Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Q1 2011 - SPG Great Weeks, Grand Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q1 2011 - SPG Great Weeks, Grand Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:01 am
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Lightbulb PROMO: Q1 2011 - SPG Great Weeks, Grand Weekends

I'm pleased to announce SPG's first promotion of 2011, SPG Great Weeks, Grand Weekends. From January 3 through April 15, 2011 registered members can earn double Starpoints for every night of the week, plus an additional 500 bonus Starpoints for every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night during their eligible stays - with no earning limits! Earnings will be at over 930 participating properties worldwide across all 9 brands.

Registration opens January 3 and continues through March 31, but members can book now for future qualified stays.

For more information, including FAQ's, terms, and a list of hotels not participating in the promotion, please visit spg.com/greatweeks.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Dec 13, 2010 at 10:43 am
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:03 am

A step backwards after Every Night Counts.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Well.... what do ya think...

http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/po...romos/134534/1

link first provided by FrequentFlyer9000../^

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Dec 13, 2010 at 10:47 am Reason: Consolidate two posts in order to position promo summary as post 1
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Double points?.....

I wonder if the 500 pt weekend bonus is per stay or per night.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:15 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
The way I read it, it would be per weekend night...you still could do bed runs to different hotels on every consecutive weekend night for additional Plat amenities

Last edited by Barefootdr; Dec 13, 2010 at 8:27 pm
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Well since no one else so far has bothered to actually quote the article, I will.

Members of the Starwood Preferred Guest program can take advantage of the "Great Weeks, Grand Weekends" promo starting Jan. 3, 2011. SPG members who use it will earn double loyalty points on any night; they'll also earn a 500-point bonus for weekend-night stays (defined as Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday night).

Starwood isn't limiting the number of bonus points members can earn.

SPG members can earn their bonus points between Jan. 3 and April 15, 2011 at all Starwood's 930 hotels, including those that belong to the Sheraton, W, and Element chains.
Though I haven't been following the Hilton forum daily, I don't consider the Hilton "sale" to be their 2011 loyalty promo.

Interesting that "weekend-night" for this promo includes Thursday nights, too, according to the article. I like how this definition keeps expanding. ^

Last edited by sc flier; Dec 13, 2010 at 6:36 am
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:28 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by sc flier
Interesting that "weekend-night" for this promo includes Thursday nights, too, according to the article. I like how this definition keeps expanding. ^
It might be that Thu night applies to the Middle-East properties only (in lieu of Sunday night). This has been the case for several past promos. I'd be quite surprised to see Thursday night counting as a weekend in America/Europe/Asia.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:30 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
So why did they name it great weeks, grand weekends...? It just seems to be a double points promo, so nothing fancy. A bit disappointing...
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Indeed quite disappointing....

Promo link: Website NOW LIVE

Last edited by thomas199023; Dec 13, 2010 at 6:57 am
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
It might be that Thu night applies to the Middle-East properties only (in lieu of Sunday night). This has been the case for several past promos. I'd be quite surprised to see Thursday night counting as a weekend in America/Europe/Asia.
You could be right, but it could also be a way to encourage more business travelers to arrive early on Sunday night or stay longer through Thursday night.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:44 am

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
As someone whose job requires frequent weekends on the road, I LOVE THIS PROMO.

Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:53 am

Website is now live for promo details. Registration begins Jan 3. No need to register prior to stay. No need to rebook stays after registration. Must register by March 31.

Earn double Starpoints every night of the week, plus an extra 500 bonus Starpoints for every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night — with no limits!

Earn more Starpoints® every night with our new promotion, SPG® Great Weeks, Grand Weekends. From January 3 through April 15, 2011, you can earn unlimited bonus Starpoints two ways:

* Earn double Starpoints every night of the week.
* Plus, earn an additional weekend bonus of 500 Starpoints for every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night during your stays — with no limits.

Last edited by sc flier; Dec 13, 2010 at 7:42 am Reason: added additional details
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I think it's totally lame.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:54 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I tried to see the T&Cs at https://www.spgpromos.com/greatweeks/ where I was redirected from the generic SPGpromos.com. Unable to handle my request the page suggested that I contact the Online Chat agents.

I love the Online Chat agents so I complied. I contacted one of the Online Chat agents and initially she wasn't sure what I was talking about. After sending her the USA Today article she found the link above and popped it up on my screen then mentioned that it wasn't active yet. I asked if she could just email me the T&C. She was able to provide the following:

The SPG Great Weeks, Grand Weekends promotion awards members for every night of the week. Registered members earn double Starpoints for every night and an additional 500 Starpoints for every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night at more than 930 participating properties.

Promotion Details:
Offer: Earn double Starpoints for every stay + 500 bonus Starpoints for every Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.

Unlimited bonusing
Weekend kicker in addition to double Starpoints- members earn double base Starpoints plus 500 Starpoints per weekend night
All weekend nights bonused, regardless of length of stay
Registration Dates: January 3, 2011 - March 31, 2011
Earning Dates: January 3, 2011 - April 15, 2011
Registration Code: 2GW
Registration URL: SPG.com/greatweeks
From what I can tell, and what she confirmed, we will earn 500 Starpoints for every weekend night not just each stay which includes a weekend night. ^^
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If the 500points is per weekend night I actually quite like the promo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.