Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page > SPG Best of Europe - What are your top European Starwood Properties?

SPG Best of Europe - What are your top European Starwood Properties?

Old Jul 26, 13, 7:06 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by remymartin View Post
I suppose 1-4 are ideal categories. I've had Austria in mind and was also thinking about LM Lav Split.
Apropos Austria and if an outdoor pool is a must: Dornbirn, but if you have childs under 16 years forget it. But the Bodensee is near...

Schloß Fuschl is cat. 6. The Jagdhof is cat. 3 and even without outdoor pool quite nice
Old Jul 26, 13, 10:24 am

Programs: SPG P & anti-MR lifetime LeClub/IHG/NCHP HHDia WoHE CCG, BA/A3 G AA Plt, vihreän magian kortti
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb View Post
Apropos Austria and if an outdoor pool is a must: Dornbirn, but if you have childs under 16 years forget it. But the Bodensee is near...

Schloß Fuschl is cat. 6. The Jagdhof is cat. 3 and even without outdoor pool quite nice
Great info, thanks! No kids, no worries!
Old Jul 20, 14, 8:49 am

Programs: SPG P & anti-MR lifetime LeClub/IHG/NCHP HHDia WoHE CCG, BA/A3 G AA Plt, vihreän magian kortti
It's that time of the year, again! Same question as last year - looking to do a few days in early August either on points or reasonable amount of cash. I can get to VIE pretty easily, but Fuschlsee looks quite far away. Are there any decent options that don't involve driving?
Old Jul 21, 14, 9:45 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Plat100 AMB (Lft Gold) / Hyatt*Globalist
My personal fav. would be hotel imperial wien. Half of my birthdays during the last six years were spent there. 2nd spot would be grande bretagne. Also a fav. stay for bdays.
Old Jul 21, 14, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by supatight80 View Post
My personal fav. would be hotel imperial wien. Half of my birthdays during the last six years were spent there. 2nd spot would be grande bretagne. Also a fav. stay for bdays.
Thanks. Neither seem to be within my budget right now
Old Jul 21, 14, 12:44 pm

Programs: LH Sen, AA Gold, SWA A+, *W Plat, Hyatt Dia, MR Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat, CC Gold
Tops for me in Europe so far:

Resorts:
Hotel Marques de Riscal in Elciego, Spain
Blue Palace, Crete

City Hotels:
Grande Bretagne in Athens
Westin Excelsior in Florence
Old Jul 21, 14, 1:38 pm

For anyone who hasn't tried, Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville is wonderful. It's exactly what I'm looking for (price, location, locale, property, outdoor pool), but I'm in need of something different.
Old Jul 21, 14, 3:32 pm

Definitely have to echo that my two favorites are the Hotel Pulitzer in Amsterdam and W Barcelona. The Hotel Pulitzer is just lovely....great staff, wonderful restaurant, fantastic location right on the canal, great touches like heated floors in the bathrooms and is just a quintessential Amsterdam property.

The W in Barcelona is quite a distance from some of the highlights in the city, but I personally love that it's right on the beach, we have always gotten the rooms with the floor-to-ceiling views of the Mediterranean, the staff can't do enough for us and the property just epitomizes Mediterranean chic.

We liked the Westin Europa & Regina in Venice only for the phenomenal views of the Grand Canal. The hotel itself left us feeling cold and the staff isn't really very warm. But for our first time in Venice, it was perfect for the views and convenient location.
Old Jul 21, 14, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Plat100 AMB (Lft Gold) / Hyatt*Globalist
For anyone who hasn't tried, Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville is wonderful. It's exactly what I'm looking for (price, location, locale, property, outdoor pool), but I'm in need of something different.
Oh yes...i will agree that it looks like a wonderful hotel when i was scouting that property last winter

But i will have to wait til this winter to try it out. IIRC, it was around 150e/night during winter time. My only issue with seville is the added plane cost to get there from a *alliance hub.
Old Jul 21, 14, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA 7MM Exec,Life Plat, SPG Plat Amb,Life Plat,Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat
10 pounds gained in 10 days

Pitrizzia is a my favourite in Europe. I spent 12 nights there on vacation eating the most delicious Italian food and gazing out at the Green Blue Ocean. My room was small but the resort was low key and fabulous....Really one of the ones worth the $2000 per night.

Safe travels!
Old Jul 21, 14, 11:44 pm

Oh yes...i will agree that it looks like a wonderful hotel when i was scouting that property last winter

But i will have to wait til this winter to try it out. IIRC, it was around 150e/night during winter time. My only issue with seville is the added plane cost to get there from a *alliance hub.
It is at less than 200€ at the moment. No need to wait until winter

I thought TAP fly to Seville?
Old Jul 22, 14, 2:13 am

is it warm in Sardinia in September?

Originally Posted by NYCtraveler View Post
Pitrizzia is a my favourite in Europe. I spent 12 nights there on vacation eating the most delicious Italian food and gazing out at the Green Blue Ocean. My room was small but the resort was low key and fabulous....Really one of the ones worth the $2000 per night.

Safe travels!
Did you happen to see the other Starwood properties? If so, were they all equally nice? Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 14, 6:36 am

It is at less than 200€ at the moment. No need to wait until winter

I thought TAP fly to Seville?
Unfortunately, TP doesnt fly to Asia. So going to LIS requires transiting in BCN with SQ or MAD with TG. If im not mistaken, coz i really wanted to try alfonso seville last winter, the train ride was mighty expensive from bcn or mad, hence i decided to forego alfonso.

But this winter, ill just take ryanair.
Old Jul 22, 14, 6:57 am

But this winter, ill just take ryanair.
Whoa, that's dedication!!
Old Jul 22, 14, 10:27 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by spellbound2 View Post
Did you happen to see the other Starwood properties? If so, were they all equally nice? Thanks!
I had a beverage on the deck at Romazzino last month and loved it. The feel of the property appealed to me and the view was extraordinary, yachts, islands and all. I did not see a room.

Search this Thread