Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Nov 30, 2010, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

a few pics taken this morning...

I am the No.2 to check in...

Well, there was no upgrade to suite for me..., but did got 250 points.

check the pic out...and sorry for the report was wrote by Chinese on the website.

http://www.flyertea.com/thread-36965-1-1.html
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:37 pm

Four Points Sukhumvit Bangkok [Master Thread]

I'm there now. Rooms are to a pretty high standard. Definitely quite a bit better than the Park Plaza where I was staying, & I like that place. Still smells of paint. Strange circuitous route to elevators through narrow hallways. Big tub with sliding doors that open & close. Great water pressure in shower. Lots of plug-ins to hook everything up to 32" tv. So bring your cables. Decent gym on roof with big open areas of grass outside. Big open room for yoga or putting green or sumpin. Not sure what. Hallway to pool blocked off. Good beer selection in 'Beer Vault'. Big emphasis on Belgium. Very bad spirit & whiskey selection in 'Beer Vault'. I'd say embarrassing even. Stupid name. What the hell is a beer vault ? Are they going to pull a 1969 Chang out of the vault for me ? All in all, I like the place a lot. A great bargain at 1900 IMO. Will post some pics later today. wj
Old Dec 2, 2010, 1:00 am

I was incorrect, the pool is open & pretty nice. Decent size, but too small for lap swimming. You have to go down to lobby & switch elevators between buildings until they open the hallway on the roof. Lotsa room up there. Big bar, big chairs, looks like Nest at the Le Fenix. Will be way cool when they open next week. Big brand new Apples in lobby and free wifi down here. The place is exceeding expectations so far. wj
Old Dec 2, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Sounds great. I am looking forward to my stay there next weekend!

S
Old Dec 2, 2010, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
I was incorrect, the pool is open & pretty nice. Decent size, but too small for lap swimming. You have to go down to lobby & switch elevators between buildings until they open the hallway on the roof. Lotsa room up there. Big bar, big chairs, looks like Nest at the Le Fenix. Will be way cool when they open next week. Big brand new Apples in lobby and free wifi down here. The place is exceeding expectations so far. wj
Thanks- sounds great! I really like Nest- if the Four Points has something similar this is another plus in the Sukhmvit 11/15 area.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 7:15 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Expectations & Disappointments!

This is a solid 3-star property nice and clean as it is new but not much else. Don't understand what's the hype is all about. Some good points:

- New, fresh & exciting new place.
- Low opening room rate of Baht 1900/night.
- Location location location ...
- You will be able to earn points/nights/stays.

Not so-good points:

- Hardly any Platinum recognition
- No club lounge
- FD staff need training very badly.
- Unless you score an upgrade to a suite, 4P's very small tiny rooms. I have seen the rooms at Nana Ibis Hotel and IMHO are much bigger and better.

Although I appreciate the efforts of its working staff, this is only a 4P property after all. Will most likely be checking out tomorrow and canceling the remaining 3 nights. Moving back to the Renaissance Ratchaprasong to further enjoy its Suite bathtub http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/5224003974/

Last edited by Kalboz; Dec 2, 2010 at 7:20 am
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:42 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Will be interesting to see if these "promises" come good...;

# Plats will receive breakfast at The Eatery as a benefit.
# Cocktail hours will be provided to Plats. Unlcear as of yet whether it will be free-flow alcohol but snacks will be provided.
# Plats wick be upgraded to the bottom two levels of suites, including the Jr. suite.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:54 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
# Plats will receive breakfast at The Eatery as a benefit: TRUE
# Cocktail hours will be provided to Plats. Unlcear as of yet whether it will be free-flow alcohol but snacks will be provided: Beer 5:30-7:30 PM
# Plats wick be upgraded to the bottom two levels of suites, including the Jr. suite: NONE available at this time!
Old Dec 2, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
SPG Gold

Originally Posted by Kalboz
# Plats will receive breakfast at The Eatery as a benefit: TRUE
# Cocktail hours will be provided to Plats. Unlcear as of yet whether it will be free-flow alcohol but snacks will be provided: Beer 5:30-7:30 PM
# Plats wick be upgraded to the bottom two levels of suites, including the Jr. suite: NONE available at this time!
Hi Guys,

Booked here for latter in the year on SPG award so great to get some feedback. Any idea what the Gold benefits are?

