwise for a plat it's quite likely that a succesful BRG will result in a much better deal.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Epicura
Oh and now that I think of it - since you mention "mid week stay": keep in mind that busy weekend in UAE is Thursday and Friday!
The weekend in the ME is Friday and Saturday. KSA changed 4 years ago from T/F to F/S and the UAE was already on this like all other ME countries.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:05 pm

I meant weekend nights (versus mid week stay). But thanks for pointing out, I have edited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.