Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:37 pm

O.K. so I booked this place a few weeks ago for February based on what seemed.........very good reviews and happy customers. Now it seems it is going downhill - What are the Plat benefits here now?? Anyone else have feedback from previous stays? Albeit, I am using a points stay so I really do not have too many other options in this category other than Aloft - and Aloft does not seem to turn my crank!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:17 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Bravada04
O.K. so I booked this place a few weeks ago for February based on what seemed.........very good reviews and happy customers. Now it seems it is going downhill - What are the Plat benefits here now?? Anyone else have feedback from previous stays? Albeit, I am using a points stay so I really do not have too many other options in this category other than Aloft - and Aloft does not seem to turn my crank!
Aloft is a nice property. I go for it above 4P.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:27 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Still lots of happy customers. What are your priorities?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Still lots of happy customers. What are your priorities?
It will be my wife and another couple joining us on vacation. We are just heading into Bangkok from our beach resort for a couple of days. We are heading to Above Eleven for Dinner which I believe is close by and really just want a home base as our time is very limited. We are in our early 40's and like to have a good time but the Aloft just does not give me that warm fuzzy feeling for whatever reason? We will be there over the weekend and the Aloft seems like a young party crowd kind of place:confused

The Saturday will be a very busy day trying to get Bangkok in as much as we can......well actually we will never get everything in so I think we are going to try and catch a boat just to see along the canals and maybe hit some shopping...........then come back to the hotel and sit at the outside bar for the evening. That's our plans anyway for now.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:20 pm

Has to be SPG ? If yes, I still like 4P. It's overpriced, but good for redemption. For the $$ they want these days I'd much rather be at the Sofitel, Centrepoint T21 or Adelphi Suites.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Aloft definitely the party crowd, you'll find the 4P a little more to your taste if you want something a bit less full on.

One important note is the traffic on soi 11 during the evening is absolutely horrendous and it isn't a particularly pleasant walk. You can cut around the back sois from the 4P to Above 11 on foot but may get a bit disorientated, even a taxi will have a hard time going from 15 to 11 during the evening.

If you really want a more sedate location then go for the 4P but definitely leave sufficient time to get to your dinner reservation
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:42 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Agreed. Stick to 4P, aloft feels like a cheap party cruise ship.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by newshound
Aloft definitely the party crowd, you'll find the 4P a little more to your taste if you want something a bit less full on.

One important note is the traffic on soi 11 during the evening is absolutely horrendous and it isn't a particularly pleasant walk. You can cut around the back sois from the 4P to Above 11 on foot but may get a bit disorientated, even a taxi will have a hard time going from 15 to 11 during the evening.

If you really want a more sedate location then go for the 4P but definitely leave sufficient time to get to your dinner reservation
Interesting? Above Eleven looks particularly close.....How much time do you suggest it would take to get there by taxi or tuk tuk ( the hotel has a tuk tuk but not sure if that is too far away ) how long would you imagine it would take to walk and if so, is it safe?

I do have one other question that is kind of off topic.....We want to experience a few different things so I am planning for the four of us to take the train back to Hua Hin on Sunday. We are going to go 3rd class as it will be a good experience. How would I go about getting tickets prior as I don't want to be messing around Saturday buying tickets. Do you think I could ask the concierge at 4P to purchase these and have them waiting for us when we arrive on Friday? If not, any other suggestions.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:03 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Interesting? Above Eleven looks particularly close.....How much time do you suggest it would take to get there by taxi or tuk tuk ( the hotel has a tuk tuk but not sure if that is too far away ) how long would you imagine it would take to walk and if so, is it safe?

I do have one other question that is kind of off topic.....We want to experience a few different things so I am planning for the four of us to take the train back to Hua Hin on Sunday. We are going to go 3rd class as it will be a good experience. How would I go about getting tickets prior as I don't want to be messing around Saturday buying tickets. Do you think I could ask the concierge at 4P to purchase these and have them waiting for us when we arrive on Friday? If not, any other suggestions.

Dont stay @ aloft on the weekend, will be noisy.. It is easy to get to above eleven. The four points tuk tuk can take you to aloft from there it is a 5 minute walk or take a taxi from aloft for about 50 bath... walking from 4Points to above11 maybe in 20 minutes... down on sukhumvit then enter soi 11 until the end on the left ( nearby Q Bar/Fenix hotel). I would suggest go there by tuktuk and walk back, it's a nice experience at night with the bars and market on suk11 and suk
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:27 pm

I always have found it a lot faster to walk down 13 to Aloft. Don't know where 'Above 11' is located on the Soi though.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:55 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
yes it is faster but there is much less to see if you just want to be quick my suggestion is not the best... Above 11 is at Fraser hotel ( behind Q Bar )
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by cln
yes it is faster but there is much less to see if you just want to be quick my suggestion is not the best... Above 11 is at Fraser hotel ( behind Q Bar )
True, 13 is a barren worthless soi except for getting from A to B.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Your questions on transit from 4P to Above 11 have been answered although CLN was being a bit tongue in cheek about the walk down soi 11.

From early evening onwards the entire soi is solid traffic flanked by converted beer busses and food stalls. Their customers, typically backpackers, sitting around boozing and eating, consequently take up the entire sidewalk so you are forced to walk down the road itself and dodge the motorbikes.

As for booking trains, I really have no idea, I've never taken a train here as I am lucky enough to have a car. Concierge would definitely be a good place to start tho
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum/Hyatt Diamond
Bravada, in answer to your query

FP Bangkok is a good property.

Problem is, however, that Platinum benefits are being trimmed, little by little, at the same time that room rates are going up and up.

It is true that points -or points and cash- are pretty good deals but still :

what used to be an great place for plats is now just ... mediocre.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Choco: what have we actually lost? I think I read that we no longer get the butter cookies as a gift, and the lounge food is a little worse. Anything else?

I like this place because of the great location and the decent breakfast, for not too many points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.