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2010, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i had emailed janet last week regarding an upcoming reservation & i got a reply from her today....she also stated that the thb 1,900 rate will not be around long & they will be taking that rate away next week....so anyone looking to cash in on these rates should do so soon....
Old Dec 2, 2010, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Hardly any platinum recognition ?

Looks like some of our newer platinum members have unrealistic expectations. If you get your platinum amenity (250 points), 50% bonus starpoints & 4pm late check-out, I would not call it hardly any platinum recognition. But wait, they even offer platinum guests complimentary breakfast & beer which are perks beyond published platinum benefits.

If the hotel does not have standard suites in their inventory yet or there are too many platinum guests than there are standard suites available for upgrade, it doesnt mean they dont recognise platinum status.

Though I cancelled my booking on the opening night (due to changes in my travel plans), I wouldnt hesitate to stay here due to 'lack of platinum recognition'. But then I dont spend my time in hotel rooms measuring every square foot and demand to be compensated if its short of the published area.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
I will be checking in latter this week and my expectations will not be high as others.
It's not too often that a hotels preopening thread grows to over 27 pages before the doors even open to the public.

I will let them know how I think the numerous reservations I have made at the 4pts BKK some months ago have poisioned my SPG acct.and unable to veiw any reservations,there are too many of us out there that have this common problem with reservations at the 4pts BKK.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:17 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Not so-good points:

- Hardly any Platinum recognition
- No club lounge
- FD staff need training very badly.
- Unless you score an upgrade to a suite, 4P's very small tiny rooms. I have seen the rooms at Nana Ibis Hotel and IMHO are much bigger and better.
In what way was there hardly any Plat recognition?

We've known for a long time that there would be no lounge, like the SGS. But free breakfast in The Eatery and the ability to take cocktail hours in the Beer Vault and at the pool bar should make up for that.

The room I saw 2 months ago wasn't large, but I wouldn't call it tiny either. It is larger than the standard room I stay in at the Hyatt Tokyo though smaller than a standard room in the WGS.

What was wrong with the FD staff? What topics require training?

One more thing about suites. We all know that they are upon availability and we all hope for them. I stayed in two SPG hotels this year which had each been open less than a month. Neither of them had suites ready. I knew this in advance and knew not to expect a suite. I think the report in Chinese said something about 30 Plats on the first night of opening. Even the WGS only has 19 suites. I don't know the situation at the 4 Points but it seems reasonable to expect to not get a suite.

Did you get a chance to try out the pool?

Last edited by yosithezet; Dec 2, 2010 at 7:21 pm Reason: Added bit about suites.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I am here now and have to say I am pretty impressed. To me it is like a 'lite' version of LeMeridien over on Surawong.

I have never stayed in Fourpoints property before so my expectations have been set by the other more 'high end' SPG properties in BKK. Happy to say this place doesn't dissapoint.

On check in there appeared to be one or two teething problems with the process and technology but as there was no queue behind me and I wasnt in a rush this wasn't a problem.

No suite availability but as a previous post mentioned, they have had a huge number of plats here and it is always a bonus, never expected.

Generally service has been prompt and courteous. I needed tech assistance for internet access at midnight last night. The issue was with my laptop rather than the hotel network but the tech guy went the extra mile and fixed it for me.

For the price and SPG benefits this place really is tempting. I personally couldn't justify spending X3 on th mid week rate at the SGS given the location (although I am switching there tonight for the weekend rate).

My final comment would be that the location is a positive and a negative. My Thai girlfriend was working late last night and didn't get to join me until around 1 am. Her first comment was that she didn't realise that there were so many prostitues in the area. I regularly stay at SGS and LeMeridien and this has never been mentioned.

The hotel is right around the corner from one of the more infamous joints on Sukhumvit road which can lead to quite a cluster of girls on the street late on. If you are in a family party this probably wouldnt be a worry because all the action is going on in the early hours of the morning.

If you are likely to be out late and this sort of thing is an issue for you I would advise getting the taxi to drop you at the door of the hotel rather than get dropped off at the end of the soi.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 12:27 am

The rooms aren't tiny IMO. Pretty standard. Definitely smaller than the Westin, but nicer. The F&B staff are clueless. It's the 'Thai way' to ignore you, because you might ask them something they don't know & they'll lose face. I've got 4 friends who have restaurants in Thailand they have to deal with that on a daily basis. Ignore it & maybe it'll go away. It took me asking 4 waitresses & 3 managers & 1/2 hour to get a check. BTW: Here's some pics: http://hotelsbkk.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.