Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St Regis Buenos Aires scheduled to break ground in 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post News: St. Regis Buenos Aires coming in 2010

Argentine press reports say that an investor group has confirmed work is being done on the new St. Regis Buenos Aires. Hotel is to be opened in 2010.

Another great place to use StarPoints to stay in Buenos Aires... ^
Old Apr 20, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Continental Airline's Feb 2007 Guide to Latin America has a Starwood ad that makes reference to this upcoming property.

The Continental ad...
http://worth.texterity.com/custom/co-latin07/?pg=5

Seems to be a rebranding of the Park Tower -- a Luxury Collection property.

However, that doesn't really match the idea of a 2010 opening. So maybe these are separate plans.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 1:46 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
No, this is not the same hotel.... the St. Regis will be a brand new property.
Old Apr 20, 2007, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Yeah the Park Tower is definitely different than this new St. Regis.

It will be great to have a new property in town, though I must say that it's hard to beat 3K points a night (for PLATS) to get one of the presidential suites at Sheraton Libertador.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Post Starwood announces agreement for St. Regis Hotel & Residences Buenos Aires

Press Release Source: Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

St. Regis Makes the Next Stop on Its Global Expedition with St. Regis Hotel & Residences, Buenos Aires
Tuesday September 25, 8:16 am ET
St. Regis Continues Dynamic Growth Path as it Announces Plans to Open the First St Regis Hotel & Residences in South America

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT - News) today announced an agreement with First South American Investments S.A. (FSA) to develop the first St. Regis hotel and residences complex in South America. St. Regis Hotel & Residences, Buenos Aires will open in 2010, introducing an unrivaled dimension of luxury and bespoke service to this thriving metropolis. St. Regis Hotel & Residences, Buenos Aires will feature 160 guest rooms and suites as well as residences, featuring inspiring views of the city's bustling waterfront on the Rio de la Plata.

"The passionate city of Buenos Aires engages visitors with its energy, enthusiasm and excitement, creating a richly textured cosmopolitan setting perfect for our global St. Regis guests," said Ross Klein, President of Starwood's Luxury Brands Group. "Buenos Aires is the perfect choice for the debut of the St. Regis brand into South America, enticing sophisticated, worldly travelers to explore this stylish and sizzling destination. From Bora Bora to Beijing, Monarch Beach to Macau, St. Regis is committed to designing custom-tailored guest experiences in the best addresses around the world."

As one of the world's most alluring destinations, Buenos Aires is lined with majestic boulevards lined with palatial mansions, beautifully landscaped parks, a dynamic arts scene and vibrant nightlife. The newly constructed St. Regis property will be located in Puerto Madero, a contemporary dock-front neighborhood within walking distance of the financial and commercial heart of the city. In this fast-growing district, old brick warehouses have been renovated and transformed into upscale offices, residences, banks, theaters, and restaurants, with many more residential and commercial developments slated for completion by mid 2009.

Press Release
Old Sep 25, 2007, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Not thrilled about the choice of location-but I bet it will be nice.
Thanks for passing this on.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K, AS 75K, LT Titanium, Globalist
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Not thrilled about the choice of location-but I bet it will be nice.
Thanks for passing this on.
Since people look to the Hilton as THE property in BA, I can see why SPG chose Puerto Madero. I found it a little wacky that they do a short stop in front of the Hilton on the city tour (claiming it looks like the inside of an airport terminal on the inside).

All I have to say is that this place is going to have stiff competition from the Part Tower, which, in my opinion, is the benchmark SPG property for any luxury property manager in training (esp in treatment of plats).
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I would have preferred a W in an up & coming area such as Palermo SOHO.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 7:31 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nroscoe
I would have preferred a W in an up & coming area such as Palermo SOHO.
No kidding. Puerto Madero also strikes me as a "W" ish neighborhood as well, or possibly a higher-end Westin, or maybe even for ALoft, but a St. Regis??? I can think of other B.A. neighborhoods where I'd totally see a St. Regis fitting in, and yeah, the Park Tower to me it "it" as far as the Luxury Collection bar to measure up to in B.A.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
What happened?

Did this project get canceled? - I remember seeing the building a year or so ago, but do not see anything on the Starwood site.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
Did this project get canceled? - I remember seeing the building a year or so ago, but do not see anything on the Starwood site.
I am quite certain that it's still in the plans, but I have no idea what the timeline is.

It was mentioned in this recent Press Release.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat

From the latest press release: http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20110302006004/en.

This would be a great option in BA (Havent tried the PH yet but have heard stellar reviews). We stayed at one of the smaller boutique hotels last time and it was great, although a StR certainly sounds better! Hope this comes through.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
removed
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What happened to this St Regis?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TerryK
What happened to this St Regis?
Have you been following the trials and tribulations of the Argentine economy over the last few years...?

There might be some hope if the current govt is ousted following the presidential elections late this year. Otherwise, we'll have to stick to the glorious Sheraton Libertador (as I am not paying anything over $150 for the Park Tower).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.