Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: "SPG Rewarding Returns" [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: "SPG Rewarding Returns" [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
I'm hoping for the 20k points for each 10 stays again. I have enough free nights that expire between the Hyatt & SPG promotions
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I only see 2 pages.
You need a new browser.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by yeunganson
It is also quite fun to know Thyetus Lee's Chinese name 李俊营.

Lee = 李, 俊 = handsome, 营 = camp/battalion.

The job title of Thyetus also sound extrodinarily which gives a perception of importance I think
喜来登酒店及度假酒店國際集團網絡討論區協調員 which translates to

Sharaton Hotel and Resort Hotel International Group Network Discussion Area Cooperator
Cooperator should be Coordinator
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by mile ho
I'm thinking this promo (Rewarding Returns) might really be hot.

Seeing it as a possible answer to Hyatt's just-ended BWB, which in fact was quite awesome.

Then SPG Amex comes out with their best offer ever right before (I believe) the much anticipated Chase Hyatt co-branded shows up. Pre-emptive strike by AMEX and SPG?

If this winds up being a smokin' hot promo, let the war between SPG/AMEX and Hyatt/Chase rage on. Love to stay at either and will no doubt rack up the freebies.
Is there a SPG/AMEX promotion going now? Would appreciate info or details.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
At this point the thread is in poor taste, IMHO. And questionable in its motives, too. Either feed us the promo or wait to post until there is info.
Congrates to Starwood! A great way to keep us hooked and not jump to Hilton or Hyatt offers this month, while not promising anything.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by kitsura
You need a new browser.
You can set the number of posts per page in your FT preferences. I suspect he, like me, has more posts per page than others, resulting in fewer pages.

And with this post, I'm now on to page 3...
Old Jul 10, 2010, 1:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I only see 2 pages.
Originally Posted by kitsura
You need a new browser.
The number of pages is determined by your setting as to number of posts per page.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 1:15 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I just hope it's going to be applicable to stays already booked....
Old Jul 10, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
As my 5 yr olds would say.... Teaser Weezer :lol:
Old Jul 10, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by Braindrain
I just hope it's going to be applicable to stays already booked....
How could it not be if it counts stays from the beginning of july?
Old Jul 10, 2010, 2:16 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
You can set the number of posts per page in your FT preferences. I suspect he, like me, has more posts per page than others, resulting in fewer pages.

And with this post, I'm now on to page 3...
We seem to have precisely the same settings.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 3:24 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
Congrates to Starwood! A great way to keep us hooked and not jump to Hilton or Hyatt offers this month, while not promising anything.
Just the opposite for me. SPG is an awesome program, but these games leave a bad taste in my mouth. In most cities, I can find a good room for 1/2 the price of Starwood's (1/3 of the price where I stay). They are more likely to lose my business with this approach. Ahem, we deserve more than high school games.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:26 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Over the next few days, SPG will be launching a new promotional offer series called "SPG Rewarding Returns".

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Lurker II, any chance you could advice us when it will be launched? It's been 3 days now, and over 8000 views to your thread, even though there is no new develpment. Perhaps you could tell us exactly what was meant by 'next few days', and spare us the anguish of having to keep checking. Thanks in advance. ^

Last edited by SC Alum; Jul 11, 2010 at 2:35 am
Old Jul 11, 2010, 3:27 am

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Geez, calm down people. The Lurkers did us a favor by letting us know about a promo before it was officially announced, and now we just bug them because it's not up yet?

If this is the thanks they get for giving us a heads-up, next time they might decide to just avoid the hassle and not announce the promo until it actually happens. I, for one, appreciate the heads-up.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 3:47 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by r415
Geez, calm down people. The Lurkers did us a favor by letting us know about a promo before it was officially announced, and now we just bug them because it's not up yet?

If this is the thanks they get for giving us a heads-up, next time they might decide to just avoid the hassle and not announce the promo until it actually happens. I, for one, appreciate the heads-up.
Couldnt agree more!

If you are thinking about booking a lot of stays for the coming months over the next few days you might just hold off now and wait to see if Starwood tempt you! If the Lurkers say nothing and you make your bookings elsewhere all people would do is complain that they were not told about a promo soon enough!

The Lurkers must feel sometimes their damned if they do and damned if they don't!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.