Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Pasadena or Sheraton Pasadena

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
Westin Pasadena or Sheraton Pasadena

My daughter and I are heading to Los Angeles to check out Occidental College. I thought Pasadena would be a good place to stay. Which location is better? We would like to walk to Old Town for the evening. We are gold, not expecting any upgrade, staying 2 nights .Are there club levels at either? Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:04 pm

Some good comparative discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

There is (or was, when last I stayed there) a Club Lounge at the Sheraton. Frankly, I prefer the location of the Sheraton with better bus service and closer to the Metro.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I stayed last month at the Sheraton Pasadena, you can find the review over at it's Master Thread.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Sheraton has a lounge, decent, not great. There is free beer and wine in the evenings. I rarely get upgraded at the Westin (many stays over a few years), so I stopped staying there a few years ago.

I'd recommend the Sheraton.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 9:45 am
Suspended

Although i like the rooms much better at the Westin, I usually choose the Sheraton. I'm just really not thrilled with the looks of sheratons in general with their gold/yellow/beige theme. Although both are walking distance to the old town, the sheraton is closer. There's a nice restaurant nearby, "The Luggage Room", that has, IMHO, great pizza. It was actually the luggage room for a stop on the old train line which is now the metro.

Last edited by BenSenise; Oct 30, 2011 at 10:59 am Reason: Spelling corr.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: United 1K MM; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Alaska 75K
Whichever is cheaper.

I like both and usually stay in whichever one is cheaper. The Sheraton is easier to walk to things and is in a great neighborhood. The Westin has a great outdoor area with fountains and places to sit outside. The Westin is nicer overall I'd say.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The Westin is "nicer" but the Sheraton is usually cheaper and wins my business for that reason. They treat me very nicely too, so can't see myself switching back to the Westin when I'm down there, even though I used to be a regular there many years ago.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:50 pm

I've stayed at both and I really don't have a preference other than price an/or the reason I'm there. If I'm in Pasadena for something at the convention center I stay at the Sheraton. If I'm there for something other than the convention center then it basically comes down to price for me. From time to time I change that up just for a little variety.

The good thing though is that they are both close to my favorite Italian Restaurant in the area: Celestino at 141 Lake St.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
The Westin has CPK resto right next to it and a great breakfast place called Marston's within walking distance at 151 E. Walnut st. I've been upgraded to the corner room 2 out of the 4 times I've stayed there. The Sheraton is about two blocks closer to old town pasadena though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.