Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Amex & Facebook: $40 statement credit for $100 Sheraton spend, US cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Amex & Facebook: $40 statement credit for $100 Sheraton spend, US cards

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:51 am

The best way to contact someone is through the facebook page.

" If this timeframe elapses and the credit doesn't appear, please contact our Link, Like, Love Customer Service Department and they can assist you. You can submit your request by clicking the "Contact Us" link on the bottom of the page on Facebook."
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:58 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Jesperss
The best way to contact someone is through the facebook page.

" If this timeframe elapses and the credit doesn't appear, please contact our Link, Like, Love Customer Service Department and they can assist you. You can submit your request by clicking the "Contact Us" link on the bottom of the page on Facebook."
That is what I did... Still no resolution.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Just received the $40 statement credit for my Westin stay.
Contacted Amex customer service via secured email, and followed up about three times. Finally...
Old Aug 27, 2011, 5:22 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by uxb
That is what I did... Still no resolution.
I'm on the phone w/ AMEX right now, and I am still being denied. Their systems say any Sheraton or Westin property NATIONALLY. Their website says "any Sherton or Westin property in NORTH AMERICA" not once, but twice. Last time I checked, Canada was a part of North America, so my purchase w/ my US SPG card should have been valid.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by uxb
I'm on the phone w/ AMEX right now, and I am still being denied. Their systems say any Sheraton or Westin property NATIONALLY. Their website says "any Sherton or Westin property in NORTH AMERICA" not once, but twice. Last time I checked, Canada was a part of North America, so my purchase w/ my US SPG card should have been valid.
Yes. My Westin stay in question was in Canada. After a prolonged period they finally credited my statement. Good luck.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:45 pm

This is unbelievable! I'm now going thru the same Westin situation (Westin Mt Laurel). I called direct 2 AMEX in which a rep asked me if I'm sure that I signed up 4 the Westin. I replied of course & asked him 2 confirm that I am entitled 2 both bonuses of which he confirmed yes. I will call again in a few days.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:40 pm

Just solved my issue. The best thing to do is ask 4 a supervisor as soon as a rep answers ( and I did this @ 9:30pm-seems 2 make a diff). He gave me no problem & put me straight thru. The super. gave me no problem as well. Issued the credit & offered 1k pts amid expressing repeatedly how sorry she was that the new promo system wasn't working well. Even offered her ID #.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:04 am
uxb

Originally Posted by mommafrica
Just solved my issue. The best thing to do is ask 4 a supervisor as soon as a rep answers ( and I did this @ 9:30pm-seems 2 make a diff). He gave me no problem & put me straight thru. The super. gave me no problem as well. Issued the credit & offered 1k pts amid expressing repeatedly how sorry she was that the new promo system wasn't working well. Even offered her ID #.
Congrats! That was more than I got! I finally got my issue resolved, but only after I sent screen caps. So not doing this in the future. The aggravation was just not worth it.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by uxb
Congrats! That was more than I got! I finally got my issue resolved, but only after I sent screen caps. So not doing this in the future. The aggravation was just not worth it.
I'm trully glad that u resolved ur issue as well. Sheraton was neve a problem, just the Westin & the supervisor seemed 2 recognize this as if she had to solve many of these issues. +1 when u say that its not worth the problems.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:32 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by mommafrica
I'm trully glad that u resolved ur issue as well. Sheraton was neve a problem, just the Westin & the supervisor seemed 2 recognize this as if she had to solve many of these issues. +1 when u say that its not worth the problems.
Hah! Not one of the reps I spoke with knew what I was talking about, even when I named the programme. And none were willing to consider Canada as part of North America because the terms listed on their screen differed from the terms listed on FB. The supervisor that issued my credit was condescending, but eventually agreed with my assessment after explaining what "North America" meant and showing her screen caps as proof (as if she couldn't log on to FB herself). I know a higher up at AXP, so I gave him s*** for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.