Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Starwood employee rates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
Did not sound like boasting to me, it's interesting to know.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
All that to say, your $69 F & F rate is simply irrelevant for most people on this forum, since it has nothing to do with brand loyalty, and but rather merely with affiliation.
This benefit may entice some to work for Starwood or even marry a Starwood employee
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:48 am

deleted

Last edited by kudroz; Oct 8, 2017 at 9:07 pm
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kudroz
Alright, all I need now is a database of single ladies working at Starwood! I could be saving a bundle by having a Starwood girlfriend
I'll have my sis get to work on that. Sorry guys, she's married.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A lot of jealousy being shown regarding your rate rather than anything else I would say.

Enjoy your bargain stay. ^
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: spg plat Hyatt diamond Marriot gold avis pres club national ex
Did not take it as a boast enjoy you're great rate
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:36 pm

I've stayed on Starhot rates and I've never been treated rudely or gotten a crappy room. We're glad to have the discount. Many starwood employees make minimum wage and wouldn't be able to step foot on a starwood property outside working there without it.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by stargirl
I've stayed on Starhot rates and I've never been treated rudely or gotten a crappy room. We're glad to have the discount. Many starwood employees make minimum wage and wouldn't be able to step foot on a starwood property outside working there without it.
Are you single?

Maybe we could set up an FT dating service....
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
Are you single?

Maybe we could set up an FT dating service....
haha...not me but I'm sure there's plenty of single girls working there. Just be real nice to your housekeeper next time...maybe there will be wedding bells and an employee discount in your future...lol
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:22 pm

haha...not me but I'm sure there's plenty of single girls working there. Just be real nice to your housekeeper next time...maybe there will be wedding bells and an employee discount in your future...lol
Not for me... lol... I married a Marriott employee! (Who did actually work for Starwood for a while).

Hmmm.... if I lived in Utah could I also marry an employee from Starwood, Hilton, IHG etc.... could be on to something here...
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Front desk clerks don't make the minimum wage, that's for sure!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by DCBob
What makes you say that, DC Bob?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: *gold, SPG Platinum, Amex Centurian, IHG Royal whatever, Emerald one world whatever
my take

I got a star friend rate for a w*stin property in Tokyo and it was decent. Not super great. Considering the low rates they have published at $225/night for BAR. the rate i got was anything crazy like the one the OP got. against the rack or whatever I mean. and to think i get no stay credits or points... actually made me think. FYI, the hotel is showing 70% occupancy so its not like they were super crowded either.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
A lot of jealousy being shown regarding your rate rather than anything else I would say.

Enjoy your bargain stay. ^
I did detect what I too thought was a bit of boasting, but to be fair people have posted their winning bid from PL as well at times, the difference being anyone can try and dup that PL rate while w/o the proper connections we cant dup the F&F rate

If I was the OP Id probably jump on that $69 rate as well, unless I needed the Stay credit and having been to SEA a few times this yr its anything but cheap for a Room DT

OP enjoy you can take the lightrail from SEA and get off at University and walk up (steep) couple of blocks (and hills) to the W, make sure to get a tkt or you will get 1, the last couple times they had checkers coming around, yrs ago it was an honor system till they realized no one was paying. Last time not only were they checking on the train but at the station as well as I was exiting
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:33 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by DCBob
When I worked Night Audit for a Marriott in California, I started at $11.25/hour, being a dollar premium over the regular starting day clerk pay of $10.25/hour (minimum wage in California is $8/hour). So over a two week period of pay (assuming 80 hours), a regular clerk would make $180 over minimum wage, barely enough to pay for a Sheraton in many locales, and certainly not enough for any of Starwood's higher tiered products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.