Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Singapore has some similar indoor air conditioned food courts (for example in the basement of the Raffles Center (?) shopping center across the big street from Raffles Hotel or in the basement of the shopping mall associated with Marina Bay Sands) in addition to the more traditional outdoor variety and a few stand alone vendors of street food. Sanitation standards seem to generally be enforced so that I would consider street food in Singapore to be safer than street food in the USA or even fast food in USA cities.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
People born and raised eating street food in a thailand (hygienic wise very different from Singapore) will naturally have different constitutions than those born in America and able to afford to stay in St Regis. I’d advise being extremely cautious tasting street food in thiaand. I would never eat it in china, Si galore is fine, Malaysia in the middle.

Street food.

Looks great. Smells great. Tastes great. But often has hygienic and safety issues. You can probably eat it once in a while without an issue but frequent or long term consumption is not recommended if you can afford other choices. Even excellent food in bkk is relatively cheap so eat there. Try street food once for the experience but...

We do do a lot investing w food sector and truly supply chains are scary - in that part of world it is comkmon to feed marine life sawdust on farms, especially shrimp, to fatten up.

Anyway perhaps we should go back on topic
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SHLTP
People born and raised eating street food in a thailand (hygienic wise very different from Singapore) will naturally have different constitutions than those born in America and able to afford to stay in St Regis.
Guilty. I like much of the street food here; but admit that my digestive system can't always handle it, particularly up in Udon Thani where I live.

Things are a bit better for me in Bangkok, and there are a few street food places I have patronized a number of times with no problems; so I keep going back. When I want to try someplace new, I make sure that someone more experienced than I is with me, usually Thai. That said, I have had good success when following dsquared37's advice on where and what to eat. When I've eaten out with him, he has reliably steered me away from problematical choices.
dsquared37 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:36 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Can we please bring this thread back on topic?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:25 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Sorry to derail the thread by actually talking about the hotel.

Checked in today for a five night stay and was upgraded from my Grande deluxe room to a Caroline Astor Suite. I think partly service recovery for some minor issues during my last stay but nevertheless very generous and much appreciated for a five night stay. Love the huge windows and expansive corner views.

The ever changing platinum drinks is now a voucher for a standard drink in the bar.
1readyset2go likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:43 am
kkl

Originally Posted by chad75
Sorry to derail the thread by actually talking about the hotel.

Checked in today for a five night stay and was upgraded from my Grande deluxe room to a Caroline Astor Suite. I think partly service recovery for some minor issues during my last stay but nevertheless very generous and much appreciated for a five night stay. Love the huge windows and expansive corner views.

The ever changing platinum drinks is now a voucher for a standard drink in the bar.
Wow huge upgrade especially for a 5 night stay.
Same experience on the platinum drink, did you manage to get more drinks with the voucher?

Or just 1 drink? the plate of nibbles is appreciated. love the JW Gold drink.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:01 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by kkl
Wow huge upgrade especially for a 5 night stay.
Same experience on the platinum drink, did you manage to get more drinks with the voucher?

Or just 1 drink? the plate of nibbles is appreciated. love the JW Gold drink.
Just the one drink was offered, but only wine, beer or soft drink/soda. I only used the voucher for a coke zero and paid for cocktails.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:36 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Correction to an earlier post on subsequent nights dealt with staff who knew what they were doing and have been presented with a drinks menu for the platinum drink. Pretty much identical to what use to be on offer when held at decanter.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Just the one drink was offered, but only wine, beer or soft drink/soda. I only used the voucher for a coke zero and paid for cocktails.
Absolutely ridiculous.

Based on your last post, has that been changed back to unlimited or still stuck at ONE drink?

I'm really not big on the St Regis anymore.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:42 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Absolutely ridiculous.

Based on your last post, has that been changed back to unlimited or still stuck at ONE drink?

I'm really not big on the St Regis anymore.
One drink per voucher. One voucher per guest per night.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:50 am
kkl

Yup that was my experience in my most recent stay in Sept
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Now I'm confused. Are we saying that Platinum guests now get:

a) One drink voucher (handed over when? at check in? how is it explained?) worth one drink per guest per night or

b) There is actually a Platinum drinks menu and freeflow drinks (for 90 minutes?) but you have to know to ask for it and find the correct bar person who knows that the benefit and the menu itself exists. In which case, what's the voucher for?

Thanks for clarifying.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:30 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Now I'm confused. Are we saying that Platinum guests now get:

a) One drink voucher (handed over when? at check in? how is it explained?) worth one drink per guest per night or

b) There is actually a Platinum drinks menu and freeflow drinks (for 90 minutes?) but you have to know to ask for it and find the correct bar person who knows that the benefit and the menu itself exists. In which case, what's the voucher for?

Thanks for clarifying.
Sorry I have made that confusing - as I also was told various things.

The welcome envelope contains vouchers (one per guest per night) that can be used between 5.00 pm and 10.00pm in the bar or drawing room for a drink from the platinum drinks menu.

The platinum drinks menu is basically the same as what was offered previously in decanter under the free flow session.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It does seem a bit odd for a property costing twice as many as the other 5* Starwood hotels in the city to be the least generous on Platinum drinking benefits.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
It does seem a bit odd for a property costing twice as many as the other 5* Starwood hotels in the city to be the least generous on Platinum drinking benefits.
Well, at least they are twice as generous as other SPG properties in BKK on the laundry front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.