FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Foursquare Unlocked Award night locations... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1227148-foursquare-unlocked-award-night-locations.html)

TheFlyingPapaya Jun 17, 2011 1:19 am

Foursquare Unlocked Award night locations...

"Check in for a chance to win Free Resort Night Awards
Every check in via foursquare through June 30, 2011, is also your chance to unlock a Free Resort Night Award hidden daily throughout some of our more than 1,000 hotels and resorts. And, with each foursquare check in through July 31, you'll be entered to win a resort getaway, including five Free Resort Night Awards and airfare."

Has anyone unlocked a free night award via foursquare? Please list date of stay and which property. I'm curious to know if anyone has gotten one yet.

1AAFlyer Jun 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Foursquare

Not me and I have checked into four Starwood properties

PPL Jon Jun 19, 2011 8:06 pm

I've checked in to 4 hotels. For one of the stays, the basic 250 points did not post properly. I have not unlocked diddly.

BenSenise Jun 19, 2011 8:53 pm

I've done 3 in NY, 1 in DC, 1 in YVR, and 4 in LA. All have posted but the C&P stays didn't until I wrote to SPG.

starpoint_galaxy Jun 19, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm one-for-one so far, with three in the pipeline.

Some reminders:

(1) Of course, must have a Foursquare account (obviously);

(2) Must have linked your SPG account and Foursquare account;

(3) Must have a confirmed reservation at the property;

(4) Much check-in with Foursquare using a mobile app only.

(5) Mobile app check in must be with the Foursquare entry that shows the "Special", normally an orange bar with "Special" written in it.

Hope this helps.

JFKSFOLAX_friend Jun 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by starpoint_galaxy (Post 16591075)
I'm one-for-one so far, with three in the pipeline.

Some reminders:

(1) Of course, must have a Foursquare account (obviously);

(2) Must have linked your SPG account and Foursquare account;

(3) Must have a confirmed reservation at the property;

(5) Mobile app check in must be with the Foursquare entry that shows the "Special", normally an orange bar with "Special" written in it.

Hope this helps.

Too difficult. I'll pass. ;)

Keyser Jun 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend (Post 16591128)

too bad....i just checked out of my 9th stay since this promo started....the first 8 have posted without any problems....that's 2k extra points....by the time this promo is over i should have earned over 7k bonus points....it takes 10 seconds per stay to check-in on foursquare on my phone....

RAPC Jun 20, 2011 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 16591347)
too bad....i just checked out of my 9th stay since this promo started....the first 8 have posted without any problems....that's 2k extra points....by the time this promo is over i should have earned over 7k bonus points....it takes 10 seconds per stay to check-in on foursquare on my phone....

Same experience I have had too. The bonus 250 points has posted a day or two after the stay has posted on each occasion. A nice easy few thousand bonus points for a few seconds of my time.

No sign of any bonus nights unlocking here though.

mtacchi Jun 20, 2011 3:18 am

This has been an issue twice, and neither of those 2 posted..

aussieinsf Jun 20, 2011 5:14 am

Works in Chad

I was fairly surprised to see that I could check in at Le Meridien N'Djamena in Chad. Let's see if the 250 points post.

starpoint_galaxy Jun 20, 2011 5:34 am

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend (Post 16591128)

This first time can be a bit "difficult", especially if not familiar with Foursquare and installing mobile apps on iPhones or Android :cool: points.

But... after getting the first one checked in, it is easy after that ^

bsdstone Jun 20, 2011 5:54 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingPapaya (Post 16576202)
"Check in for a chance to win Free Resort Night Awards
Every check in via foursquare through June 30, 2011, is also your chance to unlock a Free Resort Night Award hidden daily throughout some of our more than 1,000 hotels and resorts. And, with each foursquare check in through July 31, you'll be entered to win a resort getaway, including five Free Resort Night Awards and airfare."

Has anyone unlocked a free night award via foursquare? Please list date of stay and which property. I'm curious to know if anyone has gotten one yet.

I have 6 check ins, and haven't unlocked a free night yet...I'll keep trying.

starpoint_galaxy Jun 20, 2011 6:02 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone (Post 16592231)
I have 6 check ins, and haven't unlocked a free night yet...I'll keep trying.

If you "check in" at the location entry for the property that actually shows the "Special" (in the orange bar), it is unlocked automagically :-:

sent Jun 20, 2011 7:20 am

Originally Posted by starpoint_galaxy (Post 16591075)

Does an iPad on wifi count as a mobile app? Because I know my blackberry is going to fail when we go to Greece.

mahasamatman Jun 20, 2011 7:36 am

Originally Posted by starpoint_galaxy (Post 16592253)
If you "check in" at the location entry for the property that actually shows the "Special" (in the orange bar), it is unlocked automagically

The OP is referring to the scattered free nights, not the 250 bonus points.

Originally Posted by sent (Post 16592527)
Does an iPad on wifi count as a mobile app?

It should, but even the web app works for the bonus points (don't know about the free nights, though).