Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Charlotte Facebook page giving away 1,000 points for photo/reaching 50 "likes"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Charlotte Facebook page giving away 1,000 points for photo/reaching 50 "likes"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA EXP, Starwood Gold
If I didn't check here I would had missed that post to send the info...Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by milesmuncher
Just saw this come through from the Westin Charlotte on my FB News Feed, figured I'd post here as I'm sure many FTers aren't on FB all day long like me

"Thanks to everyone who entered our summer memories contest! Due to a facebook technicality, I am unable to direct message winners at this time. If your photo reached 50 likes, please email [email protected] and provide the following information NO LATER THAN Friday July 8th, 2011 in order to receive your points: 1.First and Last Name, 2.SPG #, 3.City, State, Country where you live."

I'm also going to provide a link to my pic, just in case.

I don't know if they ever posted detailed terms anywhere, but I wonder if the Country part at the end is going to end up nixing all the MNMF posts...
Do the T&C's state open to US residents only?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Do the T&C's state open to US residents only?
I didn't see detailed T&Cs anywhere - was just thinking that that (in addition to a somewhat under-the-radar post) might be a way they're trying to reduce the number of points they need to pay out.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 4:52 am

Did anyone get any reply after sending the email? I have not, nor have I seen the points. I assume the points will take a while but it would be nice to get some confirmation of the email as the deadline is today in case I need to resend.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 7:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
No confirmation here as well...
Old Jul 8, 2011, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Did anyone get any reply after sending the email? I have not, nor have I seen the points. I assume the points will take a while but it would be nice to get some confirmation of the email as the deadline is today in case I need to resend.
Nothing yet. I assume they're trying to sift through the emails and somehow determine whose picture is actually whose.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by thomas199023
No confirmation here as well...
Same here
Old Jul 8, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Didn't see anything regarding the # of photos an individual can post...hmm.

Oh, and the "Oia, Greece" shot by Erik is mine, just FYI.
just "liked" u!
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Maybe easy for you, but as a Facebook newbie, I don't even know how to find my photo much less edit the caption. Please help. Thanks.

Edit: It took a while, but I found mine and added FT in the caption. I'm currently at 44 likes, so I need just 6 more. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Richard
I can't even figure out how to upload my photo!
is the deal dead?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveller2
just "liked" u!
been on vacation! just now checked the entire thread on FT and realized that I missed the 1000 point boat at Starwood..... boo hoo
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

New update:

"Thank you to everyone who participat​ed in our contest! We value having you as a facebook fan and we will make sure to issue winners their points as soon as possible! If you have any questions,​ please email insider@we​stin.com and we will be sure to answer any questions you may have!"
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Sent the email, no response...
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:50 pm

Latest comment re: timing . . .

The Westin Charlotte It can take up to 2 weeks before points are credited. If in a couple of weeks you have not received your points, please let us know!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

New update:

"Thank you to everyone who participat​ed in our contest! We value having you as a facebook fan and we will make sure to issue winners their points as soon as possible! If you have any questions,​ please email insider@we​stin.com and we will be sure to answer any questions you may have!"
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How do they know our SPG number if we havent told them yet? Or is everyone supposed to email them? or are they going to guess our number based on our FB names??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.