Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FINAL CURTAIN 31.7.18 - Curtains up on Audience Rewards!

Old Jan 25, 11, 9:46 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level

Be the first to celebrate our exclusive new partnership with Audience Rewards by registering to win a pair of premium tickets to the opening night of How to Succeed on Broadway Without Really Trying, a walk on the red carpet, access to the exclusive after party, and two nights in a Club Suite at the Westin Times Square. Once you register every two night stay in February will earn you one automatic entry into the sweeps. Register here: SPG.com/broadwaysweeps

Through this new SPG debut you'll be able to Earn and Redeem Starpoints for Broadway shows, access special pre-sales, use points to redeem for seat upgrades, and so much more. Check out SPG.com/Broadway for information. You'll also be able to bid on once-in-a-lifetime Broadway experiences through SPG.com/Moments.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 25, 11, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Nice- 1,200 points per ticket for Addams Family for $126+ tickets. I value at SPG points at around 2.5 cents each, so thats a nice "rebate" of about $36. A lot of the bonuses are on hot shows that you can't get at the TKTS booth anyway, so this is a nice little bonus for having to buy full price tickets.
Old Jan 25, 11, 11:53 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Gold
10,200 points to redeem for a ticket? No thanks. And there's discount code online that you can buy the $126 Adam's Family ticket for $79. It's a poor way to use and earn starpoints if you ask me.
Old Jan 25, 11, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by burnsy0118 View Post
10,200 points to redeem for a ticket? No thanks. And there's discount code online that you can buy the $126 Adam's Family ticket for $79. It's a poor way to use and earn starpoints if you ask me.
Of course you may be getting a lower quality seat with your discounted tickets...
Old Jan 25, 11, 12:20 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I agree that the redemption options are pretty unfavorable. Up to around 1.3 cpp? Worse if there are other discounts available.

For purchases, the "rebate" is nice if other discounts aren't available. Best value is probably found for some Saturday night shows when many other discounts are often blacked out.

What I don't like about the system, though, is that I can't pick my seats and know exactly where I'll be sitting before completing the purchase. I'm skeptical about the seating pool. For some shows, it might be better than the pool used for discount seats which can often exclude front/center orchestra seating.

How come I can't see the exact seats I will be getting when I buy certain tickets on the SPG Broadway site?

Certain tickets and special offers are booked using different systems or for select inventory allotments and your seats will be assigned after purchase. Unless otherwise stated, you will be assigned the best available seats in the orchestra or front mezzanine seating sections. Since most Broadway and Off-Broadway theatres are small (under 1,200 seats) and not giant concert venues, all seats are generally considered very good. Your exact seat locations will be emailed to you shortly after you complete your purchase.
We apparently have different opinions about the significance of seat selection in many theaters. If a buyer doesn't like the seat selection, can the order be canceled?

I'm sure that there are many visitors to NYC that simply are overwhelmed by the process of shopping for Broadway show discounts, though, so this is probably good for some of those people.

And I'm certainly pleased to see this type of partnership that can lead to some special promo offers for SPG members in ways similar to some of the NCAA and Live Nation offers in recent years.
Old Jan 25, 11, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by thepointsguy View Post
Nice- 1,200 points per ticket for Addams Family for $126+ tickets. I value at SPG points at around 2.5 cents each, so thats a nice "rebate" of about $36. A lot of the bonuses are on hot shows that you can't get at the TKTS booth anyway, so this is a nice little bonus for having to buy full price tickets.
Originally Posted by burnsy0118 View Post
What's the saying? "Opinions are like ........" Well, never mind. But obviously, YMMV!

I just checked for SD and CLT ..... you can not redeem miles for the current shows in either city.
Old Jan 25, 11, 2:04 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by kevinsac View Post
What's the saying? "Opinions are like ........" Well, never mind. But obviously, YMMV!
The first opinion was about earning Starpoints when purchasing a ticket.

The second opinion was about redeeming Starpoints to get a ticket as an award.

The opinions are rightfully different, IMO.
Old Jan 26, 11, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
I agree with your opinions, but would add 2 cases where buying tickets with SPG point may be useful

1) if there a separate pool of tickets that Audience Rewards can tap into that is generally considered a premium on other websites. For example, Wicked tickets can go up to $312 for orchestra seats (Premium Seating tickets), but generally, the top price is $125.
2) other websites are sold out.

From my own experience, if I am flexible, the best way to get tickets is day of. Managed to score Wicked tickets (5 tix - 3rd row Orch) on a weekend performance in Dec!

