Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: "SPG Rewarding Returns" [Master Thread]

PROMO: "SPG Rewarding Returns" [Master Thread]

Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by merrickdb
I love the Google translation of some of the comments on that thread, like this one from Thyetus:

"Members countrymen, do not worry do not worry. No boiled rice, vegetables are not washed. We look forward to with patience."

and from other members:

"Look forward to looking forward, hope is a big surprise."

"lurker finally revealed a little wind."

"Support the 1000 hours each night, a statement is not to say Well to hear your views. We all express."

"Feel that the secretive, and in the end what kind of promotion do?
There are back mechanism, appeals to the imagination"

"Let me hasten to leave this for 2 months every day looking forward to a spree SPG"
hilarious....
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Are you serious with that answer?
Sorry...tried answering what appeared to be a newbie question in the most direct way without looking at your # of posts. I'm sure Thyetus and William would define themselves slightly more eloquently.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 4:41 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by saad
hilarious....
It is also quite fun to know Thyetus Lee's Chinese name 李俊营.

Lee = 李, 俊 = handsome, 营 = camp/battalion.

The job title of Thyetus also sound extrodinarily which gives a perception of importance I think
喜来登酒店及度假酒店國際集團網絡討論區協調員 which translates to

Sharaton Hotel and Resort Hotel International Group Network Discussion Area Cooperator
Old Jul 9, 2010, 5:03 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by merrickdb
I love the Google translation of some of the comments on that thread, like this one from Thyetus:

"Members countrymen, do not worry do not worry. No boiled rice, vegetables are not washed. We look forward to with patience."
I think Thyetus was trying to be rurally folksy and try to use an analogy of "dinner not ready" to describe the not yet ready new promotion from spg. His tone was somewhat deference - like waiter addressing customers, or a maid addressing the head of household.

"Dear fellow countrymen, father and elders, there is no rush. The rice has not fully cooked. The vegetables has not been washed yet. (implying meal/dinner is not ready as vegetables normally is the last dish to get cooked). Let's us together anticipate patiently."
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Hertz PC,National EE
This thread has clearly generated a lot of buzz. 5 pages with no actual information? That's amazing guys.

We must be hungry for something different!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by astan100
This thread has clearly generated a lot of buzz. 5 pages with no actual information? That's amazing guys.
Whaddya mean, amazing?!?!!?! I've seen threads on FT with way more posts and nothing substantive.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:00 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I'm suddenly craving rice and vegetables.

flyertea.com's thread has 52 posts. So what are the social dynamics on that site, yeunganson? Which hotel do they pick on like the 4P Miami Beach? Who plays the part of Cheap Elite in that forum? Are there any secrets which should be reposted here?

I learned...
The Helpdesk link has an easy-to-remember shortcut: www.starwoodhotels.com/specialdeal
Old Jul 9, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by andymo99
[emphasis added]

So I am concluding that:
  • There will be different offers for different segments (and we'll all be posting our offer, and jealous that others got better offers, and then people will say it isn't cool to treat customers differently and they are taking their business elsewhere...)
  • The "richest" offers are going to go to profiles that historically don't take advantage of the promos.

I'm personally looking at 21 stays in July, which all count toward FWN. Curious how they'll stack up for me with this promo! Personally, I'm ready for a promo that doesn't reward hotel hopping. (Like Q1 this year, with 2x/3x/4x points for longer duration stays.)
While I still plan to requalify for plat, a recent remodel (and subsequent bill for the work) has left me with zero stays during the FWN promo. You and I will have to compare our offers when the new promo goes live... Here's hoping we both do well.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Whaddya mean, amazing?!?!!?! I've seen threads on FT with way more posts and nothing substantive.
so true....
Old Jul 10, 2010, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by northshorepa
Sorry...tried answering what appeared to be a newbie question in the most direct way without looking at your # of posts. I'm sure Thyetus and William would define themselves slightly more eloquently.
Yeah, I have been trying to show JFKSFOLAX_friend the ropes around here, but he is such a slow learner. These newbies need lots of help!
Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
@Starwood Lurker...there's teasing, and then there's just plain being mean...this is now just mean!

Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:30 am

subscribing/waiting
Old Jul 10, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: SPG
Really wanna to see what options/rewards are open!
Old Jul 10, 2010, 9:55 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
At this point the thread is in poor taste, IMHO. And questionable in its motives, too. Either feed us the promo or wait to post until there is info.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 10:43 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV

I only see 2 pages.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.