Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know what happened to Westin Le Paradis in St. Lucia

Old Jul 16, 11, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines, starwood

Some years ago Westin was building a resort for its residences collection in St. Lucia. Obviously hard times hit and is not in SPG. I was just curious as to what happened . I come up with a dead end when I google it.
Old Jul 17, 11, 8:32 am

Le Paradis in St. Lucia

The Le Paradis at St. Lucia project being developed by a UK private developer, has been unable to secure financing to re-start the project after the failure of the original source of funding, the major bank in Turks and Caicos. The developer has lost Westin as a flag in the interim, however, Greg Norman golf and Troon golf management remain vigilant. The latest rumor is funding from US private equity sources is nearing closing within the next ninety days or so.
Old Jul 17, 11, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
Thanks for the info. I assumed it was something like that. We toyed with the idea of buying one....sure glad we didn't!
Old Jun 4, 12, 4:16 pm

Le Paradis St Lucia 2012

Any fellow owners in Le Paradis St Lucia - [email protected]
Old Apr 26, 13, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, SPG Platinum
Sadly we bought in

Yes, we purchased a unit and unfortunately lost a lot of $$$$$.

They way it works in St. Lucia is you put up the $ based upon completion criteria. As an example, 10% down, 25% more when foundation completes, 35% more when roof is complete, etc. We had 80% in, which is very heartbreaking.

We contact the contractor, Kierron Dolby, every 6 months or so, but the last contact we had, he sounded quite defeated. To date, additional financing has not been secured.
Old Jun 2, 13, 8:34 am

we are buyers there as well , I try to Chat Kierron every few months and i get the same story its close but no cigar or at least thats the Bull he is selling . I have been trying to get an owners group together to see what we can do about it , write me if you want to connect
Old Oct 21, 14, 10:35 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, SPG Platinum
code silent

Last interaction with Kierron was last December. He is a genuinely nice person and I like him personally, but this entire situation is just plain sad. Kierron was diagnosed with brain cancer in May 2013 and has been fighting for his life since. I've tried making contact with him for the last four months to no avail.
Old Oct 22, 14, 5:51 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
http://www.leparadisstlucia.com/cons...ate_condos.pdf

Search this Thread
Search Engine: