Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

First trip to Asia: Suggest SPG in Tokyo, Bangkok, Phuket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Im making my first trip to asia and looking for some spg suggestions that have good hotels in interesting locations...

Stops:

1. Tokyo
2. Area surrounding tokyo (everyone says go to kyoto)
3. Bangkok
4. Phuket (trying to find the least touristy areas if that is even possible)

I am fine with a few nights in a CAT6 hotel as I have a few 'free nights' that are expiring, but in general I am looking to spend 12k points/night

do all you world travelers out there have any suggestions? I earn most of my points at the Dallas Sheraton unfortunately, so I need some input
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
No derth of information here

Hi

Welcome to Flyertalk!

You are in luck - FT has some extremely well developed threads on these cities and the properties located therein. Each hotel has it supporters and detractors, given how tastes vary. For specific advice for your plans, it would help to know a bit more about your likes and dislikes when traveling, whether you are travelling alone, with kids, etc.

In the meantime, you can search the SPG forum using the city or the property name and you will find an amazing collection of information.

To give you a quick-start, here is the link to the Bangkok thread.

Safe travels!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:16 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt GP Plat
In Tokyo, I would recommend staying at the Westin if possible. It is a great hotel, more convenient than the Sheraton- and if you are Platinum, the breakfast options are tremendous.

As an aside, if you have any Hyatt points, stay at the Park Hyatt. It is my favorite hotel in Tokyo.

Have fun!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:57 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
To give you a quick-start, here is the link to the Bangkok thread.
Welcome!

FatManinNYC has given you a great intro to how our structure works. Besides the Bangkok thread (lots of great properties in that city), here is the Tokyo one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...etter-etc.html

Look for Kyoto info here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

As for Phuket, here are individual property threads:and here is a comparison thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ton-krabi.html

I'll lock this thread, and encourage you to post in any of the above referenced threads with questions specific to your travel interests. After your trip, I hope that you return and update the property threads on your experiences.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.