Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Nights/Stays Count Double at Aloft, Element and Four Points Hotels til 31 Dec

PROMO: Nights/Stays Count Double at Aloft, Element and Four Points Hotels til 31 Dec

Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Arrow PROMO: Nights/Stays Count Double at Aloft, Element and Four Points Hotels til 31 Dec

Don't see this being posted yet. Interesting only these 3 brands are eligible. Is this a match to a particular competitor?

https://www.spgpromos.com/nightscountdouble/

Earn elite status twice as fast with the new Nights Count Double promotion:
•Every eligible night stayed at AloftSM, ElementSM and Four Points® by Sheraton hotels through December 31, 2010, counts double toward elite status.
•Earn your double nights across more than 200 Aloft, Element and Four Points hotels globally.
•To be eligible, register by December 31, 2010.

Stays and Nights Count Double Terms and Conditions:

REGISTRATION TERMS:

Member must register for this promotion online at spgpromos.com/nightscountdouble by December 31, 2010, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
For registered members, eligible stays and nights at participating AloftSM, ElementSM or Four Points® by Sheraton hotels between October 1 and December 31, 2010, count double toward SPG® elite status qualifications.

EARNING TERMS:

An Eligible Stay is one or more consecutive nights at the same participating property, whether or not you checked out and checked back in, during which you paid an Eligible Rate and presented your Starwood Preferred Guest® number at registration.
A qualifying rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints® in the Starwood Preferred Guest program. A description of Eligible Rates can be found in Section 4B.4 of the SPG program terms and conditions located at SPG.com/t&c. Note that certain prepaid rooms where the booking is made through a third party (including travelocity.com, expedia.com and orbitz.com) are not Eligible Rates.
Eligible Stays will be tracked by date member checks in and not the date the member checks out. Eligible Nights will be tracked by the month in which they occur.
Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay.

AWARD TERMS:

Bonus stays earned will post to the member's account 4–6 weeks after the end of the promotion. A bonus transaction is defined as the posting of stays and nights earned through meeting the promotional criteria.

GENERAL:

All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com.
Offer is applicable to select individual members only and is not available to groups or Starwood employees.
Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.
To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com/privacy, or call 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries to access our privacy information line.
Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law.

© 2010 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.

Last edited by jimmychang; Oct 2, 2010 at 3:21 pm
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
great....thanks for posting....my dad could use this to requalify for gold status....will get him to sign up....
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Now this is a brilliant marketing effort -- a way to drive revenue to certain brands without having to actually cough up anything. Talk about a marketing drive with no incurred costs!

(Yes, that's my way of saying gold benefits aren't worth the paper they are printed on.)
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:57 pm

looks like 4P PHX North will be alive and kicking again this year.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by DHAST
(Yes, that's my way of saying gold benefits aren't worth the paper they are printed on.)
Yet many others (including me) would disagree.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: QF Gold, SPG Gold
thanks Jimmy this will allow me to retain gold !!!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Finally a double stays promo...and I have a lot of travel to areas served by those properties planned. Thanks for the post!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This seems to be encouraging/facilitating the attainment of status with little spend. I wonder what the rationale is for this promo.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:56 pm

the faq claims that it is targetted.

-David
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:04 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
the faq claims that it is targetted.
Sensible. However, for people who need it, the Four Stays to Gold promo is open to all.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ur-points.html
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:08 pm

It did let me register and I got the confirmation email even though the FAQ says it's open to those that receive the email. Maybe I should have said that, above.

Still, at the end of the day, YMMV.

-David
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:31 pm
Suspended

It would have made more sense to offer it at the higher end properties.

It looks like they are making it easier for platinum qualification to those who typically stay at 4P
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
It looks like they are making it easier for platinum qualification to those who typically stay at 4P
It all depends who they're targeting. Maybe they're going after people who only stay at the Luxury Collection and trying to get them to spread out.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
It would have made more sense to offer it at the higher end properties.
I agree.I do not need the promotion but if a double stay promotion did occur I expected it to be LC,St Regis, W/LM only.
I am still puzzled as to what Starwood are trying to achieve with this.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
Yes...finally they have the Double-Stay Promo.

I can now easily requalify for PLT again next year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.