Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Gold vs. Platinum: Does It Excite Anyone Anymore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold vs. Platinum: Does It Excite Anyone Anymore?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Hilton Diamond to SPG Platinum

I will be Hilton Diamond next week (after one more stay) and hope SPG will match the status. Does anyone have experience on doing this? Suggestions?

I have a stay booked next month at the W Vieques- what are the Platinum perks? Any luck with suite upgrades?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:55 am

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by DallasBeyond
I will be Hilton Diamond next week (after one more stay) and hope SPG will match the status. Does anyone have experience on doing this? Suggestions?

I have a stay booked next month at the W Vieques- what are the Platinum perks? Any luck with suite upgrades?
fyi but no more status matches, now its a challenge. I believe you need to stay 15 times in 90 days. You need to contact SPG to sign up for the challenge.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by justspg
I believe you need to stay 15 times in 90 days. You need to contact SPG to sign up for the challenge.
Semantics maybe, but I believe the challenge typically requires 15 nights in 90 days, not stays.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage nothing, Milage Plus nothing
Originally Posted by el_tigre
Semantics maybe, but I believe the challenge typically requires 15 nights in 90 days, not stays.
It is nights. I am in the middle of the challenge now. No status giving during the challenge though, only after completion.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by justspg
fyi but no more status matches, now its a challenge. I believe you need to stay 15 times in 90 days. You need to contact SPG to sign up for the challenge.

Not sure it's worth it- 15 nights with non-status, foregoing HH points and perks. Why/When did they stop matching status?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DallasBeyond
Not sure it's worth it- 15 nights with non-status, foregoing HH points and perks. Why/When did they stop matching status?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-1-2011-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.