Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Sopot (Gdansk) Poland [Master Thread]

Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others

There are few comments in this forum about this hotel. it may be the best Sheraton in existence. I checked in with no problems, but discovered a day later that I had miscalculated my itinerary and needed an extra day, which coincided with a convention that resulted in 100% occupancy. they agreed to the extra day but I would need to pay 50% more and change rooms. That was reasonable for me, so i agreed. They subsequently reduced the price to the original and kept me in the same room.

The services in this hotel are well above Sheraton standard, and the location (next door to the famed Grand) cannot be beat. The Baltic views are spectacular, the courtesy and helpfulness of the staff is excellent.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:59 am

We recently stayed at this hotel and found the Sopot property a reach as the best Sheraton in existence. However, we thought it was the best of the 6 Starwood Properties in Poland, and we were told it was the newest, having been opened about two years ago. The hotel is located on the beach at the origin of the longest wooden pier in Europe, extending out into the North Sea and our stay was slightly off season in early October. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the train station, however because of our luggage, we took a cab to the hotel. We were assigned a superb junior suite with the sitting area in a turret with a telescope aimed out to sea so that we could spot ships that were a few miles off shore, or peer into the ship docks at Gdansk, about 4 miles down the beach. The Sheraton has a club lounge on the top floor where white, red, and sparkling wine along with snacks were available during happy hour. If the bottles of wine or some of the snacks were unfinished, the staff would leave these for any guests with key card access to the club lounge. Needless to say, we visited the lounge frequently and enjoyed the benefits of our SPG Platinum level. Upon checkin, our status in the SPG program was noted, and we were offered and provided everything that was expected.

Breakfast was served in the hotel dining room, and with our Platinum status, we were treated to an extensive complimentary breakfast buffet with sparkling wine as well. One of the features of the hotel that we thought was superb were the pools--one an olympic sized pool for swimming and the second a large hot tube that was very popular with guests as there were always 2-4 other guests relaxing in the hot, bubbling waters.

We spent time walking along the shore on a paved path that extended for miles, walking around town, traveling to Gdansk for a day, and shopping for amber. One of our best dinners was at the Sofitiel's Grand Hotel next door where we have a fine dinner along with some very expensive Starka vodka, although the dinner in Gdansk was equally good.

The only glitch we found in our hotel experience was that the doors to the back of the hotel were locked so that those walking on the path between the shore and the back of the hotel could not enter the hotel without walking around to the front of the hotel. We understood why the doors were locked and wondered why room key access to the hotel was not possible.

Overall a superb Sheraton with a spectacular view. In early October it was a tad cold for long walks. When my wife and I evaluate Starwood properties, we usually do not place very much weight on the price of the room. In this case, though, we found that the rate we payed was the least expensive for the 6 SPG properties we visited in Poland.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
This is my SPG favourite in Poland!

Staying here for four nights (weekdays), and were upgraded to an club executive suite without any fuzz.

The suite have a large living room, spacious bathroom and separate bedroom. All with sweeping views over the Baltic Sea and Sopot's infamous wooden pier. All is new and up to date!

Complimentary bottles of red wine (full bottle) and Acque Panna water was delivered with a note from the GM. Nice!

The club lounge is open from 6:30 AM till 11 PM. Booze from 5 PM till 7 PM. It's unstaffed, so you can use your key card and access the club lounge. It have complimentary soft drinks and coffee and some snacks outside the cocktail hours.

The breakfast is served in the hotel's main restaurant. Tasty and freshly prepared food, and lots of seafood as well. It's complimentary for club guests (and thenagain for Platinum members).

Staff is nice, so is the lobby bar and SPA floor

Very nice hotel, in a very nice location! It's way better than the Hilton in Gdansk! Can really recommend Sopot as well
Old Dec 18, 2011, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Oh? I am not sure now if I should go to Sopot Sheraton instead of Krakow Sheraton. Would cost me an additional 400 PLN for a new air ticket. Is it worth?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 5:34 am

I heard that the club lounge is now staffed, and that it have moved to a nicer location. Anyone been there? Is breakfast still served in the main restaurant?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by skrosvik
The breakfast is served in the hotel's main restaurant.
does this property offer free breakfast to plats or do we have to chose between the points & breakfast????
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:38 pm

I took the 500 points as my amenity. I was told to have breakfast in the club lounge.

However, I had breakfast in the main restaurant on both days, cause my name was on the list there. I was never charged for this. Breakfast in the restaurant was good for two persons.

I had breakfast twice on one morning, the club breakfast was good - but the breakfast in the restaurant was better and much more extensive and advanced
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by skrosvik
I took the 500 points as my amenity. I was told to have breakfast in the club lounge.

However, I had breakfast in the main restaurant on both days, cause my name was on the list there. I was never charged for this. Breakfast in the restaurant was good for two persons.

I had breakfast twice on one morning, the club breakfast was good - but the breakfast in the restaurant was better and much more extensive and advanced
sounds good....
Old May 23, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Any updates?

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT IN THE STICKY
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: HH gold, Marriott PLT, LH FTL, A3 *G, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, Mileage+ Silver, TK Elite
Couple of times

Hi,

Stayed there a couple of times and it is still excellent. Very good service and the rooms are very nice. Club Lounge has many snacks and as much wine as you want :-)

The club lounge is situated outside of the sleeping area of the hotel but it's a short walk within the hotel complex. Nice view overlooking square and a little sea view.

I can recommend the Sunday Brunch !
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
We spent time walking along the shore on a paved path that extended for miles, walking around town, traveling to Gdansk for a day, and shopping for amber. One of our best dinners was at the Sofitiel's Grand Hotel next door where we have a fine dinner along with some very expensive Starka vodka, although the dinner in Gdansk was equally good.
Is this property far from the city (gdansk)? Is there anything to do in the area? Or is it a resort where you sort of are stuck there?

Traveling around Poland solo - just wondering.
Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 6:56 am

The hotel is right in the center of the party "capital", lots of bars, clubs and restaurants nearby.
From the pier, you can take a ferry to Gdansk for example, otherwise travel by taxi shouldn't take more then 30min or so. Public transport is a bit tricker, with a change required along the way.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Is this property far from the city (gdansk)? Is there anything to do in the area? Or is it a resort where you sort of are stuck there?

Traveling around Poland solo - just wondering.
Thanks!

Oh no, it is in the middle of the fun! Take a chance and go there, you won't regret! And yes, you can go there by public transport, it's relatively easy and cost-efficient!
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:08 am

How far away is the hotel from the sea?

Is the hotel quiet or do I have to expect noise (party capital as mentioned above or from car traffic)?

How do you recommend to get to the hotel: flight to Warsaw + car/train/taxi?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by TimWong
How far away is the hotel from the sea?

Is the hotel quiet or do I have to expect noise (party capital as mentioned above or from car traffic)?

How do you recommend to get to the hotel: flight to Warsaw + car/train/taxi?
It's right by the sea.

Havn't stayed there, so not sure about the sound isolation, but it sure is a busy spot on the weekend nights. Sea side room might be quieter.

Easiest is to fly to Gdansk. Lot's of connection from FRA/MUC and WAW then take a taxi (public transport will require to to change buses, but the frequencies are rather high and if you plan ahead the routes/bus numbers it shouldn't be much of a problem).

From WAW I'd recommend taking a flight. Only 1h away to GDN, vs 5h on the train currently. With advanced planning, it should be $50-70 for one way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.