FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Get ready for SPG®’s newest promotion, SPG Triple Up (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1251975-get-ready-spg-newest-promotion-spg-triple-up.html)

Keyser Aug 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by schley (Post 17006425)
4 are seriously considering jumping ship to hilton

the words 'serious' & 'hilton' should not be used in the same sentence....:p

hh is becoming more of a joke everyday....

Keyser Aug 27, 2011 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer (Post 17007006)
Awesome? Huuuh... Laaaame.... :rolleyes:

Awesome would be one free night for each night. THAT would be AWESOME! :D

everyone has their own definition of awesome....i hate free night promos....you always have to use the nights in a particular period of time & that doesn't work for me....with points at least you can use them whenever you want....

Condition One Aug 27, 2011 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 17007338)
hh is becoming more of a joke everyday....

True, if you're a Diamond. But their Gold benefits are probably the best in the industry.

Zurich Flyer Aug 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by thomas199023 (Post 17001734)
Most of my stays are in Germany.... This is just awfull... :mad: For me personally it is the worst SPG promo in a long time...

Also have stays coming up at Sheraton Prague, Grosvenor House, Dubai, Aloft Chapel Hill
and some more.... :( all excluded...

Sherat on Prague is also on my wish list. Well, will go once more to the Hilton Prague

Zurich Flyer Aug 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 17007120)
Don't blame SPG, blame the German hotels. They have a habit of opting out.

Very true that the ARABELLA Sheratons (the Sheraton Davos belongs also to the Arabella Sheraton group) very often have their "special rules". I do blame Starwood because they accept this behaviour.

Keyser Aug 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Condition One (Post 17007361)
True, if you're a Diamond. But their Gold benefits are probably the best in the industry.

that's true....

mf66 Aug 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 17006399)
In short, yes.

Thanks. I added the extra night!

adisneyfan2 Aug 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Same here

The McDonald's near me just announced they will not sell Big Mac's and French Fries anymore, but they will keep the name 'McDonalds'.

RetiredRoadWarrior Aug 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 17007013)
Works for some people, doesn't work for others. Just like every promo.

True true.

Works for me. 31 nights thru promo, all are stays that qualify for 3x, so with Plat and AMEX, a nice 9x multiplier.

mf66 Aug 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 17007120)
Don't blame SPG, blame the German hotels. They have a habit of opting out.

"Don't mention the war". Basil Fawlty

gdemander Aug 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by vandalby (Post 17003586)
As far as the complaining on the non-participating properties. I was nailed with this last year at the same time when nearly all of SPG's New York City properties decided to not participate. That being said, this year's exclusion list didn't seem much longer than last year's. I'd be interested to know if anyone did a comparison.

You should have come and joined people at the lovely Sheraton midtown fourpoints. Such an amazing location and they were participating in the promo.

I was actually planning on comparing the non participating lists on Monday to see where it falls.

gdemander Aug 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by schley (Post 17006425)
for those keeping score at home:

Bahaha. Awesome.

KittyCat Aug 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Just confirming a lot of other posts I guess: bulk of my stays are in Germany, so in practice no promo at all in Q4.

Not too big a deal (there's really worse things in life/happening in the world). Only couple of stays away from Plat for next year so will make sure to qualify (promo or not). As I'm operating on a purely leisure basis, stays/nights really driven by promotional opportunities, so not going out of my way to rack up extra nights for this one (will consider Warsaw or Paris trip though, and get at least a bit out of the promo).

Oh well, such is life, hope for better luck next time. Can't really complain as managed to enjoy two great free resort nights from prior promo, still figuring out where to fit in two remaining ones before year-end.

pointy Aug 27, 2011 6:35 pm

throw me a frickin bone

margarita girl Aug 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Making my own promo!

3 nights coming up in Orlando and all properties are excluded.

So this is what I booked:

Sheraton MCO Downtown -- BRG approved at $59
WDW Swan -- BRG approved at $155
WDW Dolphin -- BRG approved at $138

6000 bonus points. Take that SPG! ;)

(Could have also had the Sheraton Vistana at $79 and the Sheraton Safari at $66.)