Go Back   > > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 16, 12, 7:18 am   #31
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Posts: 24,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdemander View Post
Wow. I must have missed this opening before. This is pretty clutch as all other Barcelona hotels are way too many points. This has really got me thinking about doing a weekend in BCN this summer. 3,000 points for a bed that I would use only for a few hours is awesome.
will be staying here towards the end of my spain holiday next year....compared to the 170 a night rate, 3k points a night is fantastic....
Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 12, 6:56 pm   #32
  
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 58
Help: Options from BCN Airport to Four Points Sheraton Diagonal Barcelona

Help: Options from BCN Airport to Four Points Sheraton Diagonal Barcelona:

Can someone please guide me in the options for me from BCN airport to the Four Points Diagonal Barcelona?
I am reaching about 7 45 pm and the return flight is early 7 00 am?

I read there is the airport shuttle but cant find any info on the website. Any information will be helpful.
psp007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 12, 8:08 pm   #33
  
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 33
Help: Options from BCN Airport to Four Points Sheraton Diagonal Barcelona

Hi PSP, we stayed at Four Points by Sheraton in Barcelona this past April. We did inquire about the shuttle as stated on the website but we were told there were none. We took a cab which was fairly easy both ways. At the hotel, there are usually cabs waiting at the front or the doorman can hail one for you. The travel time was around 30 mins and we paid about 25-30 Euros depending on traffic. This was a great stay for us using our SPG points. Everyone was so friendly. Hope this helps
jjcapule80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 12, 2:00 pm   #34
Original Poster
  
Join Date: May 1998
Location: australia
Posts: 4,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by psp007 View Post
Any information will be helpful.
The master thread on the property includes detailed info on various transport options - that might be a good place to start.
3544quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 12, 2:20 pm   #35
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
  
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 68,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
The master thread on the property includes detailed info on various transport options - that might be a good place to start.
Many hotels also post such details on their own website or you can email or phone the concierge in advance.
MSPeconomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 12, 7:14 pm   #36
  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm (but not acknowledged), SPG PLT, Marriott Elite PLT
Posts: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by psp007 View Post
Help: Options from BCN Airport to Four Points Sheraton Diagonal Barcelona:

Can someone please guide me in the options for me from BCN airport to the Four Points Diagonal Barcelona?
I am reaching about 7 45 pm and the return flight is early 7 00 am?

I read there is the airport shuttle but cant find any info on the website. Any information will be helpful.
Hello PSP, my wife and I took a cab from BCN to the nearby (to the 4Pts Sheraton) on a Sunday morning in July. Cost about 30 Euros or so, and it's pretty much a freeway to the limited access parkway along the sea. Well worth it.

Alternatively, you can take the Airport train (not sure what terminal you arriving into at BCN) to Sants Estacio station. Then take the metro (purple line) and change to the yellow line to Mar Diaganol station - look at the very excellent metro map for the exact connection stations.

I caution you on the public transport option. My wife and I used the metro all four days we were in Barcelona. Excellent system, fast, efficient and I felt safe even late at night when we were travelling light. However, we took the metro to Sants Estacio where we picked up the AVE to Madrid. We had our luggage, backpacks etc. and I was targeted for pickpocketing (and they won - four people working together, two for the distraction, two for the actual pickpocketing). If you are arriving with luggage, at mid-day, you may be targeted. But then again you might not. We heard plenty of pick pocketing stories while we in Spain for two weeks.

So, if you are on a really tight budget, watch it, use the money belt, etc. If you are not, and have flown on an overnight from North or South America, do yourself a favor and take the car service. We wish we had.
george 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 12, 8:14 am   #37
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 21,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by george 3 View Post
Hello PSP, my wife and I took a cab from BCN to the nearby (to the 4Pts Sheraton) on a Sunday morning in July. Cost about 30 Euros or so, and it's pretty much a freeway to the limited access parkway along the sea. Well worth it.

Alternatively, you can take the Airport train (not sure what terminal you arriving into at BCN) to Sants Estacio station. Then take the metro (purple line) and change to the yellow line to Mar Diaganol station - look at the very excellent metro map for the exact connection stations.

I caution you on the public transport option. My wife and I used the metro all four days we were in Barcelona. Excellent system, fast, efficient and I felt safe even late at night when we were travelling light. However, we took the metro to Sants Estacio where we picked up the AVE to Madrid. We had our luggage, backpacks etc. and I was targeted for pickpocketing (and they won - four people working together, two for the distraction, two for the actual pickpocketing). If you are arriving with luggage, at mid-day, you may be targeted. But then again you might not. We heard plenty of pick pocketing stories while we in Spain for two weeks.

