Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED] PROMO: SPG Getaway Free (Earn May-July 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED] PROMO: SPG Getaway Free (Earn May-July 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by sent
That sounds pretty awesome for your family! For me as well, this promo was perfectly timed. I had to hotel hop a bit to earn it, but it saved me serious Euros at Le Meridien Nice this summer on a trip my husband put together with little thought to how we were going to pay for it. I also booked the rewards as soon as I earned them back in July. I did look ahead to the properties in driving distance (Poconos and Vermont) and was prepared to book a fall weekend there if Nice didn't work out for some reason.
This promo worked for us as well. We live in CA and had hoped to go to Napa for our 4 days. Totally booked for anything we asked for. So we looked around and decided to go for the gusto...Our 4 days became 4 days in Mallorca at a beautiful hotel up in the hills. We are here now. From our upgraded deluxe room at the Castillo Hotel Son Vida we can see the Bay of Palma. They gave us free drinks in the bar one night and a discount on a spa treatment too. What a lovely treat and we are tickled pink with how this promotion turned out. Thank you SPG.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:01 am

Programs: CX Gold, United Gold, BA Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Is there any chance i can pull of the following stunt to retain my free resort nights which expire Dec 21?

I am a regular guest at a resort which qualifies for this promotion.
Can i speak to the reservation agent at the hotel and ask her to book me using the free nights prior to Dec 21. I wouldn't stay on those dates but rather - i would ask the hotel to just give me a house credit for the nights for later use?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by truequant
Is there any chance i can pull of the following stunt to retain my free resort nights which expire Dec 21?

I am a regular guest at a resort which qualifies for this promotion.
Can i speak to the reservation agent at the hotel and ask her to book me using the free nights prior to Dec 21. I wouldn't stay on those dates but rather - i would ask the hotel to just give me a house credit for the nights for later use?

How can we know that? Why don't you ask at that specific hotel?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Executive, Marriott Gold, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
I called reservation last week with the same question, wanted to use the 3FRN code to redeem a night on the 22nd and possibly use points on the 23rd. I explicitly asked the CSR if that can be done, if the redeem data of 21st just means the book by date. He looked it up and replied that yes if I booked by the 21st i can use the 3FRN after the 21st. I didn’t book because wasn’t sure if I would use points for the additional night.

Come to today, there’s availability on the 22nd, so I call to book and the new CSR says sorry that cannot be done, I asked her to check with a manager and she comes back saying same thing, it has to be used by the 21st.

I am I SOL, or do I have a fighting chance cause the first CSR told me I could, are all interaction logged? “Redeem” is a tricky work in the email, cause if I book a room with points, the point are “redeemed” right then and there. If it was “stay must occur by” I could see their point.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:46 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
If "redeem" meant "book by", then you could, in theory, book today a room any time next year.

The Terms and Conditions of this offer read:

AWARD: Each Free Resort Night Award must be redeemed by calling the Customer Call Center and mentioning Award ID 3FRN. An earned Free Resort Night Award can be redeemed for a future stay in a standard room at over 200 Starwood resorts between May 6, 2011, and December 21, 2011, for any night of the week.
I don't think there's much ambiguity there.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Executive, Marriott Gold, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yah, my fault I guess, didnt look at the fine print , Should have booked with that agent then, probably wouldnt of gone through. Oh well, I didnt go TOO far out of the way to earn it
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by rtraveler
I have had no luck trying to use this award on a Fri/Sat night. I tried 3 different resorts with no luck. The funny thing is, they have plenty of rooms available on the website, but no standard rooms.

This is exactly why I am skeptical of promos where you can only use the award for a specific room for select group of hotels.
I take back what I said. I was able to get a room at one of the resorts in PA and it was amazing. It looks like they opened up some rooms at the last minute.

We loved it. I hope this promo comes back.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:58 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I hope this comes back next year. I liked the longer redemption period combined with the resort only usage. The 2010 plan with a shorter usage window but any cat 6 or below was great, but I prefer this years scheme.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by schley
I hope this comes back next year. I liked the longer redemption period combined with the resort only usage. The 2010 plan with a shorter usage window but any cat 6 or below was great, but I prefer this years scheme.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.