Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Uninvited guest had a key to my room / I was given a key to an occupied room

Uninvited guest had a key to my room / I was given a key to an occupied room

Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jerry305
I wish to rant about a recent harrowing experience (2 experiences, really).

I'm sure this topic has already been initiated somewhere in the Starwood forums. Could someone please direct me to that thread?

Thanks kindly.
WHAT HOTEL? Please give pertinent details so someone else researching knows what may happen if they book this property!

Hotel Assigns Me to an Already-Occupied Room
They Let Another Guest in My Room! Compensation?
Uninvited Guest

Mayhaps these can be combined into one "Master Thread: Hotel Assigns Me to an Already-Occupied Room" thread

Last edited by KENNECTED; Feb 4, 2014 at 11:37 am
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:25 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Please name the hotel. It does no good to post this without naming the hotel to allow readers to choose to avoid it if they choose.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Was there anything good in the other person's room?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
I went to get rekeyed yesterday at the Aloft in Franklin,TN (late checkout though they had told me earlier it would not be necessary) and the clueless desk clerk gave me the key to another guest's room. Of course the key did not work in my door (room 629). I went back downstairs and the guy insisted that I was indeed in 412 and that I should try it again. What? I gave him my ID again and it finally got straightened out but it made me think twice about staying there again.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:17 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by jerry305
I wish to rant about a recent harrowing experience (2 experiences, really).

I'm sure this topic has already been initiated somewhere in the Starwood forums. Could someone please direct me to that thread?

Thanks kindly.
We have created this special consolidated thread especially for posting when you have been given keys to an already-occupied room, and when someone else is given a key to enter (uninvited) your room.

You are cleared to rant.

Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
We have created this special consolidated thread especially for posting when you have been given keys to an already-occupied room, and when someone else is given a key to enter (uninvited) your room.

You are cleared to rant.

Thanks! ^^^
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jchiguy1
I went to get rekeyed yesterday at the Aloft in Franklin,TN (late checkout though they had told me earlier it would not be necessary) and the clueless desk clerk gave me the key to another guest's room. Of course the key did not work in my door (room 629). I went back downstairs and the guy insisted that I was indeed in 412 and that I should try it again. What? I gave him my ID again and it finally got straightened out but it made me think twice about staying there again.
On checking two nights ago I got a key to a room that may have been occupied. (I backed out as soon as I saw a non-clean room, but did not venture in far enough to determine if someone was there.)

This was ALSO at an Aloft (SAT), so maybe this is an Aloft issue.

BTW, no compensation sought or offered. I considered it to be a harmless error since I was the one entering. I ALWAYS keep my door latched when I'm inside, ever since someone else got a room key and entered in my presence at HR SFO. I guess it's a HR issue too!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I had the same experience at CY Marriott in Sacramento 6-7yrs ago. Pretty sure the female intruder was there for work travel and found it quite shocking to see me there. In hindsight, I should have stopped doing jumping jacks and reached for the towel.

I went to scream at the bimbo working FD but 25y.o. myself ended up asking her out for a drink. Should have asked for points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.