Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Preferences pilot program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Platinum Preferences pilot program

Didn't see this posted anywhere but I recently got an email about this pilot program where Plat members can take a survey and select certain preferences (floor level, pillows, housekeeping time, favorite drink and snack etc) in all sounds like a nice addition to plat benefits.... unfortunately the website bombs out every time you hit "submit", at first I thought it was maybe their site didn't like my iPad browser but same result on my computer, that said when I clicked on the link from my other computer it had all my selections so seems like they took just lame to get an error on submission

Here's the list of hotels participating in the pilot:
Participating hotels:
- Aloft Charlotte Ballantyne
- Le Méridien Piccadilly, London
- Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
- Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel
- Sheraton Grand Sacramento
- Sheraton Lagos
- Sheraton Pasadena
- Sheraton Skyline Hotel,
London Heathrow
- Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort &
Spa, Phoenix
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
- The Westin Diplomat Resort &
Spa, Hollywood
- The Westin Grand Frankfurt
- The Westin Kierland Resort &
Spa, Scottsdale
- The Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago
- The Westin NY at Times Square
- The Westin Richmond
- The Westin St. Francis
- W Doha
- W Seattle
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I've stayed at three of these in the past month, and didn't get anything.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:34 pm
Suspended

I've stayed @ 8 of those.. only a couple with regularity mind you.. never heard about it.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I got the email on the 16th of June and it says the pilot is running through 31 Aug so perhaps it just started.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:17 pm

link to survey?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
link to survey?
its a personalized link
Old Jun 18, 2011, 3:53 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Exactly the same here.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Let's hope they execute this better than Marriott. Nice idea in theory but a poor choice if it raises expectations that go unmet.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: hyatt
stayed in charlotte, but never heard
Old Jun 18, 2011, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Been Platinum for 10+ years and I got nothing.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Hopefully these requests actually go somewhere other than the notes field in your reservation, perhaps a pop-up screen or a field agents actually see?

I have a couple of standing requests in my profile and when I ask why didn't I get them I'm told "oh, yeah I do see that now in the notes field"
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Hopefully these requests actually go somewhere other than the notes field in your reservation, perhaps a pop-up screen or a field agents actually see?

I have a couple of standing requests in my profile and when I ask why didn't I get them I'm told "oh, yeah I do see that now in the notes field"
I'll let you know tomorrow, one of them was pillow type so it'd be pretty easy to know straight away if they listened also it asked for favorite snack and beverage so if those are present that would also be a good sign.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:04 pm
Suspended

I love SPG but these types of initiatives are not Starwood's strong suit. YMMV.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

So checked in today, no mention was made about the "preference pilot" but I was on a high floor (as noted) and close to elevator. The room I was originally booked in had to be changed so wasn't surprised that the other items weren't there. Now a few hours after I checked in they just brought me the pillow type requested, as well as slippers (another preference option) so it appears as though it does work....I had kind of hoped to find the drink/snack I listed in the room as well but I had kind of figured that was a stretch goal.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
All I got was a rock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.