So, if you are on a really tight budget, watch it, use the money belt, etc. If you are not, and have flown on an overnight from North or South America, do yourself a favor and take the car service. We wish we had.
TG I never had any problems and that includes all places Ive been to and using public transport. However I usually will put my wallet and PP in the inside pocket of the casual jacket Im wearing and zipper it closed.

walking around with a wallet in ones back pocket that sticks out like a sore thumb is just begging for trouble. also having it in the inside pocket of a suit jacket wont do any good as unless it has a zipper you can close it with. Of cause the main pt is to. Never let down your guard and expect them to try and get your stuff, letting down your guard for a fwe moments can be enough for you to be the Loser
craz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 12, 7:28 pm   #38
  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm (but not acknowledged), SPG PLT, Marriott Elite PLT
Posts: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by craz View Post
TG I never had any problems and that includes all places Ive been to and using public transport. However I usually will put my wallet and PP in the inside pocket of the casual jacket Im wearing and zipper it closed.

walking around with a wallet in ones back pocket that sticks out like a sore thumb is just begging for trouble. also having it in the inside pocket of a suit jacket wont do any good as unless it has a zipper you can close it with. Of cause the main pt is to. Never let down your guard and expect them to try and get your stuff, letting down your guard for a fwe moments can be enough for you to be the Loser
I actually have a better way of storing my wallet now, however, in this instance, it was in my front pocket. My hand was protecting my work BB, not my wallet. Won't make that mistake again. We've done the public transport thing all across Italy, and in England and we will continue to do so in the future. Just differently in the future. I think the recession in Europe is really driving people (young and old) to this - we did stare down two others who looked like they were sizing us up in Madrid.
george 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 12, 9:07 am   #39
  
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tonbridge
Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,924
Just finished a 3 night stay on award points. It is great value at 3000-4000 points per night.
I think there was a comparison upthread to the nearby HI Express, while it is fair to say they are on a par, I would note that the bed was very comfortable at the Fourpoints, and also the WIFI is free and fast!
However the free breakfast at the HIE is obviously a plus compared to €12 at the Fourpoints (I didn't try it, the nearby bakeries got my money instead).

I was told I was upgraded as a Gold, but it wasn't to a corner room, so not sure if it was much of an upgrade other than a high floor.
britbronco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 12, 11:03 am   #40
  
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by george 3 View Post
I think the recession in Europe is really driving people (young and old) to this - we did stare down two others who looked like they were sizing us up in Madrid.
This has nothing to do with the recession. Even before the economy took a dive, there were some thriving tribes of pickpockets in Barcelona - most of them from North Africa or Eastern Europe. (I could name specific countries, but I'll keep it general. I of course don't mean that everyone from Eastern Europe or North Africa is a pickpocket... )
Koby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 12, 4:25 pm   #41
  
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: WI
Programs: SPG PLAT, AA PLAT, DL DM
Posts: 479
daily cost to park a car

Does anyone know how much it costs to park a car at this hotel?
jimcoddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 12, 4:29 pm   #42
Company Representative - Starwood
  
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: SPG Employee Level
Posts: 30,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcoddington View Post
Does anyone know how much it costs to park a car at this hotel?
Some heavy hints can be found here.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Social Media Specialist
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

spgchampion@starwoodhotels.com
Starwood Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 12, 12:05 pm   #43
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: check foursquare
Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia & MM, SPG Plat, Hyatt, AA, VX
Posts: 13,966
You don't need a car in Barcelona. Excellent public transport.

However, if you are driving to/from and have a car, that rate of 15 EUR is not bad at all for Barcelona.
itsaboutthejourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 12, 4:12 pm   #44
  
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: IAD
Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 2,728
Does anybody know what's going on in Barcelona September 24-26? The LM is sold out and the 4P doesn't have award nights available for those three nights. What's up? Is this related to La Merce? I just find it weird the place is booked up midweek, and not on the weekend.
DHAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 12, 6:38 pm   #45
  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YYJ
Posts: 1,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHAST View Post
Does anybody know what's going on in Barcelona September 24-26? The LM is sold out and the 4P doesn't have award nights available for those three nights. What's up? Is this related to La Merce? I just find it weird the place is booked up midweek, and not on the weekend.
september? 2013?
BenSenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top