La Caleta Resort and Spa, Tenerife, Spain ?

Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood life Plt, AA Gold.,Delta . ,Priority Plat,IC Ambassador
La Caleta Resort and Spa, Tenerife, Spain ?

Greetings:

I did a search and could not find anything current.

I would appreciate any comments, reports or what have you on this location, needless to say I am interested in Plat. treatment, the club, suggestions on transportation from TFN to hotel.....................

We are planning a May 2011 six day stay, one night cash and the rest points.

Thanks.....................
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:34 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Lufthansa M&M FTL, FlyingBlue, Air Berlin Top Bonus
we stayed there for 10 nights in November 2007.
I definitely like the place.

Platinum treatment was quite nice indeed:
We were first upgraded to some SPG room. Quite nice and spacious. But I wanted even more and pushed (quite hard) for an upgrade to a suite :-) We were able to move 3 days later into one of the biggest suites I have ever been upgraded to. I am pretty sure this was the very best suite available in the whole resort. approx. 40 sqm terrace, large living room etc etc.. I think we also had the minibar included.
The Spa was being refurbished at that time so I can't say anything about it.

The club lounge is quite nice. Decent hors d'oeuvres, drinks like Gin, Whisky oh and freshly squeezed orange juice.

We also checked out the restaurants. The Japanese one and the Vivace pool restaurant were brilliant. Don't go to the big buffet restaurant where all the package tourists go. It's massively overpriced.

Staff was mostly professional and Sheraton La Caleta / the GM even sent us a Christmas greeting that year and the year after. Nice touch.

Stay was on points only.

Can't say anything about transfort from TFN as we flew into TFS which is not too far away. We had a rental car, though.

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay! (and please report back with some more recent experiences)
Old Mar 4, 2012, 6:10 am

Any recent stays? How is Platinum recognition?
Does the hotel still offer pick-up service from TFS?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
platinum

Originally Posted by HansHaeberle
Any recent stays? How is Platinum recognition?
Does the hotel still offer pick-up service from TFS?
suite upgrades
lounge
free spa
free beach
free breakfast

+500 points for platinums

great hotel

dp
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat, UA 1K, WN CP, Marriott Gold
Stayed in Feb of '12 for 3 nights on points at the end of a 2-week Portugal/Spain trip

Suite Upgrade
comped breakfast buffet for 2 in restaurant
As other poster mentioned, club lounge was very nice - hors d'oeuvres from 2-5, beverages (alc and non-al) and snacks from 6-8
The Japanese (dinner) and pool side restaurant (lunches) were nice (did not do the dinner buffet as other poster mentioned it is pricey for what it is)

We flew into TFS and the hotel did arrange for car service to and from hotel (additional charge)

All in all, a very nice, relaxing stay at the end of a 2 week Portugal/Spain vacation

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.