Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Platinum Members Year End Gift 2010

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by mario33

I cant understand why so many here are so excited over something thats no better than junk mails and will eventually end up as trash. I now wonder the average age of posters on FT ....
I don't see it as junk email, that will end up in the trash bin. My wife wants to make a family album, from our wedding to our first kid and all the places we have been together over the years. It will be a treasured family photo album printed in hardcover.

I guess its how you see it.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: starwood platimun elite
Best Ever Gift from SPG

Thanks SPG for the best ever gift. Much better than points and a whole lot better than luggage tags (mine fell off in less than a year). A photo album is something to last the generations. Please do this again next year. The photo albumn alone is worth re-qualifying as Plat.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:59 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Okay, I can see people enjoying ONE of these, but two? Since when are points boring? They never are in my house, as we like to use them towards our anniversary trip. But I guess whatever makes 'ya happy.

I have to say that I'm surprised at all the people who are loving this. I'm glad- I wish it was something that appealed to me, too. But every one is being gracious and adult, using manners and everything. If my post earlier was the only "negative" post in the bunch, then things are looking up on the Starwood forum! I'm happy to see that while we can disagree about this gift, we're not bashing or trashing.

Note to Starwood: If possible, can we take a vote on this next year? Or maybe you could offer TWO gifts and we could choose which one we want? I am going to be a good sport this year, but could next year's gift be something in the way of points or free nights? (I feel like my niece writing to Santa, asking for toys and not socks!)
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mario33
I now wonder the average age of posters on FT ....
i've noticed you wonder a lot of useless facts....but then again, to each their own....
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:07 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Originally Posted by saad
i've noticed you wonder a lot of useless facts....but then again, to each their own....
c'mon now...it's the end of the year and this is a gift thread from SPG to us.

Let's make sure everyone here, even with differing points of view, finish up the year at FT>SPG feeling 'happy' & not 'sad'
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Barefootdr
c'mon now...it's the end of the year and this is a gift thread from SPG to us.

Let's make sure everyone here, even with differing points of view, finish up the year at FT>SPG feeling 'happy' & not 'sad'
good point....i'm happy with the gift....if others aren't then like i said before, to each their own....
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:59 am

Question What happened to the District of Columbia?

How can I order my gift when there is no way to input my correct address?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Originally Posted by genoval
How can I order my gift when there is no way to input my correct address?
+1
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:17 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by flyastrojets
+1
I just choose my gift, and the last page was one where you can input your mailing address for the gift and it clearly states it will not update your spg account information.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Just wanted to say thank you! Very cool!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
It sounds cool. Just waiting for my e-mail from SPG...
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, United Premier Excecutive, Also, Alaska, Southwest
Another Sacramento Resident That Has Not Received Invite

Like Sam P. Goodman a fellow resident of Sacramento, I have yet to receive the e-mail. I have been Platinum for 10 years......(and note my user name is Starwood Nut!)

This books sounds wonderful and I am looking forward to receiving it.

Last edited by starwoodnut; Dec 19, 2010 at 9:12 am Reason: forgot element
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
DC is now an option. Thanks for correcting this.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by starwoodnut
Like Sam P. Goodman a fellow resident of Sacramento, I have yet to receive the e-mail. I have been Platinum for 10 years......(and note my user name is Starwood Nut!)

This books sounds wonderful and I am looking forward to receiving it.

Are your email preferences set correctly?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I am in California as well as are a couple Platinum co-workers and no e-mail here. Maybe the rain has delayed delivery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.