FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Missed Design Your Own Card Deadline. Do I get Another Chance? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1163494-missed-design-your-own-card-deadline-do-i-get-another-chance.html)

username Dec 23, 2010 10:07 am

Missed Design Your Own Card Deadline. Do I get Another Chance?

I made Gold this year and was debating what to put on the card in the text part and missed the deadline by a day.

I should make Platinum once the double nights promotion sweep is applied. Do I get another chance to do this when I get to Platinum?

By the way, what do you put on the text part? I have all my frequently used FFP numbers memorized so there is no need. I was thinking about PP# and expiration plus HHonors# and PC# (since I don't stay there often). I think it would be fun pulling out an SPG card at Hilton and HI to read the number to them :D

Thanks.

FunMonty Dec 24, 2010 10:19 am

I hope they bring this back too, I didn't "qualify" for the personalized card last time but for the volume of people that would take advantage of it and the cost...I don't see why they don't allow any SPG members to have fun with it.

Starwood Lurker Dec 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by username (Post 15511134)
...I should make Platinum once the double nights promotion sweep is applied. Do I get another chance to do this when I get to Platinum?...

In all likelihood, yes.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Counsellor Jan 3, 2011 4:04 am

I even missed the notice!

I didn't even get a notice about designing ones own card this year. Did last year and designed my own, and was hoping to do so again this year.

Any chance for those of us Golds who didn't get the word?

Starwood Lurker Jan 3, 2011 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Counsellor (Post 15570861)
...Any chance for those of us Golds who didn't get the word?

Nobody has gotten the word...yet.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

kingeddy Jan 3, 2011 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 15574280)

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

So cryptic!;)

adkrick Jan 3, 2011 5:53 pm

Do these cards actually exist? I ordered mine over 6 months ago and never received it. I seem to remember reading some posts that said this is common.

broadwayblue Jan 3, 2011 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by adkrick (Post 15575911)
Do these cards actually exist? I ordered mine over 6 months ago and never received it. I seem to remember reading some posts that said this is common.

Same here. On May 5th I received the email to "Design your own card to celebrate your elite status." I did find it odd that the same email also said "But do so soon, as this opportunity ends 05/06/2010." So I created the card right away and received the following email later that day:

You designed the card.
Now plan your getaway.

Thank you for creating your own customized Gold Preferred Guest® Member Card, which will arrive in the next 4 to 6 weeks at the address on file for your account.

Anyway, nearly 7 months and counting and still no card.

Counsellor Jan 4, 2011 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 15574280)

Ok, I think I understand.

The above postings were about creating a card for 2010, I guess (although why one would want to do that on 23 December is beyond me) and what you're talking about is cards that will be sent out in early February for 2011, for which the invitation has not yet gone out? Is that it?

Starwood Lurker Jan 4, 2011 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor (Post 15578471)
Ok, I think I understand.

The above postings were about creating a card for 2010, I guess (although why one would want to do that on 23 December is beyond me) and what you're talking about is cards that will be sent out in early February for 2011, for which the invitation has not yet gone out? Is that it?

Got it in one try. ;)

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]