Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

PROMO: Every Night Counts (2X or 3X points) Sept 8 - Dec 15 2010

Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Well, the Sheraton in Bellevue, WA is participating. ^ Unfortunately it's the only SPG hotel in the State of Washington that IS participating.
And it's a dump
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Plat;
SPG needs a customer advisory board. stat. the promos are getting worse and worse. ambassador program is the only thing keeping me on board now.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:05 pm

my sheraton is not participating either... ahhh.. I guess I have to make my own promo by checking in every other night for extra platinum amenity points
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:08 pm

very, very nice. Thanks Starwood.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:15 pm

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by mario33
Not sure whether its just 10% of SPG properties not participating, but I have never seen so many non-participating properties before :

Malaysia - Westin KL, Le Meridien KL, Andaman Langkawi
Singapore - Sheraton Towers
Indonesia - Le Meridien Jakarta
Thailand - Westin Phuket
Vietnam - Sheraton Saigon
Australia - Westin SYD, SOTP SYD, FP SYD, FP Geelong, Sheraton Mirage GC, Sheraton Perth
This is disappointing: NOTHING in SYD !

Question for Lurkers: is this the only promo we should expect for the last quarter of the year?

I am still really hoping to see a double stay promo .

Thank you for the promo, but I have to agree with my other SPG FTers, I am slightly underwhelmed also.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
This one's interesting because we currently have 7 revenue nights booked within the promo period, with two more nights to book based on currently planned travel. Now I have to decide whether to book those nights as C+P, or to book them as revenue along with one more night somewhere.

I like these conundrums.

But wait! I just found this one in the FAQ. If we pay for our stepson's room in Bangkok (instead of the current C+P we have), this could push us over!
this is definitely a plus....i have a couple of stays where i will be booking 2 or maybe even 3 rooms....
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have mixed feelings about this promo....the one property in jaipur where i stay almost every week is not participating....that definitely sucks....i wanted to try out the new four points in bangkok at the end of the year & that is not participating as well....again this sucks....but the element in denver is participating & i'm scheduled to have 18 nights there in october....this is good....
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:40 am

Programs: KF Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, PC Gold Ambassador
Wow, none of the SPG hotels in hong kong are participating.

Guess its the Hyatt TST for me.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by meng79
Wow, none of the SPG hotels in hong kong are participating.

Guess its the Hyatt TST for me.
Me too.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mario33
Not sure whether its just 10% of SPG properties not participating, but I have never seen so many non-participating properties before :

Malaysia - Westin KL, Le Meridien KL, Andaman Langkawi
Singapore - Sheraton Towers
Indonesia - Le Meridien Jakarta
Thailand - Westin Phuket
Vietnam - Sheraton Saigon
Australia - Westin SYD, SOTP SYD, FP SYD, FP Geelong, Sheraton Mirage GC, Sheraton Perth
Funny part for me - this is full list for my hotels, which I patronize with the exception of 1 North America property, which is not part of the promotion as well. Which means I am not part of this promotion 100%. Pity.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:59 am

For SMD2, as far as I can tell, only No. Houston is participating. Is that correct William? (SMD2 properties are Westin TS NYC, Sheraton FRA Airport, Sheraton No Houston Airport, Westin Seattle). I guess we can live with the other SMD2 specific bonus.

I also noticed the absence of the 2 Palo Alto sister properties, which is unusual. They usually participate in most optional promos. Is the list correct?

Thanks,
David
Old Aug 20, 2010, 2:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Like others, I find this promotion to be weak compared to past SPG offerings. It doesn't make it a bad promo, but based on the participating properties it certainly limits the earning potential for some.

It's a nice bonus to have for my existing travel plans where relevant, but I can't see it driving me to make too many additional stays. That said, the counting of multiple rooms is a nice touch and that alone should push me to the 10 night and triple point bonus during the period.

From looking elsewhere though, I'm not sure the rest of this year is looking too great for promotions overall compared to the first half of the year at any of the major hotel chains. In that context, this probably is par for the course.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 2:07 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
It is not a good promo

We have to be an honest critic here. This is a sh#$@y promo. The double points/triple points is weak.

But the most major problem is too many properties are not participating. Are there more than nomral property that decided not to join this promotion - perhaps reconizing this promotion is non-effective?

Maybe I am just extremely unlucky that the places I freqent has low participation.

Here's my list

Seattle Washington - nothing.... only Sheraton Bellevue Hotel and it's not really in seattle. If I want those extra points, I have to go way out of my way to stay in Bellevue.

None of the Hong Kong's two property is participates?

Where's the country called "Hong Kong" ? It's a normal cultural convention that you consider Hong Kong a country, not a province part of China. This same applies to Macau and Taiwan. The person doing cultural research need to get some schooling.

My standard Sharaton Miyako Tokyo is not on the list. Nor is my Sharaton at Yokohama... Really not going to pony up so much for the Westin Tokyo.

Those hotels are about 80% of my remaining stays...

I am left with a few nights at Kyoto's Westin and a few nights in Vancouver that qualifies.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 3:21 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
I'm lucky that the 4p I usually stay in is participating.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 3:26 am

What a farce!

This latest SPG promotion is a joke, none of my regular hotels are listed as taking part including Le Meridien, Munich Germany. SPG would have been better doing nothing at all - what a disappointment. Just when SPG were beginning to go up in my estimations too - looks like it is back to ICG for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.