Aside from that, I had an Audience Rewards account, so it will be nice to get some SPG points as I have no idea when I would rack enough points to get anything directly from AR.

Originally Posted by sc flier View Post
I agree that the redemption options are pretty unfavorable. Up to around 1.3 cpp? Worse if there are other discounts available.

For purchases, the "rebate" is nice if other discounts aren't available. Best value is probably found for some Saturday night shows when many other discounts are often blacked out.

What I don't like about the system, though, is that I can't pick my seats and know exactly where I'll be sitting before completing the purchase. I'm skeptical about the seating pool. For some shows, it might be better than the pool used for discount seats which can often exclude front/center orchestra seating.

We apparently have different opinions about the significance of seat selection in many theaters. If a buyer doesn't like the seat selection, can the order be canceled?

I'm sure that there are many visitors to NYC that simply are overwhelmed by the process of shopping for Broadway show discounts, though, so this is probably good for some of those people.

And I'm certainly pleased to see this type of partnership that can lead to some special promo offers for SPG members in ways similar to some of the NCAA and Live Nation offers in recent years.
Originally Posted by sc flier View Post
The first opinion was about earning Starpoints when purchasing a ticket.

The second opinion was about redeeming Starpoints to get a ticket as an award.

The opinions are rightfully different, IMO.
Old Mar 28, 11, 1:22 pm

I just discovered this program and think it is fantastic. I know that many people rely on the conversion calculations but since I achieve points through work (i.e., not with my own money), that is not relevant to me.

I have 200,000 points (still accumulating) and would like to use some soon. This seems like a great way to have some fun for free. My wife has wanted to see Wicked for a long time and now that wish can be granted without cost! ^
Old Apr 21, 11, 11:29 am

Programs: Audience Rewards, Delta, SPG, USAir, Best Buy, Amtrak
Hello Everyone!

Chiming in to let you know of two new options for using SPG points with Audience Rewards.

1) Cash + Points
You can redeem for tickets using a combination of cash and points. On most cash + points awards, you can choose how many Starpoints you would like to use.

2) Award Sales
We have special limited-time Ticket Awards to certain shows. You can sit in the orchestra at several shows for 5,000 points or less.

Happy Theatre Going!

The Audience Rewards Team
Old Apr 21, 11, 10:13 pm

hi, how often will award sales be available? how frequently will they be updated? can you post here when they will be?

thanks,
r

Originally Posted by AudienceRewards View Post
Hello Everyone!

Chiming in to let you know of two new options for using SPG points with Audience Rewards.

1) Cash + Points
You can redeem for tickets using a combination of cash and points. On most cash + points awards, you can choose how many Starpoints you would like to use.

2) Award Sales
We have special limited-time Ticket Awards to certain shows. You can sit in the orchestra at several shows for 5,000 points or less.

Happy Theatre Going!

The Audience Rewards Team
Old Apr 28, 11, 3:01 pm

Programs: Audience Rewards, Delta, SPG, USAir, Best Buy, Amtrak
Originally Posted by rgm18 View Post
hi, how often will award sales be available? how frequently will they be updated? can you post here when they will be?

thanks,
r

Hello -

Special limited time awards will be posted on audiencerewards.com/spgonbroadway. To see all of the limited awards, you can use the following link.

Best,

Audience Rewards
Old Jul 16, 18, 12:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PlatPro; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Globalist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Curtains Down on Audience Rewards

I received an email today stating the partnership between SPG and Audience Rewards will end 7/31/18. Tickets purchased prior to 7/31 will continue to earn Starpoints (or their equivalent in the new program) and you may continue to redeem Starpoints for Broadway productions through 7/31/18. Current SPG/Audience Rewards accounts will be converted to another Audience Rewards loyalty program.

Even though it was not a biggie for me, I did earn several thousand Starpoints over the year with this program.
lbbzman likes this.
Old Jul 16, 18, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
I received an email today stating the partnership between SPG and Audience Rewards will end 7/31/18. Tickets purchased prior to 7/31 will continue to earn Starpoints (or their equivalent in the new program) and you may continue to redeem Starpoints for Broadway productions through 7/31/18. Current SPG/Audience Rewards accounts will be converted to another Audience Rewards loyalty program.

Even though it was not a biggie for me, I did earn several thousand Starpoints over the year with this program.
I got the email too and at first was puzzled as it referenced an account I didn't know I had--I've never used this.
Old Jul 16, 18, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.024MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Select; WoH Dis
Ever since they got rid of the points for trivia, this program has been pretty worthless anyway.

Search this Thread