Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

problems transferring points to airline program online

problems transferring points to airline program online

Old Aug 9, 10, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: most of them
Unhappy problems transferring points to airline program online

I tried a few times over the weekend to transfer some point from my SPG account to my Aeroplan account. When I get the screen to enter the number of points to transfer and click on the "continue" button to review the transfer I instead get sent to my account transactions page that lists all of my recent activity. There does not appear to be any way to advance to confirmation of the transfer to make it happen.

Has anyone else encountered this? Do I need to just call them up to make this work? I have transferred points in the past without any trouble.
Old Aug 9, 10, 10:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, HHonors, BAEC, Finnair Plus
I'm having the same problem. I even tried to use a different browser, but with no luck. I then sent an email to the customer service, but their reply was just that it may have been a temporary glitch in the system. But it surely doesn't seem to be temporary. I've been trying this several times since Friday.
Old Aug 9, 10, 10:44 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Anyone having problems with any feature at spg.com can report it to the Internet Help Desk by calling 888-625-5144, option 3.

If the problem can be replicated, they will know how to escalate the issue to the proper people at Starwood.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 11, 10, 8:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
The problem can be replicated...

I've just tried from multiple browsers and machines, and it still does this.

After entering the number of miles and clicking on the "Continue" button, it takes the user to "My Recent Activity" page. I don't mind giving a heads-up, but I'm not going to spend more time reporting this on the phone.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

Cheers!
Old Aug 13, 10, 10:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker View Post
Anyone having problems with any feature at spg.com can report it to the Internet Help Desk by calling 888-625-5144, option 3.

If the problem can be replicated, they will know how to escalate the issue to the proper people at Starwood.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
I'm quite surprised that this wasn't fixed yet.

Can you please find out how much longer they're planning on keeping it like this? Thank you!

Maybe it'll require a PM or two...
Old Aug 13, 10, 10:18 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by dre_techie View Post
I'm quite surprised that this wasn't fixed yet.

Can you please find out how much longer they're planning on keeping it like this? Thank you!

Maybe it'll require a PM or two...
My apologies, but no...the web gurus are aware of the situation and they will fix it whenever it is possible to do so.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Aug 13, 10, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP /United Silver/Marriot Plat / HH Gold / SPG Gold
Same happened to me, but i simply called in, and the desk was able to initiate the transfer for me...including the 5000pt bonus...

:-)
Old Aug 14, 10, 2:35 am

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
thanks for starting this thread

I've been waiting 5 days for the function to work. I too assumed that it might be browser specific, guess not.
Old Aug 14, 10, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1.9MM
I had this problem Thursday and initiated an online web chat. I gave all my info to the attendant and she handled the transfer. Points were taken out of my SPG account on Thursday but haven't shown up in my AA account yet. Hopefully she transcribed my proper AAdvantage number for the transfer...I'll give it a few more days.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: