Luggage transfer between 2 Starwoods in DC?

Old Jun 11, 11, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Gold
Luggage transfer between 2 Starwoods in DC?

My wife and I will be at the Sheraton Crystal City, will attend an event on Capitol Hill and then head straight from Capitol Hill to check in at the Fairfax for two days. Since we can't bring our luggage to Capitol Hill...is there a way of avoiding a return trip to the Sheraton to pick it up and take it to the Fairfax where the hotel could send it for us?

I was even wondering if it was feasible to ask a taxi driver at the Sheraton to take it there for me in the morning, meaning he would have a fare without any passengers?
Old Jun 11, 11, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium/LTP (+UA Silver), National Exec Elite, mlife Noir
Why don't you stop at the Fairfax and drop the bags off in the morning before going to Capitol Hill?

I'm sure you could get a courier (google it) to do it but it would probably cost you $40+.
Old Jun 11, 11, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You could make arrangements through a car service, but it will be very expensive (DC car service likely $60 min). Easiest is to check out of the Sheraton with your bags, hop in a cab and have the cab swing by the Fairfax enroute Capitol Hill. Will add a few minutes and a few bucks to the ride, but less worry & fuss and definitely vastly less costly.
Old Jun 11, 11, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Gold
Unfortunately, I'm in a group travel situation where I can't breakaway and grab my own ride to Capitol Hill (via the Fairfax). I was hoping (okay, I was pretty much dreaming) that there was a more affordable way than a courier or car service. I think I'll likely just metro back to the Sheraton and then metro over to the Fairfax.

Thanks all for the feedback.
Old Jun 11, 11, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mtimmer View Post
My wife and I will be at the Sheraton Crystal City, will attend an event on Capitol Hill and then head straight from Capitol Hill to check in at the Fairfax for two days. Since we can't bring our luggage to Capitol Hill...is there a way of avoiding a return trip to the Sheraton to pick it up and take it to the Fairfax where the hotel could send it for us?

I was even wondering if it was feasible to ask a taxi driver at the Sheraton to take it there for me in the morning, meaning he would have a fare without any passengers?
This kind of service would be a dream come true for hotel hoppers!
Old Jun 12, 11, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by jdawg View Post
This kind of service would be a dream come true for hotel hoppers!
And it exists in most cities. It's just a luxury so it's ultra expensive. Other than OP's apparent need to stick with a group for the 10 min. ride from Arlington to DC, it can be done for $15-20.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: