Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
That's about the same price as SGS. From your pix, Kalboz, Looks to me like SGS is worlds better. That said, your pix show a breakfast which completely blows away any 4P around here.
The 4pts Bkk breakfast is good and I had no issues with the service the few mornings I ate here.
Items were changed daily and not always the same as the SGS.

The 650bht for brkfast is a net price.

The SGS is 690++,over 820bht net

Make your own decision
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Canceled award booking and I got in on that Ebookers 60chf off deal and was paying $10/nite.
What is the Ebookers deal? Is it over?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by yosithezet
You could show this to the taxi driver at the airport.

I'll try to improve the quality in the coming days.
^^ Wouldn't it be nice if the hotel's taxi card was attached to the first post in each of the master threads? (Hint - mod, Hint.)
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:09 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Terrace Suite

Originally Posted by saad
would appreciate if anyone can post pictures of the terrace suite....managed to use my spg 50 certificate & get a rate of thb 3,100 per night for 5 nights....a saving of over thb 10,500 according to the agent who made the booking....
Good deal Saad ...

With courtesy of seanthepilot who allowed me to photograph his terrace suite which is very nice, spacious and well-appointed. The outside terrace is so huge you can have a FT party there

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7625518907324/

Last edited by Kalboz; Jun 29, 2013 at 9:32 am
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Richard1148
What is the Ebookers deal? Is it over?
Yeah, it was a mistake by a 'code monkey' & only out there for 1/2 a day. $60 off on a $70 spend. wj
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Good deal Saad ...

With courtesy of seanthepilot who allowed me to photograph his terrace suite which is very nice, spacious and well-appointed. The outside terrace is so huge you can have a FT party there

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/
great....thanks a lot kalboz & seanthepilot....
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:48 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Which BTS station is closer to the property. Nana or Asok?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ahs2m2
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Asoke
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:49 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
They do have a little tuk-tuk that will take you to Asok BTS station (Robinson Dept. Store enterance) if you get tired of tailors' harassment on Soi 15.

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Asoke
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:17 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Good deal Saad ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/
NYE party perhaps?

BTW I was able to take a look at a lot of the spaces that were not finished when I was there last. The pool reminds me a bit of the pool at the Marina Bay in Singapore in the way the water goes off the side. Not in size, not in height and not in many other ways... but just saying this is what sprung to my mind when I saw it. Looks like a great space and the bar up there should be a great spot to chill.

The Beer Vault blew me away. I'd seen it when it was still a concrete shell. Really amazing space and I can't wait to be in town towards the end of the month to come by during evening ours and see it in action.

BTW I highly recommend the mango cupcakes in Wrapped!

Last edited by yosithezet; Dec 7, 2010 at 6:38 am
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by yosithezet
NYE party perhaps?
sounds good....

if anyone is interested then let me know....
Old Dec 7, 2010, 5:46 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
Platinum amenity?

I wonder what the platinum amenity options are in this hotel. Kindly share if anyone knows. Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Although I usually don't take my words back, with this short time spent with this remarkable woman, I am impressed and will have to change my rating to a solid 4 star property.
Crikey, you're easily bought off. Do you work for FIFA ?.

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I've been to the hotel now a few times. The staff seems friendly enough. The pool, although small, is lovely. But the highlight looks like it will be the bar on the rooftop, once it's open. What a cool looking spot.
Originally Posted by holtju2
IMHO there are way too many quality full service hotels in Bangkok at very reasonable prices to stay at 4P.
I agree with both of these, and as someone who had a room there Sunday and enjoyed a tour of the property, if the prices do indeed start to jump I cannot see myself staying there much but will definitely be drinking there regularly, which they will probably earn more from anyway if my BarSu bills are anything to go by...

They do have a little tuk-tuk that will take you to Asok BTS station (Robinson Dept. Store enterance) if you get tired of tailors' harassment on Soi 15.
While I would find it a bit bizarre to have a tuk-ruk from the Hotel to Robinsons, I have only walked up and down there half a dozen times so far, and have years of experience with getting pestered by tailors in Bangkok, but those few shops on there seem to be especially annoying. I suppose Christmas has come early for them with the hotel opening.

I am sure the Hotel will be successful and very popular with FT'ers, especially if the property continue's to particpate on here, as that is virtually a guarantee of a fan club.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
May help for a rate match. Asia Travel www.asiatravel.com is doing a B2500 rate which inc Breakfast for 2.^
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:44 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
^^ Wouldn't it be nice if the hotel's taxi card was attached to the first post in each of the master threads? (Hint - mod, Hint.)
A simple one sentence description will be your best approach. Best advice on this thread is to simply state (or hand them a Thai written note that states) "Sukhumvit Soi 15"

While it may help a westerner find the hotel, giving a map to a taxi driver in Bangkok is not the best way to get to your destination.

In fact the map will just confuse most of them. Thai directions are usually based on distances from known locations, and Sukhumvit is clear enough to them, and the Soi number does the rest.

While it may be a slightly shorter walk to Asok, the property lies almost in the middle of the two stations. The hotel on Soi 15, Nana BTS on Soi 11, and Asok on Soi 19.

With courtesy of seanthepilot who allowed me to photograph his terrace suite which is very nice, spacious and well-appointed.http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/
The terrace suites are a very nice room. 70+ SqM plus the additional outdoor terrace. I was able to book in this higher room category while it was available.

However, you should book them quickly. The hotel is re-assessing its prices on these rooms.

Last edited by seanthepilot; Dec 8, 2010 at 1:04 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.