Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

TGIT - Thank Goodness It's Thursday! (For US residents only)

TGIT - Thank Goodness It's Thursday! (For US residents only)

Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:27 am

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Is there some way to enter this sweepstakes without having to create a Facebook account?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:40 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by unrdchi
Am I missing something with this promo? The one rate I checked before the system went down for maintenance was 50% higher than normal rates. Sheraton Deira for the dates 11/25-11/28 is 300x3=900 normally, and is 650x2=1350 with the promo. Both are advance purchase rates.
It's a hit-n-miss promo. Some hotel/ date combinations will save few bucks, sometimes you won't.

One of the more frustrating aspects of SPG.com is that you can't just do one search and get the true lowest possible prices, you have manually enter the various promo codes to see which works best -- and sometime not using one get you the best price.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by r415
Is there some way to enter this sweepstakes without having to create a Facebook account?
I entered and have nothing to do with FB.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I entered and have nothing to do with FB.
I didn't realize one could enter without going through FB. In the first two weeks, the FB page allowed you to simply enter your contact info to enter. Now it requires that you allow access from a third-party app. Blech!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by silentbob1974
In the first two weeks, the FB page allowed you to simply enter your contact info to enter.
Looks like they've changed it. No more entries for me!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Lurker, I love Starwood, but having to join Facebook????

I once did it, misclicked, and it copied over my entire address book. I avoid them at all costs.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by silentbob1974
Now it requires that you allow access from a third-party app. Blech!
i hate these 3rd party apps....
Old Feb 8, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks, SPG. I woke up with an email this morning telling me I won 30K Starpoints from the TGIT sweeptake. I don't even remember when I signed up for it, but for sure this is the first time () I have won something. 30K is not a whole lot, but sure it is nice to pocket it.

This certainly comes at the right time to bump up my SPG account balance as I just made several reservations with points and cash to the big island yesterday.

Thanks again, Starwood.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by buschoi
Thanks, SPG. I woke up with an email this morning telling me I won 30K Starpoints from the TGIT sweeptake. I don't even remember when I signed up for it, but for sure this is the first time () I have won something. 30K is not a whole lot, but sure it is nice to pocket it.

This certainly comes at the right time to bump up my SPG account balance as I just made several reservations with points and cash to the big island yesterday.

Thanks again, Starwood.
congratulations....^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.