Women falls out window at W Atlanta, dies.

Old May 28, 2011, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Women falls out window at W Atlanta, dies.

just read this on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/05/28/geo...ex.html?hpt=T2
Old May 28, 2011, 11:20 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
How awful! My thoughts go out to the women's families.

For some reason I always thought that the windows in htoels were shatterproofed and unable to be opened.
Old May 28, 2011, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ldsant
How awful! My thoughts go out to the women's families.

For some reason I always thought that the windows in htoels were shatterproofed and unable to be opened.
What a tragic nightmare
Old May 29, 2011, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
This is a horrible accident but just read the article.

"The pair were "play fighting" when they accidentally crashed through the window around 3:15 a.m., according to a preliminary investigation, said department spokesman Officer John Chafee. It was unclear Saturday where they landed".

Stupid is as stupid does. A couple of grown women grab-assing around, or were they really fighting and thats the story others are telling. Just wait for the ETOH results to come back.
Old May 29, 2011, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/one-...ll-960320.html

Ok, it seems like there may be more involved.

Per the article, "Police are investigating the fall as an accident, but Campos said that the homicide unit has been requested to assist with the death investigation".
Old May 29, 2011, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/one-...ll-960320.html

Ok, it seems like there may be more involved.

Per the article, "Police are investigating the fall as an accident, but Campos said that the homicide unit has been requested to assist with the death investigation".
OK I read the same article and reached the opposite conclusion, that it was exactly what they said it was.

Probably just a freak accident of how the two ladies hit the glass at just the right spots for it to shatter, or perhaps there already was a hairline crack or something in the glass that made it vulnerable.
Old May 29, 2011, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yankeeflyer
Probably just a freak accident of how the two ladies hit the glass at just the right spots for it to shatter, or perhaps there already was a hairline crack or something in the glass that made it vulnerable.
Needless to say, I am sure it was not designed to be tested by two women wrestling against it.
Old May 29, 2011, 3:40 pm

Staying here this weekend. Walked back to hotel around 345 am fri night to dozens of fire ambulence homicide investigation trucks. Couldn't get into hotel for a little while. Restaurants and lobby bar were closed until today. Tragic story. Nothing like having a van parked in front of your hotel tht reads "Atlanta bio clean death and crime scene clean up"

Needless to say everyone in hotel has been abuzz about it.
Old May 30, 2011, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
very sad....may she rest in peace....
Old May 30, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
From the UK's Daily Mail:
Critically-ill woman whose friend died after they plunged from balcony 'while play wrestling' is improving and aware of family
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL, CO, AA, SPG, HGP, HH
Still Supporting the W Midtown

I've been trolling for awhile but feel the need to join to comment and support one of my favorite hotels....

I'm staying at the W Midtown as I write this and am more inclined to stay here since reading about this story. This place doesn't deserve this attention brought on by two irresponsible people. In fact, they could shut some of these weekend trouble-makers out by increasing their rates on the weekends and it would do them good (and prevent wear and tear on the hotel). Same goes for several other W hotels I've stayed in previously. I think we'll hear more from the investigators on this one... this isn't over yet. That window damage is suspicious and the people connected with the incident have conflicting stories.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, CO, SPG gold, FL Elite
Originally Posted by KellyAnn76
I've been trolling for awhile but feel the need to join to comment and support one of my favorite hotels....

I'm staying at the W Midtown as I write this and am more inclined to stay here since reading about this story. This place doesn't deserve this attention brought on by two irresponsible people. In fact, they could shut some of these weekend trouble-makers out by increasing their rates on the weekends and it would do them good (and prevent wear and tear on the hotel). Same goes for several other W hotels I've stayed in previously. I think we'll hear more from the investigators on this one... this isn't over yet. That window damage is suspicious and the people connected with the incident have conflicting stories.
Kelly -- I absolutely agree with you. The rates are so cheap at this W, that it seems to attract such a "trouble-making" or [insert the Atlanta term] type of crowd. This hotel has gone down tremendously in the three years I have lived in Atlanta. W Buckhead also headed in the same direction, and don't get me started on Downtown. Unfortunately, it seems that you can't escape the "trouble-making" crowd in Atlanta.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KellyAnn76

Yes, there will be a lot more to this story. "Playfighting", give me a break.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:39 am

Angry Heartless

All those who are waiting to hear why this tragedy is some how the fault of the two young ladies are heartless. How can you consciously judge a situation which you didn't experience. It is being reported as a tragic accident besides when did two ladies playing around become a crime? Why is it that their character as females are coming into question? When you hear about a woman going into another country getting drunk and going missing you don't hear she should have been smarter. Is she considered the "typical slut"!!! When you hear about a tragic accident of someone falling off a boat and drowning do you wait to hear if the person was a typical ignorant young alcoholic playing around on the boat? To say the W should raise the price is to assume that they are low class individuals looking for trouble. I look forward to the day that judgmental, egregious, profligate .......s like yourself find yourself needing the help of those you look down on.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:43 am

you can escape...MOVE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.