Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Preferences pilot program

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:25 pm

1. Would you prefer a room on a higher or a lower floor?

2. Do you prefer to be near to or away from the elevator?

3. If reserving one room, do you prefer a room without a connecting door?

4. What type of pillow would most enhance your sleep experience?

5. Do you need slippers to be placed in your room during your stay?

6. Would you like to have extra towels and / or pillows available in your room?

7. Would you enjoy having the morning newspaper delivered to your room?

8. What time is most convenient for our housekeeping staff to service your room?

9. If a hotel is participating in the Make a Green Choice program, would you be willing to forgo daily housekeeping in exchange for Starpoints® or a hotel voucher?

10. Please share your favorite beverages and snacks in case we are able to accomodate your preferences in your room. (seriously?!)
Old Aug 2, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Got the email inviting me to participate in the pilot program a while ago. I registered and filled out the questions. Just had a 3 night stay at the Westin Times Square in NYC that is a participating property and I can say that not a single thing was implemented on this stay. Overall useless and a waste of my time! I wonder if the hotel even knows about the program and if they do what they actually are TRYING to implement...on my stay it was nothing!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: Delta,United 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Sheraton Grand

I got the email prior to the start of the program. I was offered my preference of snack/beverage the first week, then saw nothing for the next two weeks. I got a follow up email to ask if I wanted to make changes and I have not noticed that I got anything special.

At this property I have been staying weekly since APR so it may be a function of the fact that they take great care of me and that any "additions" form this promo are not noticeable.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Sheraton Centre Toronto

Stayed there last week for the first time after completing the survey, and didn't notice anything different compared to my 15-ish earlier stays this year.

Actually on earlier stays I did once get some snacks, and once a letter from the GM thanking me for my repeated business. I'd rather have some upgrade consistency as frequently there isn't even a club floor room upgrade (not too mention a suite, never had one of those).
Old Aug 2, 2011, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Stayed at the Skyline twice during this trial so far and coming up for the 3rd before it ends and had no email nor any of my other noted preferences (after some 40+ stays there) met. I am not sure if this is a property problem or an issue with the trial.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
I have got this survey and worked good in one of the property.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Been Platinum for 10+ years and I got nothing.
Ditto
Old Aug 3, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by SC Alum
Ditto
Based on all the comments here from those that did get invited you didn't miss out on anything by not getting the invite. Actually you saved yourself 5 minutes of wasted time to fill out the request page.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by christianj
Based on all the comments here from those that did get invited you didn't miss out on anything by not getting the invite. Actually you saved yourself 5 minutes of wasted time to fill out the request page.
Oh, come on! It took me less than 30 seconds to answer the questions. I got the email today based on a stay I will have in 1 week at one of the participating properties. After breezing through the multiple choice questions (except drink and snack), I got this page:

Thank you for taking the time to share your preferences. We will do our best to ensure your stay is enjoyable and meets your specific needs.

I asked for foam pillows based on an allergy to feathers and a high floor without a connecting door near an elevator. If I get those plus my favorite beverage and snack, I will report back.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dfwflyguy
I have got this survey and worked good in one of the property.
Just what do you mean? Did they have your favorite beverage and snack waiting in your room?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:42 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I had signed up for this a month or so ago. Totally forgot about it until today when I got a follow-up survey. I've stayed at a few of the properties mentioned on the list. My last stay was at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort in Arizona. In my most recent stay, the programme was not mentioned at all and none of my requests were fulfilled. Then, thinking back, I realised that none of the properties fulfilled these requests. SPG is trying to take a page from the Hilton playbook, but in terms of success this pilot was a failure (at least for me).
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Let's hope they execute this better than Marriott. Nice idea in theory but a poor choice if it raises expectations that go unmet.
Agreed Hilton My way has been a bust. A lot of choices and sounds good on paper but does not work, since it is to many choices.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:09 pm
uxb

Originally Posted by troyintn
Agreed Hilton My way has been a bust. A lot of choices and sounds good on paper but does not work, since it is to many choices.
How so? Did Hilton not grant your choices? It has been my experience that all of my choices had been received without me saying a word. *wood asked me for my preferences in this pilot, and the participating properties didn't acknowledge them at all. If anything... We should hope that the roll out of this programme has a better execution than *wood's edict for 7-day/wk lounge access at Sheraton properties.

Last edited by uxb; Aug 14, 2011 at 8:15 pm
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:02 am
uxb

*bump*

As we approach the end of the year, does anyone else have any experiences in re: this programme? Or is it officially dead in the water?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.