Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W New York Downtown, New York City [Master Thread]

W New York Downtown, New York City [Master Thread]

Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:46 am

Does Platinum receive complimentary breakfast here? I also noticed that the restaurant is closed until 30 Sept.

Dining Information: March 12, 2017 September 30, 2017

From March 12, 2017 to September 30, 2017, the Washington Bar & Grill is unavailable. During this time, beverage service will be provided by the Living Room Bar & Terrace and via in-room dining. Coffee Service in the Living Room will be available until 11am.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Does Platinum receive complimentary breakfast here? I also noticed that the restaurant is closed until 30 Sept.

Dining Information: March 12, 2017 – September 30, 2017

From March 12, 2017 to September 30, 2017, the Washington Bar & Grill is unavailable. During this time, beverage service will be provided by the Living Room Bar & Terrace and via in-room dining. Coffee Service in the Living Room will be available until 11am.
No breakfast whatsoever to anyone here until the restaurant reopens.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:43 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by broadwayboy

Dining Information: March 12, 2017 September 30, 2017

If you pursue the breakfast amenity then it's a $10 Starbucks gift card in lieu of the closed kitchen.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by uxb
If you pursue the breakfast amenity then it's a $10 Starbucks gift card in lieu of the closed kitchen.
Per night or per stay?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:43 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by controller1
Per night or per stay?
Per stay from what I understand
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Originally Posted by uxb
Per stay from what I understand
Thanks for the update. $10 Starbucks card per stay?....pftttttt....Goodbye to my four-night reservation in October.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I have stayed here twice during the restaurant closure. No one ever offered the gift card as an option at check-in, nor would I consider anything Starbucks offers "breakfast" anyway.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Oh bloody,

The restaurant is still closed

Not sure how I missed that when booking

$10/ night/ guest Starbucks giftcard in lieu of breakfast

Upgraded to a Cool Corner Room and that's about it
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
How is the restaurant still closed after all of these years?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
The perks at this hotel suck and the staff are far too busy being cool to help guests. I counted a room service tray being left in a hall for 48 hours and stood in front of the reception desk for no less than five minutes while being ignored by staff

i likewise was promised the Starbucks cards. Hotel had run out but was told they would be placed in my room. Despite staying three nights never saw those cards

Stayed once and forever struck this hotel from my list. Was so upset I filed a complaint with Marriott customer service after my stay
jaejaez likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:35 am

FYI the Marriott directly next door is fantastic. Great lounge and rooms brand new after a great renovation. Marriott downtown has my business from now on.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:37 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Nuhusky
FYI the Marriott directly next door is fantastic. Great lounge and rooms brand new after a great renovation. Marriott downtown has my business from now on.
Thanks for the recommendation - might give it a try next time Im in town! Last time was the 4P which will be my only time there.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:36 am

My last stay at the downtown Marriott was before the renovation and it was still very enjoyable. Definitely recommended.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

Thanks for the recommendation - might give it a try next time Im in town! Last time was the 4P which will be my only time there.
one note about the Marriott. They include a designation fee but that covers a food and beverage credit. Yes the fee sucks but just make sure you buy a drink or food from bills and you make up the cost of the fee. Just dont let that credit expire
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Nuhusky

one note about the Marriott. They include a designation fee but that covers a food and beverage credit. Yes the fee sucks but just make sure you buy a drink or food from bills and you make up the cost of the fee. Just dont let that credit expire
Back to the drawing board then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.