Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Get ready for SPG®’s newest promotion, SPG Triple Up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get ready for SPG®’s newest promotion, SPG Triple Up

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by milesmuncher
Good stuff, except for the fact that the hotel I usually stay at when traveling for work is on the "Not Participating" list
Same here. There are about 6 hotels that I would stay at frequently and they're all on the list. Bad luck for me.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:21 pm

Can we have a list of hotels that are participating rather than those that aren't? Think that might be a shorter, easier list.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Boooma
Is this a Joke??

23 from 29 SPG-Hotels in Germany - "Non-Participating "
I was getting excited to sign my husband up for this promo for his first SPG stay without me on his own SPG account but he is going to a non-participating hotel in Germany.

854 participating properties? There are like 150 properties on the non-participating list!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Likewise. I've been hit by the non-compliance bug. . I'm revising my sentiment. I should be fine but a few properties - looking at you bonaventure, will get an email that they lost some business. Time to try the Sheraton LA

Last edited by envgeo; Aug 30, 2011 at 7:17 pm
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Even if part of the stay is Award and part is paid, the member will not receive bonus credits for any part of the stay.
Now that's one I've never seen before. So my stay in Wasington doesn't count twice - once for a non-participating property, and once for the C&P night.

Originally Posted by sent
854 participating properties?
"More than 875" according to the T&C.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, United 1K, Star Alliance Gold
Is this a Joke??

This promo does nothing for me. yuck! Would've been fine without all the non-participating.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Most San Diego properties are excluded as well... Only the Sheraton Symphony Suites appears to participate among those downtown.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:28 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Now that's one I've never seen before. So my stay in Wasington doesn't count twice - once for a non-participating property, and once for the C&P night.
You'll get triple points deducted from your account for that stay.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
This one works perfectly for me. Lots of Starwood nights in the last quarter (starting September 5); and all stays will be triples!!!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
I'm thankful for the potential to earn some additional Starpoints, but think the targeting of Thurs/Sun nights is disappointing and it is unclear to me how it drives revenue (I'm not going to add a night onto my typical Mon - Thurs trip just to get an extra ~1000 StarPoints).

Plus the long list of non-participating properties is kind of embarrassing (wasn't there a similarly long list with some of the promos last year)?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is this a Joke??

Most of my stays are in Germany.... This is just awfull... For me personally it is the worst SPG promo in a long time...

Also have stays coming up at Sheraton Prague, Grosvenor House, Dubai, Aloft Chapel Hill
and some more.... all excluded...

Last edited by thomas199023; Aug 26, 2011 at 3:02 pm
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
well that was easy 2 SPG hotels cancelled sent an email to manager telling them they are not participating in promotion so i will stay at another hotel.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
That's a long list of non-participating hotels!
you can say that again....

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
I think SPG should require all hotels to participate, or else leave the program.
i agree....this promo doesn't do much for me....the majority of my stays come from a handful of properties & a lot of them are not participating....
Old Aug 26, 2011, 3:02 pm
Suspended

OK since this is out time to move on...

What will be the next Promo from SPG, just kidding

so I have a couple reses next weekend but no go since its before 9/6 but then theres a since I booked them on Starpicks and the Hotels arent participating anyway

Doubt I'll register as by 9/6 I will have 24 Stays and most likely my 25th will be at 1 of the Hotels on the "Stay away from Us list we Dont want your biz or $$"
Old Aug 26, 2011, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by why fly
... sent an email to manager telling them they are not participating in promotion so i will stay at another hotel.
Exactly how to address this. Let them know that there's a cost to not participating. Anyone know how much Starwood charges the properties per point?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.